Returned to GWI

death ray

I, Cobra Commander, was returned to GWI by way of Fyrd magic. Once there I did as normal, clicked the "door bell" collected a few scrap spirits. And was then just left with a "cloaked rider". I was stuck at that location, unable to move on further into the island. Got in touch with Fyrd, he then made it possible to move further in, but I have no access to go back to that location. Now This account started here on GWI it did have a map dock, however it is now gone. Fyrd again aided me with shards to create a second dock map. I did, and in chat it says I created one as it should. but still no map. So I tried a second time with the same results, chat noted I made and got it but I do not. Also at the arena I am unable to progress through the battles there if I wanted to leave, I don't plan too, just to note.

If I recall anything else I'll add an edit to this.

Edit, I think I lost my stats as well.

Edited by death ray
Something else

If you've got 300 active days, the arena combat way of exiting is not open.

We did make some changes about a year ago to the keys you get along the way, to fix other problems, and perhaps others before my time.  The map is probably a 1-time pickup.  I can help further by having a TestPilot alt give you their copy of the map.  (probably later today)

To recap - the arrows to leave the beach were wonky and were fixed using introduction of a key, about a year and a half ago.  CC was older than this, so did not have the key.  He no longer had 3 reality shards or the Gateway Island Dock Map (for whatever reason is buried in ancient history) so he couldn't leave the beach.

Giving him reality shards to make a new map did not help, as the map maker apparently will only let you make one map ever.

Hence, I gave him a map off one of my test alts.  He should be fine now.

However, any veteran MP5 going back to GWI without a Gateway Island Dock Map might have similar issues, about access to all spots.  If so, contact someone such as myself that can remedy the situation.

Hi, I saw the conversation on this on discord and Im guessing someone seeing my account idle on Castaways Landing was pretty much the start of that. Im essentially having a similar issue as is described in the early steps of this post. The difference being that I did not yet reach out to anyone about this. Im a returning player, but I have no knowledge of playing in the past. I came back after being notified that my email and pw were in the recent databreach, mostly to check what information the game has about me. I stayed a bit to try to play, but similar to earlier in this thread I ended up with just a cloaked rider after a while. I joined the discord and today i noticed I had access to the confirmed member channels where I noticed the request to get this posted on the forums.

• Root Admin
On 8/6/2023 at 6:54 PM, Fyrd Argentus said:

To recap - the arrows to leave the beach were wonky and were fixed using introduction of a key, about a year and a half ago.  CC was older than this, so did not have the key.  He no longer had 3 reality shards or the Gateway Island Dock Map (for whatever reason is buried in ancient history) so he couldn't leave the beach.

Giving him reality shards to make a new map did not help, as the map maker apparently will only let you make one map ever.

Hence, I gave him a map off one of my test alts.  He should be fine now.

Unfortunately thats not true and I believed there wasn't an issue.

It turns out that there was a bug in giveitems and it was not working. Unfortunately I read this and assumed it was correct so didn't investigate further.

11 hours ago, Maglor Nolatari said:

Hi, I saw the conversation on this on discord and Im guessing someone seeing my account idle on Castaways Landing was pretty much the start of that. Im essentially having a similar issue as is described in the early steps of this post. The difference being that I did not yet reach out to anyone about this. Im a returning player, but I have no knowledge of playing in the past. I came back after being notified that my email and pw were in the recent databreach, mostly to check what information the game has about me. I stayed a bit to try to play, but similar to earlier in this thread I ended up with just a cloaked rider after a while. I joined the discord and today i noticed I had access to the confirmed member channels where I noticed the request to get this posted on the forums.

If you reload the page you should be able to click the right boxes and get the shards now, I have reset your account keys :)