A discussion about a role

Shadowseeker

Stalker?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some of you may have noticed I recently got a tag:

Stalker

I took it humorous at first, and shrugged it off, then after some thought gave it as an alternative for my planned role. After some more thinking I think it's quite a fun role, and would like to hear everyone's opinion on it.

What do you guys/gals think? Should someone have that role, and should it be me who fills it out? [Poll]

Braiton at least think I should go for that...and he's actually the first I somehow "stalked" for his spelldoc. (At least he felt like being stalked.)

Would be really nice to hear some comments, not only votes.

That's my current idea for the role:

Stalker

Be wary of this person, he can stalk you until he ends it...by asking you a great favor or killing you. You cannot flee, since he will always appear where you sleep or run to. Get lucky and he may decide to target someone else.

Spells
(Which I do not have but would like to get)
Teleport to a person
(not a location, best if also working when that person is logged out)
Getting the location of someone
(since I doubt I really get a teleport)
Getting the chatlog of someone
Movelock
Let me move together with a person, no matter where he/she goes to. And even surpass the AP thingie perhaps, giving me negative values? Activated in the same map, although I still want the teleport and the others to have an active element.
Invisibility
(The real one, like Muratus del Mur used)

I think it would be fitted and it is a good role. But everything depends on how you'll play it. Stalking in way of any possible annoying certain player would be the bad way...

My opinion on matter for now...

I was there when you got the first tag { Akasha's stalker :blink: } and I found it very funny.

Now as to a simple stalker I still believe it would be nice to ~actually~ have one in game and act throught this role. There are others that kinda have the spells and all the others for it yet they do not act as stalkers at all.

Furthermore I believe you deserve it as well. It suits you nicely :)

Good luck with it.

P.S. Just don't stalk me. I tend to do bad things sometimes and I don't want witnesses. ;)

Hmm..seeing and eharing people's comments, here some further detailed information:

The Stalker should be considered somewhat of a player who can be annoying..he follows you and you cannot rid yourself of him. [Which some would surely like to see as revenge methods]

I'd only follow...but that itself can be nervewrecking, and since I can be quite chatty I'd reply to others and try to involve the target into chatting with me. Not attacking though or anything else.

The stalking would actually be role a role for information as well:
People could come to me and ask: Where is he and she? Is he/she online? Where do they rest?

I've been stalking some RPCs a bit before, that's how I got that tag. Braiton back in the Shade Ballance, Akasha recently (which earned me the tag) and Mur sometimes when I saw him and he had invisibility on...I couldn't resist, that's also where the image in my signature comes from.

I'd add some more stuff and alter my RP to a certain degree, if I would develop it.

Any further comments?

Well, the thing is this would continue with me staying where they are logged out..so if they get on again the first thing they see is me and my tracks. Or me idle, perhaps even on.

I wouldn't always stalk someone, only when a certain particular interest is reached, be it normal interest, annoyance or whatever.

EDIT:
Hearing some good advice I added another possible spell:
Movelock
Let me move together with a person, no matter where he/she goes to. And even surpass the AP thingie perhaps, giving me negative values? Activated in the same map, although I still want the teleport and the others to have an active element.

[it's up there as well now]

But I want active and passive parts, so one becomes a hunt where I do something and one where I wait.

[quote name='DarkPriestess' post='24977' date='Feb 9 2009, 02:41 PM']P.S. Just don't stalk me. I tend to do bad things sometimes and I don't want witnesses. :blink:[/quote]
This is what is sometimes called "a clear invitation to the dance."

Maybe you should wait with the spells? Perhaps you should just try and see how good at stalking you really are. And what other way to do it than the most elusive person around? The invisible, non-coordinates-showing-on-rpc-list, ever present and omniscient, mur :)

Actually I did stalk Mur a bit sometimes, but it was hard for me to find him when he was online. Why do you think he said my intuition was broken? I can locate him, and from that onwards I can notice if he uses a spell(trigger box) or moves...unless I run out of AP or goes to a secret place I have no problems in following.

I know you can but to do that you really must be dedicated to your work. I would grow tired of checking every time where he is or what he is doing :D. It was easier some time ago to do it. Now it's harder so for me the fun is gone :)

Well, that's true..I know where he is. Did anyone of you notice he was in Wind's sanc for rex's punishment?

But I have to admit that it is like dst said, that it is way harder now...but he is easier to track for me than somebody random, because I see him on the rpc list and don't need to check otherwise whether he's online or not.

Not to mention I can guess where he is as he generally stays in certain locations, and if he moves the target can be reduced to a few.

Anything else on the role or me perhaps or can I consider all main opinions to have been said?

• 1 month later...