Amoran's Dream

Ren

All is dark at first.

She can hear her own breathing. She can feel a faint breeze. She attempts to move but her limbs do not respond. The breeze becomes a gentle wind, carrying the scent of earth and fresh rain. A shape begins to distinguish itself before her: tall, strong, ancient. She gazes on it and sees familiarity: braches reach up in to the sky and root dig deep within the land. There is a rush of wind and she closes her eyes.

When she opens them again, Amoran finds herself standing before the Oak Fort in the middle of a great field, surrounded by tall grasses and flowering plants. The sun is bright and cheerful in the blue sky, warming her, the ground, and the air. She feels at peace here; she feels at ease.

A sound from the other side of the tree draws Amoran’s attention. She walks around to the side to see a woman, dressed in full armor, on one knee and panting heavily. Amoran moves forward to offer help, but the woman stands and squares her shoulders. Amoran smiles at the woman before her who is similar in appearance, yet with slightly darker and harder features. “Greetings, Kalamanira Kol,” Amoran offers with a smile. Her greeting is returned with a steely gaze.

“Why have you brought me here, Amoran? Why did you bring me to such a place?”
“Do you not like it, Kalamanira? Is it not beautiful?”

Kalamanira narrows her eyes and glares at Amoran. “You have a strange sense of beauty, ‘sister.’ This place is full of pain, of battle, of death.”

Amoran laughs a moment then stops when she realizes that Kalamanira is serious. “What do you mean? There is nothing but peace and…” She stops as Kalamanira steps toward her and hisses.
“This is a battlefield, Amoran! Can you not hear the screams and moans of the dying? Do you not smell burning flesh, the blood spilled upon the ground?” Amoran looks at Kalamanira in confusion, slowly shaking her head. “This place is dark!”

“But…” is all she can say when the wind picks up again, cold and biting. The wind blows strong, kicking up bits of dirt which sting Amoran’s face and hands. She turns her back to the wind and keeps her head down. She no longer feels the warmth of the sun or of the earth. When she looks down, the earth is pale and cracked. She lifts her head to see the verdant plain fade to be replaced with the battlefield Kalamanira spoke of. The sky has paled and the sun is a cool mockery of what it was before. Sunddenly, her senses are assaulted by the stench of burning and death. Amoran is overwhelmed, dropping to her knees and retching.

When she stands again, Kalamanira is standing before her with the same look as before. Amoran looks around at the wasteland battlefield. She turns to look behind her and gasps. The Accursed Growth now stands where the Oak Fort was just moments before. “Kalamanira… the plain… the Oak Fort… What is happening?”

“Does it matter, Amoran? There is no beauty here, no peace. There is only struggle here. The strong survive and the weak perish – the way it has always been for us, for our people, and for all living things.” A Kalamanira’s eyes flash and she moves toward Amoran.

“I am the strong one, Amoran. I am the warrior. You are nothing; you are weak. I am tired of having to share this life with you, this mind and soul. I will conquer you here and I will be whole again!”
Amoran shrinks away from the coming attack and dodges at just the right moment to avoid being split upon Kalamanira’s blade. [i]This is it![/i] she thinks to herself. [i]This is my trial! But… what do I do?[/i]

What do you think Amoran should do? Your words will affect this player, so think and speak carefully.

There are two obvious things that she can do:
1. Fight. We all know brute strength isn't everything and might work out. But because of that might I don't like the idea.

2. She can try and convince sister that life is about balance. That the battlefield on which they are on is opposite of far more beautiful and peaceful place thank this. And that they also can't live with one of them dead. For one of them would always be sorry for her sister and would be doomed to sadness etc.

P.S.:She also needs to dodge her sister attacks while trying to do 2nd choice until they can result to normal conversation. Or after it to choice number 1 that might have really bad results.

Just my 2 cents
Try opposing my ideas etc we don't want anyone to get hurt ^_^

Kalamanira is Amoran's dark side, if you try to fight darkness with darkness the greater darkness will win, even if amoran wins the fight she will have become like kalamanira, the answer would be to not to fight her because you can never really win a fight against yourself just embrace her figurely speaking at least

she could try explaining that war can be beautiful in that in war people set aside there own hopes and dreams to fight and maybe even die for the sake of other people's dream and a greater cause maybe even people the hate and maybe afterward if Kalamanira doesn't stop, the same and give up her hopes and dreams for Kalamanira's, thpugh this route may not end well and I am rather fond of having Amoran around

or

she could try explaining that being strong in battle is not the same as being strong in life not even close, and that even if Kalamanira does win she may not become whole instead she may find herself forever missing a peice of heself and that if amoran fights her and wins the same may happen

Perhaps she should try and show K.K. that the world isnt filled with only bad things, and that the bad comes with good just like the good comes with the bad.

perhaps do something to bring the two of them closer together?

i dunno ^_^

I'd like to bring in a new idea: Amoran could flee and wait for KK to calm down a bit, and ask for some help on that matter.

