The Architect

"Good architecture should inspire, revolt, elevate, depress... create any response, anything except disinterest."

I see the bones of the world. I see them take shape. I watch them writhe, rise, fall and come together. Through my pen things become real, my ideas populate this place. I carve the environment, shape it. I am here to build, to create and to control. I am the agent of change... The Architect.

Should you find you need a place in this world, come to me and I will build your dreams.

I came to this place with memories. I had no form, but I remembered things. I had hands once, I used those hands to craft, to build. Why could I no longer do these things? As I bound creatures to my will, set them to battle and watched them develop my body began to reform. I was something new, something different. My conciousness changed, but somewhere locked inside were the memories, the desires, the need to make new things. I began to see this world both as it was and as it could be and I made it my mission to create that vision, to add to what was here before me and make this place better for those that would come after.

These lands are unfinished, but I will work to finish them. I know that task will never end, but one man cannot achieve perfection on his own. I need others. I pray that others will follow me and take up my mantle when I am gone, but for now I build. I make myself a servant, the agent of development, of change for the better. Bring me your dreams and I will make them my own - I will be your slave and your master.

I am the Architect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you mean by building? I'm not sure about any ideas for any of the places currently in MD, but if you could open up a new area in the north-west past Loreroot.
Mountain holds, citadels, underground cities in complex cavern systems. An altar suspended above a gaping abyss in the heart of a mountain. Dragon cities upon lofty peaks in the far north. Abandoned ruins of an old civilization before Daniel Raven, and Jack Willow. Signs of Elf dwellings. The remnants of a race of dwarves in small villages niched into the mountains nearby their mines.
A vast maze of passes, small glens and mountain vales. I can not compare in artistic skills to any of the artists on the game, but if I get better I'll contribute as much as I can.
And I would really love to base an alliance of assasins known as the Anmaglahk in the northwestern corner of the mountains in the homeland of the elves, backed by a sheer drop down the cliffs of Insanity into the pounding surf. Of course they would have to befriend the elves and swear fealty or something first.
I'll need to do more planning on this and probably learn some coding.
It's some awesome ideas I have but I'm not sure how feasible they are. But I am seriously going to make an effort to accomplish it.

[quote name='Marten_Lord' post='18601' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:13 PM']What do you mean by building? I'm not sure about any ideas for any of the places currently in MD, but if you could open up a new area in the north-west past Loreroot.
Mountain holds, citadels, underground cities in complex cavern systems. An altar suspended above a gaping abyss in the heart of a mountain. Dragon cities upon lofty peaks in the far north. Abandoned ruins of an old civilization before Daniel Raven, and Jack Willow. Signs of Elf dwellings. The remnants of a race of dwarves in small villages niched into the mountains nearby their mines.
A vast maze of passes, small glens and mountain vales. I can not compare in artistic skills to any of the artists on the game, but if I get better I'll contribute as much as I can.
And I would really love to base an alliance of assasins known as the Anmaglahk in the northwestern corner of the mountains in the homeland of the elves, backed by a sheer drop down the cliffs of Insanity into the pounding surf. Of course they would have to befriend the elves and swear fealty or something first.
I'll need to do more planning on this and probably learn some coding.
It's some awesome ideas I have but I'm not sure how feasible they are. But I am seriously going to make an effort to accomplish it.[/quote]

That's a fascinating idea. It would require a lot of work and Mur would need to buy in, but it's not out of the question. Let's talk some more about it. I happen to know a few artists that might be able to pull something like that off. It would take a long time though

I am unsure how the logistics will work out, but i may require your assistance in the future...I am the captain of the Crimson Blade, and i hope someday to find an offshore island, or continent that we may expand to...Should i ever find such lands, your assistance could be most benificial, and appreciate. I was merely wondering if i would have your assitance in such a case?

[quote name='cryxus' post='18884' date='Oct 25 2008, 02:19 PM']I am unsure how the logistics will work out, but i may require your assistance in the future...I am the captain of the Crimson Blade, and i hope someday to find an offshore island, or continent that we may expand to...Should i ever find such lands, your assistance could be most benificial, and appreciate. I was merely wondering if i would have your assitance in such a case?[/quote]

Absolutely.

[quote name='I am Bored' post='18970' date='Oct 27 2008, 04:30 PM']I WANT TO HELP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE????????[/quote]

Thank you all for your offers of help. I will likely take you up on it if and when such a thing becomes possible. Decisions of this type will require the approval of Mur. In the meantime, however, we may amuse ourselves by figuring out what such a thing should be.

I propose a port, somewhere south of No Man's Land. From there, a certain ship and her captain would be able to transport worthy people to a small island in the south seas.

What should this island consist of? Keep in mind it should be small, perhaps only 5 or 6 scenes in toto.

hey, sorry im late on posting this, me and Blackthorn have been talking, and perhaps it could be a nice little fortified pirate city, like tortuga...although it would be nice to have some jungle area, and perhaps a fenth somewhere, and of course a beach and a port...of course this may be asking for too much, in which case, by all means, edit it out excessiveness. Many thanks! ~Cryxus~

hmm i like cryxus idea, but how about a jungle area, with lots of secrets to discover. oh and glor i would like to help you but i cant draw very well, i am good in drawing models like a house or a bridge but not in things like trees, animanls, ground etc., i have learned to draw some architectal structures, but thats all.

but if you need ideas or something then i would liek to help you.

[quote name='Xcercses' post='19491' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:24 AM']hmm i like cryxus idea, but how about a jungle area, with lots of secrets to discover. oh and glor i would like to help you but i cant draw very well, i am good in drawing models like a house or a bridge but not in things like trees, animanls, ground etc., i have learned to draw some architectal structures, but thats all.

but if you need ideas or something then i would liek to help you.[/quote]

Care to post some of your architectural work?

I am willing to work on any of this

Glor you have already seen my work just let me know

i want to draw alot of the buildings are rooms and such

many many ideas for buildings already here that i can add rooms to those doors that you cant get into for anything

yep that's me count me in :yahoo:;)