2nd creature idea

Ive been doing some research and for a marind bell creature it should be unique, a mix of evil and good until becoming one. Also some would like new powers for the game. So ive come up with this new creature which should hopefully meet standards. If not back to the drawing board.

Purchase requirements
vitality, 8000
valuepoints, 8000
action points ,50
explore points, 16

Energeticum
pic des: a ball of light
des: A strange creature one which you've never seen before. It seems like a ball of energy, but somehow you can sense what its feeling. You're not sure what it is and what it does but you wish to find out. It pulses with friendly energy and follows you around. It cant do much but who knows what it could with time.
atk 1
init 1
def 7
target= self
hp 200
damage: attack, regenerate
regen rating 5

Leveling requirements
age 4
won battles, 20
experiance,
vitality,5500
value points,6000
action points, 20
exploration points,2

Energeticum 2
pic des: larger ball and a slight facial feature on it. 2 short strands leave it like tentacles
des: The energy is stronger now, not only that but it is larger and it appears to have some kind of face inside it. You can just make it out whatever this means it can only be good. It struck you, the idea of this pulsing energy being an egg or cocoon. Surley that is the best way to protect yourself.
atk 10
init 1
def 13
target self
hp 450
damage: attack, regenerate
regen rating 6

Leveling requirements
age, +6
won battles,15
experiance, 13,000
vitality, 6000
value points, 7000
action points, 40
exploration points,2

Energeticum 3
pic des. A glowing man with no features
des: It no longer looks like a ball now. It has the shape of a man and makes low musical moans. It can almost commuincate with you and you can tell what it needs. It requires energy and power. So it has learnt from you and taught it self how to take what it needs by force. The creature has developed intelligent thought and hungers for knowledge.
atk 35
init 2
def 12
target wek crts, random
hp 600
damage: attack, steal life
power: 4

Leveling requirements
age, +8
won battles,23
experiance, 26,000
vitality,7000
value points,8000
action points, 60
exploration points,4

Loith
pic des: a flesh covered man with 2 horns curving round the back of his head.
des: No longer a being made of energy and power, the energeticum now posesses a physical form. It can talk to you now and it is eager to learn of this world. It will start by studieng the power of people. The way they think, act, fight and learn. The loith possesses little in the way of power but the knowledge it grants in invaluable. It is grateful to you for this chance will fight in battle for you.
atk 48
init 2
def 13
target: weak crts and random
hp 800
damge: attack or steal life
power: 6

Leveling requirements
age, +4
won battles, 39
experiance, 40,000
vitality, 19,000
value points, 10000
action points, 80
exploration points,5

Posterus
pic des: A body with slightly plated skin and two bones jutting out of his back. + same as above
des: He has learned of the harshness of this world now. He understands the powers that people possess and why they are strong. But something is missing. It is new to him and he is intrigeud. It is the discovery of emotions. The mind is a complex thing and this will take time and research. He wishes to pusue these next. Posterus is still adapting to his current environment, the savageness of battle has changed and his thirst for knowledge has lead to a thirst for power.
atk 70
init 3
def 14
target: weak, strong, random
hp 1000
damge: attack, infliction( new power, inflicts damge to creature over period of time. eg 2-3 turns)
power: 8
( i mean either use basic attack or new infliction ability)

Leveling requirements
age, +20
won battles, 50
experiance, 60,000
vitality, 11500
value points, 12000
action points, 87
exploration points, 6
NAME AT THIS LEVEL

Posterus 2
pic des: a plated body with 2 lage horn cuving on the back of his head. He has a tail and 2 bones sticking out of his back.
des: His body is now fully plated and is made of a mighty metal. He has discovered the influences and power emotions can give, now he uses them to his advantage to inflict more pain on to your enemies. He is loyal to you now and strides onto the battlefield in full confidence. He has a nature as savage as the shades but as faithful as the aramor. His infliction ability is stronger now, thanks to his research and savage battles. The world has changed him much you see it in his eyes. Perhaps it could change him a little more.
atk 120
init 3
def 15
target: weak, strong, random
hp 1400
damage: attack, infliction
power: 9

Leveling requirements
age, +10
won battles, 60
experiance, 100,000
vitality, 14700
value points, 14000
action points, 95
exploration points, 10