I don't think that fighting is a good solution, as some posts have already elaborated, but convincing KK might end bad, too, simply because KK seems to think that she is WAY stronger than Amoran and won't listen to her, but turn her reasons down as a weaklings struggle for surviving and kill her anyway to show that she is right and Amoran is wrong.

So i'd suggest that Amoran flees her sister and gets help from someone really strong, maybe ren, who helped her in AL up to now, who can fend off KK for some time so Amoran has a chance to talk to KK without the constant fear of being stabbed^^

Facing your dark side is a heroic and cool thing to do (anybody here knowing the Legend of Zelda? ^_^), but it ends bad if you are not strong enough to kick your shadow's butt...
I don't suggest that Kala is dark and Amoran bright, of course, but Kala is the one who seeks combat, while Amoran avoids it at most times, so, together with the assumption that Kala brought them to the Accursed Growth (which must not necessarily be true, maybe Amoran went there, dizzy as she was, she might well have mistaken necro and lore and just dreamed to be in loreroot while she actually went through outer Necrovion...), i think we can call kala the 'darker side' for the time being^^

I'd further suggest that Amoran should not only talk about how sad Kala would be if she killed her, but also tell Kala that she is a part of her and that she might become a mindless battle machine if she got rid of Amoran by slaying her, like back then with Khalazdad, who needed his bright side to become the Balanced, so she might have a good chance if she told her sister that it would be against all her selfish reasons to kill a part of her

I hope that makes sense and helps people to come out of this unharmed^^

I think fighting or talking will both end in ruin. How can you win an argument with yourself? Also, how can you fight yourself without ending in ruin? To destroy Amoran or Kalamanira is to destroy both.

Instead, Amoran must be the picture of humbleness, just as Kalamanira is the epitome of aggression. Kalamanira will strick at Amoran, but the strength and courage of Amoran in the face of danger will overwhelm Kalamanira.

How must you fight hate? With love. How must you fight fire? With water. So too must you fight aggression with peace.

What will probably be the outcome is a binding of the two entities, and they will be one being.

Or perhaps one will win, only Amoran/Kalamanira can know.

Awi

If you talk balance...
Then, if Amoran is the light side, and KK is the dark side, then maybe Amoran should mimic KK's aggressive nature, as the law of balance will require that KK then mimic Amoran's peaceful nature.

The logic is since they are one entity, and the sum of Amoran and KK must always equal her complete self, then when amoran is drawn into aggression, then KK will have to balance it by moving into peace, thus drawing the two into being more similar with each other, and eventually, when they both become the same, they will both become one once again, with their true personality, the sum of both Amoran and KK's personality.

The problem with that is that it leads to a confrontation.

For example, since we speak of Balance, an easy example is the Shades and Wodin. When Wodin got stronger and started attacking, so did the Shades. If Wodin had stopped attacking, so would the Shades.

But this is different, Amoran and Kalamanira are two pieces of a whole, not two pieces of a system, and so there are different rules.

Amoran must be what Kalamanira is not, in order to be whole. Therefore Amoran must be humble, nonaggressive, and kind, things she already is.

But more so, she must be these things in the face of herself, and only then can she win.

Awi

[quote name='awiiya' post='23243' date='Jan 2 2009, 04:44 AM']I think fighting or talking will both end in ruin. How can you win an argument with yourself? Also, how can you fight yourself without ending in ruin? To destroy Amoran or Kalamanira is to destroy both.

Instead, Amoran must be the picture of humbleness, just as Kalamanira is the epitome of aggression. Kalamanira will strick at Amoran, but the strength and courage of Amoran in the face of danger will overwhelm Kalamanira.

How must you fight hate? With love. How must you fight fire? With water. So too must you fight aggression with peace.

What will probably be the outcome is a binding of the two entities, and they will be one being.

Or perhaps one will win, only Amoran/Kalamanira can know.

Awi[/quote]

I agree 100%.

I'd actually say it does not need to be that Amoran is the opposite of K.K.

If you ask me, it's like one being with split personalities. The idea to solve it? Either get both to work together or fuse them into a new person.

