quest reward

sanguinious

the aim of this game is to be unique ,so the creatures should be unique to,i was thinking that as a quest reward from some RPCs, or maybe even a wishpoint offer,a personal design of the creature you want, stats and description will be made by you, and like a avatar shop format of the image you want.

this will be single evolution level and a limit of two attack/defence types, three target selection slots will be permitted but not the "all" selection.

this is a Hate it or love it idea.
thankyou for your time

i definitely love it, but i think that it would not increase the "uniqueness"...
after all, most players would take strong damagers to raise other critters, only very few would choose another option, and of course everyone would take the highest stat they can get...
after all, that would lead to hundreds of different pics for the same creature with, let's say, 200 damage multiple, 50 def and 15 init (just numbers, didn't really think trough it all the way xD)

but i would love it anyway, even facing the fact that my special critter would look like a kindergarden-picture xD

i was thinking adding a stats limit, 150 stats to share out between yours crits, and a base VIT of 1500, but lowering your stats limit by 10 will give additional VIT so every 10 points you give up 100 VIT is added and vice versa.

to counter peaple haveing huge damage on multipul, i just say you made a waste of a oppertunity because the Knator warmaster is twice that effective

it is, but i was thinking about mp3s here... personally, i would get myself a critter with regen multi and insane vitality^^
but if you give mp3 the opportunity to make any creature the want, it's going to be a stupid war machine, even when grasans are quite good for that, the will always need another one...

they just don't care for regeners, healers or steal life-critters, because the simple damage dealer is the one who decides the outcome of the fight in mp3, and if that damager has some init of about 10, it will kill three enemies with first strike, deciding the battles all alone...and taking the fun out of it...=(

i don't say it should be too easy, i'd even say it should be very hard, but i won't say that mp5 are better than mp3 when it comes to solving riddles, either ;-)
if the quest for the custom creature was to be a riddle, every user in the whole world has about the same chances of solving it, and if it's a battle-quest, mp5 would have greater chances for sure, but i'm sure a mp3 who knows what he's doing can defeat wodin and maybe even dst if they have a rit that may not change for the whole quest-thingy...
plus, i don't think it's fair to exclude the freshmen from the fun =P

I might suggest going one beyond designing a creature and have a contest for an RPC/PWR position.

I would suggest GlorDamar be asked to draw the creature that the winner (and there should be only one) describes. Then the person can become the master of these creatures (like Alek) and decide who to distribute them too.

Maybe this is wishful thinking. And that contest would have to be very hard...

Awi

Should I comment on that, or should I not? :P
Anyways, that is a good suggestion, and is actually very possible.. As long as you are aware of how busy the artisans is. But a good and very possibly-implementable idea awi =)

that's an interesting idea awi, but it's far from what abbadun suggested...
but it sounds like a great idea to get new creatures into the game, maybe that should be combined with the idea about the 'legendary creatures' for each land^^
obviously, each player could only be master of one creature, so there could even be critters that easier available and such that are really tough to get...
i like the new idea as much as i like the old one, but that new is much easier to implement imo =D

Yes it was a bit off the wall. I forgot to include the part about the stats. I think the stats should not be determined by the person designing the creature, and instead by the creator or more likely the person with the book of all creatures (I am Bored). Maybe Mur should look over what he suggests though... A previously sealed page of I am Bored's book could open showing the new creature, including its stats, picture, and I think the winner of the contest should write the description.

However the stats should be out of the winner's hand, because frankly the winner will just want the best stats possible, while an outside force such as I am Bored will make a more reasonable suggestion.

Awi

Personally, I think the basic layout of the stats should be made by the designer, as the stats itself should reflect the nature of the creature's abilities. The adjustments, though, will be made by the creature development team (Eden, dst, dunno who else), as it has always been done.

I like the ideea and all but...where should we put the creatures description and WHO WILL DECIDE THE WINER?

Also i would like it better if every land will have only one creature with special abilities and maybe if it could be done CREATURE THAT CHANGE FOR OPOSITE LANDS (meaning, giving them a darker side if they come from necrovion or somthing like that).
This could be done now only to guilds members and later on to everyone who will be part of a land

I think it would be nice if everyone has access to it, not just guild members, though with the creator probably going to be its master, quests might be necessary before someone can get their hands on it.
Who decides the winner? Mur of course =D

Kids, kids, don't argue talking about the moon when you don't see the the dirt below your feet.

How can you even imagine about talking about new creatures when most players don't even know how to use these mur given creatures?

Learn to play with these creatures, play with them, use them in hundreds of configurations (different rituals) then say : "yea, i know pretty much, i want more".

After that, if you think that you are so good, then lets organize a new tournament : "0% tournament" and "lvl 1, 0% tournament".

If dst's grasan will still feel like a threat to you after that ... then you really are thick headed.

EDEN: can you organize the tournaments that I suggested (I don't think that more explanation is required about what they should be about).

In the mean time ... I will respond to any fight challenge just send me a PM.

you still didn't got it, didn't you?

There is no point in adding new creatures with high stats or new abilities. There are already too many creatures and people don't use them at the right capacity.

The only point in new creatures in to give me and others like me something to do : to collect them all and to learn more ways to kick your ass.

[quote name='No one' post='21677' date='Dec 10 2008, 05:47 PM']you still didn't got it, didn't you?

There is no point in adding new creatures with high stats or new abilities. There are already too many creatures and people don't use them at the right capacity.

The only point in new creatures in to give me and others like me something to do : to collect them all and to learn more ways to kick your ass.[/quote]

lol, u're already kicking my ass without new creatures =D
Anyways, it is not like any new one will comeout soon (other than the ones that were already going to be released, whose stats were made by Eden's team <weren't u on it too?>). The artisans are quite busy as they are right now (believe me, I've waited 6 months and it is still on progress, so I don't see any newly started creature projects to reach implementation phase sooner than 6 months), but I think it's okay for people to dream and imagine a bit, so when the time actually comes, MD would have a nice pool of ideas to draw from =)
It's not like we'll get it anytime soon, so people is going to have to get to know their current ones better if they want to survive, but then again, we can always invest ideas for the future of MD =)

No one, leave them to make their creatures. They will not be added soon or they will not be added ever. But this is a good source of inspiration. And who knows:maybe something really good will come out of this. Brainstorming is always good. Those ideas (creatures) could be constantly improved and in time they might become extremely good.