Why not enter the Labirinth!

Treehill

[quote name='dst' post='27704' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:55 AM']No, it's not :P. I have submitted the solution 3 months ago and still no reward.[/quote]

I second that. Solved it sometime in december, mailed it and never got a reply.

[quote][2008-12-12 03:12:50 - Alpha 8]
Solving the broken pattern puzzle entitles you to a reward. Once you solve it email a screenshot and a _detailed_ explanation of how you did it (email will appear when you solve it). If that explanation is valid and fits the tracking on the server, and i have no doubt that YOU did it and not just copied someone else solution, you get a wish granted, a special wish that is. Trying to cheat the puzzle will lead to terrible consequences, using someone elses solution is considered also cheating. [b]If you solved it and email me and i dont reply, just insist later, i was probably to busy. I want all puzzle solvers rewarded because thats a special puzzle that very few can solve.[/b] This is not a new challenge, its just a reminder.[/quote]

:P

[quote name='apophys' post='27751' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:15 AM']I solved the Labyrinth and was not rewarded... :)

"First 50" seems a bit discriminatory against the few late solvers.
Not that I was slow, I woke up late.[/quote]From what I know, the "first 50" was determined based on the amount of time it took to finish from when you entered to when you reached the exit. I don't think it matters if you started late. It's the amount of time you took, not when you start.

I don't think the amount of time was one of the factors. I could not estimate how long it took me. Also it was not relevant since there were people like me who just did a few clicks then did something else and then returned to the clicks bla bla bla bla.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... If the labyrinth is re-opened and it still has the same exit, that'll kinda be a reward. Though I do hope it's not just a simple maze next time, maybe something that actually requires a trick to solve? Maybe riddles that have to be answered? A minataur to fight? Perhaps not allowing us to see how many times we've been to a location? Maybe not taking EP away when we go to a new place? (Yeah, that actually would make it harder.) Though if we had no way of knowing which way we entered a scene that wouldn't really seem fair... Also, the coordinates make it a bit easy. Of course you could just always turn left...

Eh, I'm just a hopeless dreamer. That would take a lot of extra code work.

the not displaying co-ords and location counter wouldnt be too much work, and the Minotaur thing, as long as the drawing is already done, i dont think would be either

the EP thing, probably would, although it depends how it works in the first place :))

the riddles and tricks would be harder to implement in, becaue you'd have to link them to specific scenes and then make it recognise your response and activate a key to allow you to pass, which is a lot of work

a fun, but also difficult to do thing, would be to have certain locations of the maze move around it, that probably doesnt make sense, but it does to me :)

• 1 month later...

depends how you view it, for instance, due to the rareness of my actually taking people off Golemus, people see it as a prison sometimes, when they end up there for over a week

as a note, something bad will happen to people who refer to Golemus as a prison