Shards storage not giving extra rewards for sacrifice

Else

Importance:  Medium

Description - What happens when the bug occurs:
Giving a creature the Shard ability Shards Storage does not increase a creature rewards for sacrifice.

How to reproduce the bug:
Check rewards for a creature without shards abilities in an altar, then give Shards Storage ability to the same creature and check again in the same altar.

What you expect to happen:
The rewards for sacrificing the creature should be increased with Shards Storage ability as stated in the ability description and announced:

image.png.3a383f3135fa2b38784f430ce2d162ae.png

https://m;agicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/5243

Example:

Without shards abilities:

image.png.664f80584b13fd8598fbad9e76e57e4f.png

With 1 Shard Storage ability:

image.png.196db69685fe718d8033108c88e2fd64.png

With 2 Shards Storage abilities:

image.png.a0e1cf6a6de7bd673e9fff040291c96d.png

Edited by Else

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

i am not sure if you are talking about something that is not a bug, or i fail to understand how to reproduce it, so, to clarify something:

Shards Storage, will hold the shards and give them back when you sac the crit. In your screens i can see the Creature Shards rewarded for the sacrifice get increased as you add "Shards Storage". First time you have 553, then 603, then 1053

I tested on a crit of my own and i got +1220, +1270, +1720, +10220 (they look good to me, i did not test if they are actually given)

these shards are the shards that you spend on the "Shards Storage" abilities, that you get back when you sacrifice the crit, or if you recycle the ability from the crit page. Other rewards are not given for shards on the crit, the crit stats define what additional number of shards you get in addition to whatever the crit stores in "Shards Storage" abilities.

Creature ID: 706529

without any shard ability:

image.png.6795752486cc8373215168cf77c4ae66.png

with 1 shard ability ( ranged inhibitor)

image.png.8c7f376cf75bee733a6dde6c423962f9.png

with 2 shards abilities ( 2 ranged inhibitors)

image.png.65576e7e98d725c8bbc0a749ae0b6f28.png

It does work different to shards storage, it increases everything...

• Root Admin

So here are my findings.

I will attach the sacrifice rewards for the crit as it is, and with 4 "Shards Storage" and with 4 "Wound the unkucky" abilities.

I should mention that "wound the unlucky" is marked as created by me so it has a discount on recycling shards. The system is designed so that each that designs a new ability gets a 50% discount on the shards used for it, so the total shards SPENT on these 4x "Wound the unlucky" is 39000 and 78000 shards spent for the 4x "Shards Storage" setup

"Shards Storage" gives back 40220 shards, with NO modification to the other rewards. This is half the spent shards plus the shards given by the crit stats.

"Wound the unlucky" gives back 20720 shards, but with significantly increased other rewards. (half the shards spent on the abilities, plus the shards given by the crit)

Things look fine to me. If you want to get more rewards on the crit but give up shards, load other abilities on the crit. If you want to recover the shards recycle them, its better than sacrificing a crit with the storage shards.

Please compare the numbers yourself, when it comes to comparing numbers i might be wrong.

reviewing the code, things look more simple to understand.

Each shard ability gives 30% increased bonus, and abilities that do just storage, are not considered abilities, they do nothing they just store the shards.

In addition you have premium crits and rare, that can create situations and setups where you get more shards than you invest. This balances the fact that you can lose half of shards if you are not careful and dont experiment what is best for you.

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (40).png

• Root Admin
14 minutes ago, Else said:

Just to clarify I am not talking about the shards returned, I am talking about eveything else, "shards storage" does not give this:

image.png.aef8bf3ed2fd1409234240b04313aa6f.png

image.png.21251ec15d7b61e0ad51c3fa198038d2.png

when it should reading the description.

no it should not... according to what description?

3 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Things look fine to me. If you want to get more rewards on the crit but give up shards, load other abilities on the crit. If you want to recover the shards recycle them, its better than sacrificing a crit with the storage shards.

I think the issue here is that some creatures do not have any other shard abilities other then Shard Storage. I know of at least 2 maxed out creatures that only have Shard Storage, so it is currently impossible to increase the reward you get for sacrificing them(using shards).

image.png.25b45ae858acb0add4c67d07286b285d.png

Edited by stavaroiu

In my defence I believed "shards storage" was the answer to give extra rewards when sacrificing a creature until new shards abilities were developed.

To sum up:

• This is not a bug, it is working as expected.
  • New shards abilities were added to some creatures (if not all) that only had available "shards storage".
  • New info message was added when attempting to sacrifice a creature with "shards storage" explaining it will not give extra rewards to avoid confusion.

I believe we can close this topic, thanks Mur.

Edited by Else