Free Credits

Thesemar

It's not any of the following in the quote, right? A lot of times new players/people who have just started using free credits don't consider these things. There have been many topics saying the same thing and none of instances have yet proved to concern an actual bug. The quote is from one of those topics.

[quote name='Glaistig' post='15867' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:07 PM']Just checking.. did you have max VE [or VP] at the time? If you did, you may not have gained any because the timer reset, [as] when that happens any VE [or VP] over the max value disappears. Sometimes, you're not aware the timer reset because it lags and you have to refresh the interface to see the correct amount of time left to reset. Another thing is that the stats, including VE, only update when the bar on the golden circle under your stats reach 12 o'clock position--so [even] if the timer resets in that time, which is like eight seconds, you won't see the VE gain over max value before it disappears. Or it could be someone attacked you without you noticing?

Those are the explanations I can think of. If it's not any of those, it could be a bug. There's been multiple topics about it in the past month or so, although none of the players seem to say that the problem repeats so I tend to assume it was just one of the above possibilities.[/quote]

Do I really need to be the one who posts these things? -_- You, Liberty, aren't you LHO?

I was asking anyway, wasn't I? How do you expect me to keep everything straight, eh? All the names start to blur after a while. >_>

Who are you, Liberty? You sound familiar. Nevermind, though; this is a bug report topic. I'm sure there are some imaginary rules guarding it from off-topic derailment.

Well, I know the timer did not reset, for I start just after it reset in order to avoid that, and had around four or five minutes left. I also refreshed multiple times, in hope of getting that extra boost I need. My values were at max, as I was trying to exceed them, to level one of my creatures. And I was in a sanctuary so that no one would attacked me unawares. Which is why I posted it as a bug, because I couldn't think of what else might have gone wrong.

It has happened twice. I saw the timer, and when I went to my creature screen, I still had more than enough time left, but I had not gotten the extra points I needed, so I refreshed. And refreshed a few more times. I had given up before the time reset. I would prefer it was something I was doing wrong than it be a bug.

Well, the timer display can lag, so while it might show 4-5 min left it could actually have a value of 1 minute and reset while you're gathering credits. To make sure you have the accurate time after a while, especially with a slow connection, you need to refresh.

So whenever I wanted to gather credits, I would refresh first to see that I do have a good amount of time left, then gather-click, and then refresh again to see the bonus stats. Just assuming that what the timer says is true is dangerous!

Is that a possibility?

No, not really. I started gathering credits after the timer reset, so right around 9:50, and my internet connection is pretty good, and I refreshed multiple times in hopes of it showing up before the time ran out. It didn't reset while I was unaware.

:< Now I think you're not getting me.

I think this is what happened: you saw that you had some time left before the counter reset. Actually, the timer was lagging, so you had less time than what was shown on the timer. After clicking the links, the counter resets and all your extra VP and VE go away (but since your credits aren't temporary, they don't). You then refresh, and get the accurate time, but believe that the timer still hasn't reset yet. Continuing to refresh, you see no change.

Try refreshing to make sure you know the correct time til reset before you collect credits in the future, and if you still get the same problem, I suppose it really does have to be considered a bug.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...