Poll to know if i can do a lecture on...you'll see

Muratus del Mur

Personal beliefs  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mums a Christan Dad ... well come to think of it i've never asked him... meh.
i was brought up a Christan think i has good morals or maybe i just have good parents

tho when you think about it how can any of those story's possibly be real .

i mean if i walk into a room and told everyone
i talk to a big invisible guy who can see everything, made the world,
and will send me to the gum drop Forrest when i die if i do as he tells me.
they'd lock me up

yup its safe to say im a Atheist
and believe(read as 60% certain) in the teachings of charles darwin

but as long as it says out of the schools and off my door step. you can worship god, budda, satian, you can even shave your head put on a orange robe and join a suicide cult.
i don't really care.
[attachment=623:20061210.gif][attachment=624:20060730.gif]
[attachment=627:20070307.gif]

I was born Orthodox and baptized as one. Yet I am not... I do not not know if God really exists (probably never find out) but either he does or he doesn't I do not believe in him.

I have found myself searching all the religions, all the myths and speculations. I do believe in angels which is kinda ironic but I like the idea. As for dragons don't know if they really existed but it would be really nice if they did.

Each person has a right to believe whatever he/she wants. Nobody can force us to believe in something. But I do advise people to search other religions, not to convert to them but to open their minds a little and see what other possibilities other religions give and the philosophies they have.

I know that all human beings feel the need to believe into a higher power, to have faith and stuff like that. I don't believe in any God but I am openminded to everything.

Guess I'll toss in my two cents.

I'm...more or less agnostic. I acknowledge the idea of a Divine Entity, and I respect all beliefs, religious or otherwise. However, I don't align myself to any of the particular major religions (except for maybe Buddhism because of my heritage, but regardless...) because of the high levels of hypocrisy, elitism, intolerance, and other flaws that comes with organized religious worship.

As for the question regarding magic, I, personally, like to indulge in the belief that it exists. And I'll expand this to the question about dragons (and other mythological creatures in general). Despite all the science and math I study everyday, I don't think facts and figures are all there is to life. There's a certain mystique to the world that is so appealing because we don't understand it. And one can't deny that charm.
Hundreds and thousands of years ago, the moon is so facisnating because of all the mystery surrounding it. Even now, when I look out the window at a full moon, I can't take my eyes away from the beauty. Sure, I know the science behind its light, its orbit, its terrain, etc. But regardless, I still admire it because the moon still has that wonderful, charming mystique about it. Probably because of its role in legends, myths, and works of literature.
In any case, my point is that the idea that sometimes, despite all the technology and science we have, you can still believe in magic and mythological creatures. Not because they explain things that we can't, but because believing in something of fantasy and mystery makes life more beautiful. I mean, how miserable of an existance it would be if you went around thinking that the moon is just a lump of rock that's trapped in the Earth's gravitational fields; stars are pockets of burning gas in outer space; clouds are only water vapor; dreams and thoughts are signals between neurons in the brain; and love is just an instinctive need for a mate and proliferation? And so on...

For the last question, while I don't necessarily broadcast my beliefs on a microphone, I don't really hide them either. If someone asks me, I tell them. If not, I don't mention it. Most of my friends have been open-minded people, so I haven't had a need to change my beliefs in order to fit in with the crowd. However, in the case of this one classmate of mine, I do have to becareful of my words. She is extremely religious, and while she's not completely unreasonable, I try to keep conversations away from religions so that she doesn't get upset by my opinions.

So...yeah. There you have it.
btw...can you tell that I'm a legend junky even outside of MD? xD
It's such an unhealthy love...even bordering on obsession...>>;

Oh, and concluding thoughts on the dragon question: if I believe nothing else, I whole-heartedly believe that dragons exist. Not necessarily in the form of the Western Dragon (scaly lizard of flaming teeth and claws), but in the Eastern one. Eastern Dragons can take the form of spirits or energy that are generally benevolent in nature. They cause and control the natural phenomenons we see. =)

Much like Saki, I don't have a religion exactly. I usually don't bring up my own beliefs unless someone asks me (which is rather rare since I tend to keep myself invisible). I used to go to bible study, but only because I was curious and they had food. *grins* My parents are christian, but they don't believe in going to church, which I'm very thankful for. Unlike me, my brother embraced Christianity and goes to church every Sunday at his friends church.

As for magic, I have bought a grimore at one point, but like I always do I got distracted and forgot about it for a long while. I've never tried any "spells" as I have the sense not to tempt fate. I've tried meditating, but I have a hard time concentrating. However, I do believe in the affects of thinking positively, thus I'm usually found smiling or laughing.

My most-used username has been Soardra, a combination of Soaring Dragon. It's very unique so any hits you get if you google it will more often than not be of me. In my opinion dragons may have existed in their true form long ago, but now they probably only exist in human form. Unlike Saki I prefer western dragons to eastern.

Hmm.. Me and religion...
Where my beliefs stand, I don't exactly think they have a classification for it. Much like Sandra, I often keep my thoughts to myself.
I was raised Christian, and later lived in communes, meditated at Buddist pagodas, and dined with Krishnas. I've studied as deeply as possible into what little there is to know about Finnish Mythology (my given name is the same as one deity), and I wear an Ankh that never looses contact with my flesh. I taught myself to read palms and tried to understand Tarot. I've educated myself in things unknown to most of this world, but out of my own fears causing reservations about it, I never practiced any of it. My core belief is that we are here and interact with those we do for a reason, whether it be to save their life, or teach them a trade they can build their life upon, as well as recieving the same. If there is a label for an educated fool with a purpose, that'll be me.