Gifting Credits

Kragel

I have Been ask by one of my adepts how someone could buy credits as a gift for someone in the game

as i have looked and can not see any way to make this happen so far i would like to request that it could be added

2 ways that this could be done with little coding would be

a: have a box when buying credits that has the players name in it and it could be changed to any other player name for the purpose of making the (gift)

b: make a button in the MD shop that says something to the effect of "Give the Gift of Support" where in the player could click on the button and then choose the amount they wish to gift and the person the gift is for

the reason this would be good for the game is

it lets people with extra resources help those who they would like to help
or those who perhaps cant afford to support but would like to access the MD items

this allows added support for the games bandwidth and growth

again this is

my 2 c

Kragel

The Metal Mage

You know, there are many games that enforce this type of reward system.

The ability to share your credits allows for a multitude of reward style systems: Good RP, Puzzle Solving, Helping Solve Quests... all of this player run and capable of being shared quickly. Credits and the opportunities they provide add a great deal of encouragement to players.

The area of abuse, making multiple accounts to do the "Free credits" of voting are minimal damage causers. even this could be mitigated by only allowing so many credits changed over at a time or per day, if the feeling of such a threat was high.

Ultimately, I assume the difficulty truly lies in coding it...

Playing devils advocate here :P

What if a real Richy Rich player comes and gives money for: making one player his/her adept, receiving the solution for quests/riddles/etc, pays another player to kill another one etc, etc?

Yes, there is a way to give credits to someone else: PM the GM and ask him (Shoeps don't shoot me!). I did this some time ago. But I know that is not a long time solution.

[quote name='dst' post='18491' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:46 PM']Playing devils advocate here :)

What if a real Richy Rich player comes and gives money for: making one player his/her adept, receiving the solution for quests/riddles/etc, pays another player to kill another one etc, etc?[/quote]

then mur will became rich?? :D:P :lol: :(

Personally i have never been a fan of multi accounts but they are a part of this game at least for now

so i would suggest for credit gifting it could not be done with other accounts you have

you can not give yourself credits ..

this might not seem fair to some but i think it makes since and helps people to develop one stronger main profile they will play to be stronger in the game

also i don't think your multi accounts should be able to adept to your main or worship your main

again just

My 2 c

Kragel

The Metal Mage

• 1 month later...

I fully support this idea. Alas, I even joined solely to show my support for this idea. I think it would be a wonderful thing if you could give credits as gifts to your friends, or those less fortunate. I'm a big giver, especially this time of the year, and it's definitely something I would love to see before Christmas time roles around.

[quote name='Je Suis Oeufs Fous' post='20039' date='Nov 16 2008, 01:50 PM']I fully support this idea. Alas, I even joined solely to show my support for this idea. I think it would be a wonderful thing if you could give credits as gifts to your friends, or those less fortunate. I'm a big giver, especially this time of the year, and it's definitely something [b]I would love to see before Christmas time roles around.
[/b][/quote]

[b]GREAT IDEA!!![/b] Eggos if this could be done in time for the holidays i think a lot of people would embrace it! :yahoo:

Maybe Murtaus and Shoeps can give us their feedback on the topic :clapping::))

Im greedy so i dont like the idea:P

Sorry guys:) Id rather the idea was more like...a gift when a quest is done or something...you got to earn your credit.

The reason i dont agree is:
I got 50adepts and i dont want them all beging me for credit
Im greedy
I like a challenge to gain something
Nothing is free:)

MR-6

Just one think though, I think it should be strictly purchasing for someone, not transferring for someone else what you already have in your current character. That would make everyone make lots of multis to farm free credits to give to their main. While I am using strictly free credits as well, the free $s are a real bonus that helps everyone, and it is already very generous for Manu to give it to everyone. I'd hate to see it get abused and become a blunder that suddenly diminishes the amount of credits purchased (which in turn is used to support this game's development and maintenance).

Donating credits to people i dont mind, but a system that is SPECIFICALLY aimed to give your adepts or players your credit...i dont agree on as reason stated above. People will just follow you around beging once they find out you give credits out.

I agree to what shoeps says, if you want to give credits ask shoeps to take yours away and give it over. I dont want a system that encourges it...:/

yes just a simple button you can click on that says to buy a gift of credits for someone click >here<

then you click and it says please enter the exact name of the player you wise to buy credits for

you enter XXxYX or maybe the name and uid 001234

then the amount from 5 to 100 credits and click ok

then confirm the name and or name and uid and =@ BOOM =@ there ya go
instant credits for anyone you wish your adept the guy or gal you are crushing or the new player who impressed you with something whatever the case may be

and Thank you Shoeps for the support

well Thank everyone for the support in this :yahoo:

• 3 months later...

simple bump

this idea had a lot of support before and since we cant transfer credits anymore through shoeps maybe some more love could get mur to take a closer look at it since it would allow others to support the game by using credits as rewards and gifts

You could do this. But Mur wont allow it anymore.
Look in the announcements.

Here:
[2008-12-21 01:41:01 - Alpha 8]
Credit transfers between player accounts are not allowed for a while. Please do not request such a thing for the next period, your request will be ignored. Thank you for understanding.

What if we're not talking about credit transfer but actually buying them for another player? For one it would prevent free credits on alts. As a second people wouldn't really dare ask other people to pay them for them... (or atleast I wouldn't) since you know it's paid with real money just for you. The only problem that's left is the rich player bribing everyone, but they could actually just give people money instead of credits (I know accepting money is one worse than credits but still) so in the end there is no way of preventing this.

Just my 2 cents, tried to stay objective in outlining it...