Helios
pic des: a new pair of crystaline wings on his back and body made up of spiked plates. with spikes on joints and shoulder. along with horns on head.
des. Now a pair of large powerful crystaline wings have grown on his back and grant him access to the skies. He is done growing now and his hands and feet are tipped with claws, his tail spiked, his thick plated skin all but impregnable. He creates chaos for his foes and now views you as no longer a master. Hes evolved from that he believes you are equal and he aids you. Few creatures wield the destructive power he now controls. He has learned the secrets of this world and of us, now he shows it in war. He can even pull the sun across the sky.
atk 155
init 5
def 18
target: weak, strong, random, self, Multiple
hp 1900
damge: attack, infliction
power: 10

(MAXED)

Formula for infliction- attack times power divided by 100. The power should have a max damage of 100.eg 155*10/100=16(15.5 i rounded up) so 16 damage added to one attack, next attack 32 will be added to damage. and so on till 100 where it will keep doing 100.

This is my idea. Please comment on areas you wish and fell free to criticise i will find it useful. I hope if this creature is made it wont be too hard to level as that is why he is not amazing.

Edited by llewop

i generally like new creatures and abilities, a few questions though:

level 1 and 2, [b]damage regenerate[/b]. do you mean the abilities damage and regenerate (would be strange since it targets itself) or the ability regenerate (which doesnt actually heal in combat, and thus makes no sense on a low level, low VE creature) also, regenerate uses regen stat, not attack.

level 3 and 4. [b]damage steal life[/b] / [b]damage attack steal life [/b] attack and steal life? if so, the creature needs both attack and power stat, if just steal life, it needs a power stat and no attack stat.

level 4 loith, [b]targt same[/b]. do you mean the same as level 3 (weak and random) or the same enemy target as the creature that attacked right before loiths turn? (the later would be pretty interesting, but probably hard to code)

level 5 -7, [b]damge infliction[/b] not sure if it should go with power or attack. anyway, i see a feew problems. one is that abilities that should work only for a few rounds (martirism and weaken def for example) will stack throughout the whole combat. second is: 5% of what damage? of the damage it would do when attacking normally? of the creatures total VE? the first would be pretty pointless, since it would do less total damage (3x 15%) than a normal attack. the later would be pretty powerful, but it wouldnt need an attack or power stat at all, if the % are fixed for each level.

dont get discouraged by my questions, it could just be me being too tired to understand ;P

obviously you wouldn't want to damage yourself, so that can't be meant... don't be stupid V =P

and ilewop has a habit of using spaces between totally different ideas instead of new lines, but still... one could understand that the creature can use both 'damage' and 'steal life'...

what i miss most is a 'power' value on the creatures, as steal life needs power :/

and the infliction... sounds like a form of poison to me, so if you asked me, it should be depending on attack and power-stat and limited to 100 per turn (considering that it stacks up til end of battle, idk if there really is a script that stops after an amount of rounds...)

like that: (example angel has 220 atk (155+some influence) and 20 power (XX plus influence), example defender has 20 def which doesn't help against infliction)
1. turn: angel attacks, deals 200 damage and inflicts the enemy with 20%, dealing 44 poison damage
2. turn: angel attacks, [inflict 20% persisting] deals 200 damage and inflicts the enemy with 20%, dealing 88 poison damage
3. turn: angel attacks, [inflict 20% persisting] deals 200 damage and inflicts the enemy with 20%, dealing 100 (not 132) poison damage

obviously, that's just my idea to that matter... and i like that one, too :P

[quote name='Burns' post='28079' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:01 PM']obviously you wouldn't want to damage yourself, so that can't be meant... don't be stupid V =P[/quote]

actually i can think of a lot of situations where i'd want to do damage to my own creatures, even without the beneficial return of for example martirism . the thing is that its strange to see such a strategically advanced tactic on a level 1 creature ;P

[quote name='Burns' post='28079' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:01 PM']and ilewop has a habit of using spaces between totally different ideas instead of new lines, but still... one could understand that the creature can use both 'damage' and 'steal life'...[/quote]
in that case /quote MRV: the creature needs both attack and power stat

regarding your idea for poison DoT, i definately like it! attack damage [b]plus[/b] DoT is pretty powerfull, so if you want the power stat to be a factor i would base the DoT completely on power (i.e. attatck damage based on attack stat + influence, DoT based on power stat plus influence). that way you could increase the stats at different upgrade steps and thus make for a more interesting creature growth.

