Personality VS Realism

Muratus del Mur

[quote name='wynken vanaril' post='16438' date='Sep 11 2008, 03:13 PM']You claim that reality is a function of the perception of the majority. That notion is actually a logical fallacy, argumentum ad populam.[/quote]

actually even scientists are wondering about that too.
One of the most amazing things is that we seem to be changing 'reality' just by observing.
In quantum mechanics an electron can be both particle or wave. only by being observed the waveform collapses into a particle.
The quantum world is full of 'magic', particles being at 2 places at the same time, disappearing at one point and reappearing at another at the same instant. communicating with each other at speeds faster then light.. and many more strange things like that.

It hard to find understandable explanations if your not a scientist..
If interested look for
Thomas Young or Richard Feynman
the experiment is called the "Two Slit Experiment." or "double slit experiment"
That's a weird one, but the experiment is easy to follow.

I always thought realism was looking at all the positives and negatives that can affect the situation. Whether you want to face up to them or not, like stripping away the rose coloured glasses.

And with personality, i thought it was who ur r as person. For instance on some things i am a stagnator whereas others i am a go getter. It just depends on how much i am feeling.

If that makes any sense lol

" At least half of his decisions he is reacting like an idiot: I mean he change his position on the market because his backpain starts."
About George Soros quoting his son.

"It is true that I get info from my back pain and others somatic signals, but all I do is perfectly logic according to my theory"
George soros reply

When I saw that I thought: Gush, this is deep! Still dumb now.

[quote name='Morrel' post='16703' date='Sep 14 2008, 08:01 PM']actually even scientists are wondering about that too.
One of the most amazing things is that we seem to be changing 'reality' just by observing.
In quantum mechanics an electron can be both particle or wave. only by being observed the waveform collapses into a particle.
The quantum world is full of 'magic', particles being at 2 places at the same time, disappearing at one point and reappearing at another at the same instant. communicating with each other at speeds faster then light.. and many more strange things like that.

It hard to find understandable explanations if your not a scientist..
If interested look for
Thomas Young or Richard Feynman
the experiment is called the "Two Slit Experiment." or "double slit experiment"
That's a weird one, but the experiment is easy to follow.[/quote]
You're talking about a photon, and it's referred to as particle duality. Basically, light has the properties of both a particle and a wave, but just because we don't understand something fully does not mean that it's magic.

[quote name='King Manu' post='16225' date='Sep 9 2008, 04:28 AM']Personality means to view and act on things from your own point of view
Realism means to view and act on things from everybodys point of view

1. is that right? argument
2. - if so, how can you be a realist person with personality
- if not, how would you decribe personality and realism in just a few words like above

note: i might not have the right word for realism. what i mean is a person that tries to make things very very objective and according to the general perceived reality without beeing influenced by personal feelings and habits.

----
This is first School of Thought "lesson". I wont teach you anything, i will make you teach yourselves. Anyone is welcome to open new topics in similar manner if you feel you allready get the point on how this works. One reply per topic from each player would be ideal to keep thoughts list clear.[/quote]

1. I find that there is no real distinction between acting upon your own view and everyone's view. We are intelligent and social creatures, we do not act or think on our own point of view without thinking of other's. See it like this: If you are a social person who likes company and going out with friends, then your personality like's friends, and as you are friends, you probably like each other's point of view, which is going out with friends, lol. You dress and do all sorts of stuff together, even when you are alone, you would still think like this, because, your personality likes friends and their opinions. Your opinion and theirs eventually mutate into an intertwined relationship. Meaning that your personality's own view is to act upon the view's of everyone else. Yay bff's.. uh..
Anyway, one might say that the opposite might falsify my theory. Being that someone who wants to be alone and doesn't care about the world will not act upon everyone else's view. But you are wrong in that, because to be alone, you need to know the meaning of alone, and to know the meaning of that, you must have a tiny tidbit of knowledge of our crowded world. The fact that you first must learn about the world, even just a little, and then !judge! it to be not that very great, means you have learned a bit of everyone else's view. Because else you couldn't judge being with people as a bad thing. You see, your personality !reacts! upon the world, thus it reacts on view's of everyone else.
See it like a teenage emo rebel without a cause, who desires to be different, because his personality wants that. But, to be different, is to learn and react, thus act, upon everyone else's view, how else to know how to be different?

(I could write, like Gargant, tons about this stuff, with terms like pragmatism, empirism, goals and means towards it. I could talk about your character, innate and taught skills even traumatic experiences. I could go on for hours, making examples like sports teams etc, I will not, and not just because my personality is quite lazy, but because Mur said so ;) But the main point you have to see here, is that I am inclined to reach out for Freud's theory. You know, that there is an innate me, who was born that way, you have the outside world, that influences you, and eventually that will culminate into the real you, the outside world you. Meaning that I see personality as the 'outside world you' and realism as the 'outside world')

So..

[b]2.Personality is what kind of flower you are.
Realism is the sun, the rain and the ground you live in.[/b]

I hope people don't need an explanation of this, but I'll make it a short one, just to be sure.
Everyone is born different, some might look like each other (twins) some not at all, thus my flower metaphore.
The sun, rain and ground however are objective facts that represent objective facts happening in your life. The sun and rain and your ground, seeing as you are a flower, are things you cannot change but do influence you. In the metaphore, the sun and rain and ground, direct your growth, the way you grow, and basically decide for a part, how you will look like. You could have little rain and sun, and bad ground, as if you had lot's of bad luck in life, or had accidents or some such thing, all in all, you are still a flower of that kind. The opposite is true as well, see it as a thought experiment, what if your personality had a lot of sun and rain, and good ground? You would've flourished and would become a big, healthy flower. But you would still be a flower of the same kind.
And just as with plants, some do better with low rain, lots of sun and mediocre ground.. and.. I said this would be short no?
I'll quit now.. lol

• 2 months later...

I Think:
Not So; Personality is how you act in the world and thus influence the thoughts and actions of those around you.
Realism is when you make a decision based on the facts of the world, not the biased opinions of sentient beings.
No one can be completely realistic in there actions, but we can attempt to remove ourself from our own opinions in order to make decisions and analyze outcomes.

(wow, mine is so short compared to the others...)