PMs in game

Gchick

Being stuck in story mode I wanted to maybe sent some PMs to people in game I knew would be on, but don't frequent the forums that much.

But I noticed there is no option to create a new PM directly from the menu. How about adding such a feature? Similar to an email account, you could make an option labeled "new message" which would open a blank window for you to fill in the recipient, subject and the actual message.

Maybe also a button that lets you add people directly from your buddy list.

Mm, the system now is kind of inconvenient. We have to hunt the person down to be able to message him/her for the first time, and dig up an old message to reply to from then on.

But I have to say, there is a certain fun in it, especially when it comes to messaging rpcs for their quests.

*cough* Anyway, yeah, it would be a lot more intuitive; maybe another MD feature?

Mm, the system now is kind of inconvenient. We have to hunt the person down to be able to message him/her for the first time, and dig up an old message to reply to from then on.

But I have to say, there is a certain fun in it, especially when it comes to messaging rpcs for their quests.

*cough* Anyway, yeah, it would be a lot more intuitive; maybe another MD feature?

It's not fun when you are stuck in Story mode, as I am.

I can only bother you here now. Not nearly as much fun. Especially since you pretend to be doing homework.

I am trying to do my homework, see, but a certain someone keeps on bothering me, you know? I have the document open, see, and I manage to write a few sentences between intervals of answering pms :P

I tend to prefer forum pms anyway because the game is a bit slower. But yeah, I agree it's something that wants changing.

You can still use your regular mail. I know this is too little too late now, but I save one mail from everyone, so that I can write them when/if I feel the need to do so again.

Regular mail? But that's my point. I can't because I don't have any PMs from the people I want to write. Hence the "new message" function.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumb,

because I really consider this an important feature. More so that now in the dojos there are plenty of people not respecting the rules by attacking people without consent, but by the time the attacked realized, the attacker left.

We cannot be expected to chase after them and look for them all over Marind Bell to tell them not to do that. So to be able to create a new message, or at least to be able to message based on your fight log, would be a great addition and a big help.

because I really consider this an important feature. More so that now in the dojos there are plenty of people not respecting the rules by attacking people without consent, but by the time the attacked realized, the attacker left.

We cannot be expected to chase after them and look for them all over Marind Bell to tell them not to do that. So to be able to create a new message, or at least to be able to message based on your fight log, would be a great addition and a big help.

I agree with you completely Gchick. It would make life a lot easier for all of the dojo staff, including me. However, until we have such a function, please see my post in The Way of the Dojo, also in response to this issue. In the instance of the dojo it is usually possible to track people down without leaving the dojo. However it's a pain and it does not solve the problem for people in story mode or in other circumstances.