Since I deem the latter unlikely, my advice would be this: Make K.K. recognize Amoran, showing she is not weak, only different. This would be by defending against the assaults while not really striking back, because that goes against Amoran's personality and it would be disastrous if it were to hit.

If K.K. recognizes that Amoran is strong in her own way she will be able to lend her strength, so that both can work on future things together.

[quote name='awiiya' post='23250' date='Jan 2 2009, 11:39 PM']The problem with that is that it leads to a confrontation.

For example, since we speak of Balance, an easy example is the Shades and Wodin. When Wodin got stronger and started attacking, so did the Shades. If Wodin had stopped attacking, so would the Shades.

But this is different, Amoran and Kalamanira are two pieces of a whole, not two pieces of a system, and so there are different rules.

Amoran must be what Kalamanira is not, in order to be whole. Therefore Amoran must be humble, nonaggressive, and kind, things she already is.

But more so, she must be these things in the face of herself, and only then can she win.

Awi[/quote]
Actually, I think that being two pieces of a whole is what makes the balance mirror rule apply even more. From my point of view, they are two pieces of a whole, which means that there is the original personality. The original personality is split into two, with some parts going to KK and the other going into Amoran.
So this is my theory : let's take an example of one personality. Let's say that the original is 100% impartial to cookies, and gives them a score of 0 (not positive, not negative). If KK loves cookies, and rates them as +8, then Amoran would have to hate cookies and rate them as -8, because the sum of them must equal the original's personality. If the Original rated cookies as +2, and KK rated +8, then Amoran would have to rate it as -6.
Now, with this example(with the 0 original taste), then Amoran would have to try rating cookies as closely to 0, say, -1, then KK would have to change her rating to +1. because their sum must always equal the original's 0. This would make them more similar to each other, and reduce the urge for each other to fight. If Amoran manages to change her rating to 0, then KK would also revert to 0, and since they are then the same, they can become whole again.
The point with my theory is, the more Amoran tries to embrace her other self and become like KK, the more KK would have to embrace Amoran's self and become like Amoran, up to the point where they become finally alike; the Original Amoran Kalamanira Kol.

That may be, but it requires a great effort to fuse the two, if that is even possible.

If one asks me the dream shows that the two have split in a way which makes it almost impossible to get them together again: I'd think of the example of Khalazdad. The dream shows two views, perhaps the same place or two different ones. What is showing however is that Amoran got dragged in by K.K., while she had her own vision.

It would require effort which dos not exist yet. the two different visions indicate that they are seperate, different. Now when both recognize each other and work together instead of when they fight each other the sum becomes something greater, perhaps even greater than the original.

I apply to the sense that 1+1 does not always mean 2, but perhaps 3, or even more.

Notably, I have little to add. This means a lot to me, and perhaps to you also - that you have no need of my wisdom or counsel in this matter.

I would suggest only that the two rely on their instincts after taking counsel, because what happens inside the self is not amenable to logical process.

K

wouldn't just avoiding kk be the best thing because she would be turning down her dark side.... but because everyone has light and dark in them wouldn't joining with kk totally be the best option because there would be balence in her soul and would have a clear head no matter what is happening..... but which would it be....

[center]i personally like both sides, so i would prefer if they both remained alive, if not joined again

...when ever i think of this whole situation though i can hear the song "so happy together" and it makes it really weird...

anyhow if Amoran had some way of asking for help, that is not a bad option, either

~Cryxus~[/center]

if she does that Blaze ad it goes bad I'm sorry but I have to fed you to something large and very mean, I'm rather fond of have amoran around, and Kalaminara Kol hasn't done anything to annoy me, I pefer if nether of them died, fusion may be hard on them but it wouldn't be too bad and who knows maybe they will just keep on as they are, but really dieing is a bad idea, for ether of them and on the help subjecty I would love to help her, but this test is for her no one else

Amoran should use the principles of time and imagination to project an imagined self back at the moment that Kalamanira first attacked. Instead of dodging the attack her imagined self will be impaled by it slowly walking forward as the blade bites deeper into her and gently resting her hands upon Kalamarnira's hands. With a calm resolute voice she should explain that violence is not the only means of conquering. Her body would then drop to the floor taking Kalamarnira's sword with it. Kalamarnira's sword would then become lodged in the ground and Amoran's body and blood surrounding the sword would become the roots of a tree that envelopes the sword. The tree would then drop seeds turning into a forest. Workers would then come and cut down the forest rebuilding the fort and restoring the initial scene.