The absence of snow

Ungod

For this Christmas, I bring you a little quest in the 'decorate a scene' style. You can work digitally or analog, as long as you respect the indications.

The indications are hinted in the title - I want something that reflects the absence of snow.

Spoiler

I remember that my childhood's winters were snowy. Some years meant you could hardly go through the snow blanket. Everything was dazzling white, so white it hurt your eyes. Not anymore. This winter, I had one day of snow (1). I'm not complaining - hey, it's warmer. Besides, the snow is not gone yet - it'll be here. In...March. I'm not complaining, but it is strange to me, so  I chose this theme.

You are to take a scene that has lots of open space and no buildings, such as Tranquil Plains (a very simple building or a very small one is ok). Color it lightly with nuances of blue of your choosing (you can add other colors as well, as long as it fits the 'blue' theme). Also, add an unfinished snowman somewhere in the scene or anything else that expresses this idea of 'absence of snow'.

You can submit 3 entries at most, but only one may be rewarded. You can participate with your main OR any of your alts. Deadline is two weeks from now and rewards are: 1 creature of mine (I'll give the winner the choice between a santa, an shmsh, a nutcracker and other medium-rare ones) plus 3 credits for first place, 1 gold plus 3 credits for second, 3 credits for third. 

Good luck!

Edited by Ungod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It should be tomorrow, but I don't want to force you to finish it by then. 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:36 PM, Chewett said:

If the contest gets more than 3 participants I will sponsor the most recent MD birthday creature if Ungod agrees.

Even if you participate, the condition wouldn't be met anyway (and I'm not sure I can accept Dhyone's submission unless the scene is being confirmed - it looks like Ravenhold, but who knows?), because 3 is not more than 3.

So taking these things into account, I'll do this: I'm further extending the deadline to the 25th of January. That's a month for people who are interesting in doing a little artistic effort.

• Root Admin
20 hours ago, Ungod said:

So taking these things into account, I'll do this: I'm further extending the deadline to the 25th of January. That's a month for people who are interesting in doing a little artistic effort.

I can announce it too if you want? To really tell people!

• Root Admin

I havent had as much time on it as I wanted but I spent a load of time setting up my Wacom again, happy days.

2020_01_23_mdsceneartcontest.png

Its pretty terrible but I enjoyed making it so I am very happy with the result :)

I coloured the flowers in red as I liked the idea that poppies were flowering and there was a late snow. If I had more time I would embellish the snow on the ground with more flourishes and probably colour in the road a different colour.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:16 AM, Ungod said:

My avi looks really sad in this...funny, I never would've imagined it being like that. Awesome.

Dhyone, can you confirm the scene, please?

Tomorrow I'll end the quest.

It's not an MD scene... 

I suppose this wasn't clear enough, my bad:

On 12/24/2019 at 11:17 PM, Ungod said:

You are to take a scene that has lots of open space and no buildings, such as Tranquil Plains

Ok, I am hereby declaring the quest finished; thank you, participants !

wait for the results in a week or two :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I have to thank my judges for taking the burden to assess the submissions.

The results give AIA the first position, with Chewett and Dhyone following! I only wish there were more participants. 

Let's have more quests in the future!