Is MD Flat?

Is MD flat?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

flat as in 2 dimensional would be out since there are tunnels etc.
However a sphere isn't the only 3d object imaginable. It could be a disk ( carried by 4 elephants on a giant turtle if you like) or a giant Moebius strip... or maybe... a cube?

• Root Admin

when i saw this topic i was about to stop it and say directly that is FLAT. period. ...but..reading what you wrote here, i see there is an other option that md is not spherical but also not flat. Its not about guessing here. MD started out of that box, present now in one of the banners, and homepage. Gravity is because MD is not a world in itself but a world upon an other *read that with deeper meaning or simple as paper on a desk still has gravity even if its not spherical.*

So conclusion is that parts of md are indeed flat, the realms, but the ANGLE between each realm (each section of the box unfolded when the game started) make it have a irregular shape afterall, BUT NOT LIKE A PLANET. Its a map, a flat map, folded in some parts. It also has borders, and it can be all folded back together in a box, and a box is similar in shape with a cube.

In nature, a lot (from my point of view _all_) details , shapes, forms, laws of physics, etc, are there because they mimic things on a larger scale. Spirals for example are an obsessive shape that you can find allover from smoke to water, fire, wild life, art,...its just a mirror of what is going on on a much larger scale, look into the cosmos. On that principle, the cubes are in md world the thing that can hold things together and play a very important role in all whats going on in md, because md started initialy as a giant cube. ..yet the cubes are hard to find, almost impossible, because md has no longer the shape of a cube, now its flat.

I am not sure if i made any snse here, but some will understand it i am sure
interesting topic btw

Having read Mur's expose, my thoughts seem ... Anyway for what its worth, flat is relative and perceptive. The dualism of Flat v Sphere seems to preclude any other variation that may eventuate. We have a tendency towards the sphere because it is what we understand.

But the flat, or an unfolding of reality has a far more interesting eventuality. As a box unfolds will we ever see only one side of it, or are the edges rounded enough, to allow us to traverse to the other side? And if we do, does it have a material effect on the side we left? Water is obviously contained in our experience of the coast and lakes so it must go somewhere...

Is Necrovion a link to the other side of the box that we experience? And how do we move the unfoldingness of the box to make it accessable? I have not the answers, but in posing the questions trigger the search in me for the answers.

[quote name='King Manu' post='25080' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:02 PM']interesting topic btw[/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"]My thanks, King Manu...

From someone with your knowledge scope, that means a lot to me.
[/color]
[color="#8B0000"]An unfolding of reality, as Karak calls it, is probably the best description of my inital concept as I have come across so far.

But to know that others percieve what I did is the single most valuable piece of insight I have gained so far.

Thanks to those who have shared the reasons behind their votes...I look forward to the next set of reasons and explanations.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]A fascinating topic, (even if I do have to say so myself... :rolleyes: )[/color]

[quote name='Revan' post='25465' date='Feb 17 2009, 06:31 PM']Quick question: Does it matter if it is flat? It could be flat all it wants, but you still play, eh? Just -think- 'bout it![/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"]Of course it mattters... B)
Not in the way you mean - I am a confirmed addict and will not give up my character.

Nor would I stop playing it...

But in order to fully understand the world we play in, we must ask questions about it's nature.

I am of the Balance, and will always crave understanding. For me - this is about finding out what other people think, or don't think...

It is about discovering new possibilities and expanding my world-view of MD.[/color]

[color="#808000"]The point you have made is entirely valid, and I did think about it. But it still matters.[/color]