don't you always give away good tactics on forums... i keep getting told off for doing so, and you straightout tell people that damaging yourself is the best one can do...
i need a book of things one can say and things one can not say openly -.-

anyways, B2T:

i was thinking about a limitation of infliction-power to 20% [like for the steal life] to make people farm both power and attack...
imo we also need a creature whose attacks base on luck or even trade sense so people stop farming only attack and def =D

yeah, maybe even limiting both attack (80% of stat?) and power (20 - 30%) OR giving erergetic immunity an actual meaning (besides protecting ally members from land damage, which is completely negated at ~100 anyway) and use the full power stat reduced by the defenders energetic immunity.
also, i second the idea of giving more use to other less used/useful stats.
some kind of "fokus of mind" ability to that inflicts damage equal to a random % (increasing range as creature levels?) of randomly selected profile stats (increasing number of stats as creature levels?) could be quite interesting too ;P

[quote name='Burns' post='28083' date='Apr 2 2009, 11:35 PM']to make people farm both power and attack...
imo we also need a creature whose attacks base on luck or even trade sense so people stop farming only attack and def =D[/quote]

You really want that? Hmm...maybe I should make my profile public again...

Burns has the got the idea i ment with infliction damage, and i like the limit of damage. As for spaces ive fixed that with new lines. A power rating seems interesting, somehow ive never noticed that before. Ill have to try and find an appropriate stats for it. If someone can explain it better i should be able to work out a number. Influence, whered he get it from?

On the loith i did mean the same targets as the energeticum 3. As for the stragegy on the lower lvels it wasnt intended but i see now it is a good thing, so i will make it continue. I will edit it to make it clearer.

Nex dont worry about discouraging me, your questions helped me.

it's easy, ilewop:
a creature that attacks with damage or weaken def needs an attack stat
a creature that uses magic tricks like steal life or heal will need a power stat
and a creature that uses regen will need a regen stat

normally, powers working for steal life are rather slim as that ability works on a percent-base, that means a stealer with power 5 will steal 5% of the enemies vitality, between 2 and 8 power is common, the toughest single-stealer has 16, if i remember correctly...
powers for healing go from 30 to 100 as far as i know, and they are working on a number-base, so a healer with power 50 won't heal 50% of the targets vit, but heal it with 50 vit-points

that much to power values

influence simply means the stats you pump into your creatures through pray-power, those stats add up on the basic stats of the creature^^

and you need a regen-stat for the first two level, too...
that's working on a %-base, too, so i guess between 5 and 15 would suit the first two level quite good^^

and for the infliction-ability, as long as you don't know how it should be working it's pointless to create stats for it, but if you want to stick with my idea, a power of 5-10 for the last level would sound fair...
that'd mean a DoT-increase of 8-15 per turn when uninfluenced...

oh, i just noticed that i forgot how my poison gets calculated:
attack-stat * power-stat (limited to 20)/100= Poison damage, with poison stacking up and limited to 100 at max

Are you saying attack stat times power stat divided by 100 will give me my poisen damge? I will check if this works. Id say it would work it gives 12 damge a turn stacking them up to 100. This is as Angelican without influence. I used a power stat of 8. I will make a table. Theyll be rounded

Angelican-attack 155
power 8=12
power 10=16
power 9=14

Posterus 2-attack 120
power 8=10
power 7=8
power 9=11

posterus-attack 70
power 8=6
power 9=6
power 7=5

Please come someone choose a level theyd like the power to be, for all 3. This is gonna be hard, need to find level that suits steal life and infliction. A regen stat will be needed. Once decided i will edit original with changes. At the mo im thinking for power go 7 for loith, then up one for the rest, post power 8, post 2 power 9 and angel power 10. O and power 6 for the energeticum 3.

Ive added regen values, powers added when decided on a value.

I have heard of the angiens, but i was under the inpression they were faceless, powerful beings of myth, and not creatures. I assumed they had there name because they were good guys, not winged angels. So what are the angiens? :( As for my idea i got it from something we did in RS, where some angel comes down and takes human form to learn about people, then he reatakes his true form and goes back to where he came from.

leveling requirements, sacrificing rewards and cost to buy would be added later.

Ps: strange was supposed to be the idea, as the stranger it is the more likely it is to be unique and unthought of before. :D

• 1 month later...

