Grandmother's Case of Oddities Game

The idea is to get hold of at least one item that starts with each letter of the alphabet.  This is a spin-off of the memory game "I packed in my Grandmother's trunk...." and each challenger recites the growing list then adds an item with the next letter of the alphabet, only here you must assemble the list with inventory items.  Caveat: I do not know for sure that every letter of the alphabet is represented!

Present yourself with your inventory for inspection (loans are okay) to Fyrd Argentus to win a prize.  Maybe a pickle, an odd item, or even a colored critter while supplies last.

Have fun!

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• 3 months later...

Fyrd has 21 of the 26 letters of the alphabet covered.  Anybody who can at least match that deserves a wishpoint.  21 inventory items with different starting letters, ignoring punctuation.  It is quite legal to "borrow" items under whatever side arrangements you want to make.

So, assuming Else's inventory checks out (which I will do in person), that's a wishpoint.

If you combined our two inventories, we'd make 23.  Anybody {beside Else} want to try for 24?  Worth another wishpoint if you can.

{Per the usual wp rules, Else can't win this quest twice.}

Edited by Fyrd Argentus
Noting no repeat winners allowed for wp quests

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, Fyrd Argentus said:

So, assuming Else's inventory checks out (which I will do in person), that's a wishpoint.

If you combined our two inventories, we'd make 23.  Anybody {beside Else} want to try for 24?  Worth another wishpoint if you can.

{Per the usual wp rules, Else can't win this quest twice.}

I have 25 letters out of 26. Check my inventory when you get the chance :)

Yep, inventory of 25 unique starting letters confirmed.  Chriselnenepr wins a wishpoint!

To claim the final wishpoint in this challenge, you'd have to all 26.   (Else & Chris are obviously not eligible, having set previous records).

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• 5 months later...

I have it on solid 3rd-hand authority that there are no RP items that begin with X.  Therefore, to get an X you'd have to con somebody into making a new RP item (e.g. xylophone) and that's not what this quest was about.

Therefore, this quest is now officially closed.

There is no reason, though, why you might not want to try it yourself for fun, or as a competition between friends.

2 hours ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

I have it on solid 3rd-hand authority that there are no RP items that begin with X.  Therefore, to get an X you'd have to con somebody into making a new RP item (e.g. xylophone) and that's not what this quest was about.

Therefore, this quest is now officially closed.

There is no reason, though, why you might not want to try it yourself for fun, or as a competition between friends.

pff i was already rping that