There i have added more thing to the creature hopefully that will do. It might need more changing if it does feel free to say. Im thinking of changing the name of the angelican to something. Please tell me or pm me in game ideas if you have any. All criticism is welcome.

• 1 month later...

The idea of limiting the infliction at 100 to keep it from spiraling out of control might be nice. After all we can't think of something the just keeps getting stronger every round with no limit... Of course if the critter is doing damage AND infliction (which ignores defense) then there's no need for it to spiral out of control I suppose. However, you have to ask yourself, would you really use this critter much?

Sure, the ignoring defense could be useful in some situations, but isn't it easier to throw their defense in to the negatives with a critter that can target all? One might argue that against someone who's defense is MUCH greater than yours this could be helpful, but if their defense is really THAT much greater than yours that weaken isn't a better option, you're going to lose the fight anyway. This guy is kind of a replacement for the Master Loorotian archer if I understand correctly that he damages a single critter AND inflicts them. Of course the infliction lasts even if he doesn't hit the critter again, but so does... Anywho, I can't see this replacing a critter that targets all. In the case where there is only one critter the question is (attack+max infliction)>(Loorootian archer's attack)? Cause if not, it's still worse than the archer.

This is of course assuming that I understand this all correctly.

nice bump, Guy ^^

such ideas too often get lost on the way...

and if you want to put it that way, i can think of only one kind of creatures which i use all the time.,.. the others are collectibles LOL

there are things you can do with such creatures, apart form collecting, which would be using them for RP-purposes, 0-influence fights, fights which don't allow certain creatures... the ways are uncountable...

or did you think we just want to use our precious critters to beat each other up? they are a part of ourself, and as such mean something deeper than skills and stats...

like, lots of archers might mean that person is rather strategic and distanced, Grasans might indicate brutality, knators wildness... etd.etc.

can you now see how combat-wise useless creatures fit into the game?

hmm well creats get stronger only by upgrading to the next level, its kinda sad that they dont get better stats just like players does while training them, if this was possible then those combat-wise useless creats would became useful and much more shown up what type of person someone is like burns said, if he uses knators he is wild, if grasans then he is brutal, etc, also it would be much better that creats are different from each other by theirs abilities and eventually targets, its kinda a waste to see 2 or more creats with same abilities and targets with stats being only thing that makes them different

Use critters for something other than beating on each other? That's blasphemy! I kinda just want more strategic critters in the game. Sure, this guy's got a cool idea, but I don't really want more critters added to the game purely for the sake of collecting. Also, I've never seen a critter used for RP, though I would love to see that implemented in some way. I guess I'm just too darn practical. As it is though, you could definitely keep the critter concept and change the numbers a bit to make it useful. For example, let the infliction snow ball, or let the max infliction damage be in some way related to stats (harder programming, I know, but it makes it more interesting).

I suppose I should have said that I love the concept, but there's no need to tweak those numbers to make it weaker. Perhaps have it target multiple or single? That'd be unique to my knowledge, but the multiple target may allow for greater use.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps for the poisen to add luck to it you could just add luck to the ifliction damage. eg Atk * Power / 100 + (luck / 2)

155*10/100*(200/2)= 115 extra damage. obviosly it will need some tweaking, but its just a base idea. Maybe increase limit of inflict to 150, 175 or 200. This way it will be more linked to stats and involve luck which you guys said you want a crt that will use luck so people farm that too. Of couse influence will change it as well. hmm inluence will take it way above max limit of inflict.

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='26 June 2009 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1246057936' post='35069']
Use critters for something other than beating on each other? That's blasphemy! I kinda just want more strategic critters in the game. Sure, this guy's got a cool idea, but I don't really want more critters added to the game purely for the sake of collecting. Also, I've never seen a critter used for RP, though I would love to see that implemented in some way. I guess I'm just too darn practical. As it is though, you could definitely keep the critter concept and change the numbers a bit to make it useful. For example, let the infliction snow ball, or let the max infliction damage be in some way related to stats (harder programming, I know, but it makes it more interesting).

I suppose I should have said that I love the concept, but there's no need to tweak those numbers to make it weaker. Perhaps have it target multiple or single? That'd be unique to my knowledge, but the multiple target may allow for greater use.
[/quote]

For the upcoming factions, I suggested a creature that the people who join the factions get the basic form, and once they level up in the faction, so does the creature. And when they left the faction, the creature is sacrificed.