New Rules Making Havoc...??

Blood Prince

Since the introduction of new rules I have seen a drastic reduction :) in the number of players online. GOE does not have many palyers or atleast fightable MP5 and other places in the releam which I have access to is desserted. Do you people see this trend as well...?? What can we do to change this...??

Well, personally, while I usually leave my character idle so others can train with my trees, now I do not do that anymore because I'm nearing the 1k limit, and I'm not looking to lose my stats when I'm idle. I guess it's not just me..

actually, it's the same for all the usual suspects, those who were idling most of the time can't afford it anymore, and those who still do it won't have themselves killed by by-passers, our brute force-rits are better than that :lol:

so, at least in mp5, the map is looking totally different now, but i wouldn't call that change bad... just a change, from an idling community to a smaller, active community...

when i was walking into GoE before that change, there were ~50 players, but none of them there, now it's like 10 players, but each of them really there ^^

I am not and I don't intend to work in that direction. If it happens that I get a victory fine, if not...tough luck. As for loses: I cannot gain any. So in time (depends on how much I fight) I might end up balanced.

The situation with losses is better now.

And now I believe that the ONLY reason why less people are idling is because of the new rules. Otherwise there would be way more people idle.

Its a little sad but makes me happy to see the active people still on.

The new rules have completely changed MD at the MP5 level. It is easy enough to keep ahead of the skill damage but treading water constantly to stay in place is not an enjoyable situation in the long run. I killed all of my creatures and stopped healing others with my nutcracker. I guess the fighting portion of MD is now dead to me. Thats not even taking into account the silly 30K per hit damage rits due to the new tokens. I hope MD has enough other things going on to keep peoples interest. It would be a shame if MD continued to be a barren wasteland like the last week or so.

Cutler

barren wasteland? there are more mp3 and 4 around than ever before... and they even talk in chat instead of just listening to what the elders say XD

however, those who were off-balance before are now killing everything they can get a hold off, not necessarily for vics, but for keeping their stats (not for the stats sake, but because of the principle of hating to lose something you already have) and set insane defences... therefore most mp5 don't idle anymore...

the active community is almost the same as before, but with less idlers, it's less interesting to go where the idlers used to hang out to kill, and instead go and hunt a bit *hehe*

and, what's more annoying, the passive fighters are now gone... which means less fun in chat...

on the other hand, quests are getting more interesting now, because fighting out of boredom is not time-filling anymore, so people will most likely start to do minor quests, or harder quests, which they usually don't care about, and train their mind a bit ^_^

i still dislike the change, but i get used to it XD

It will take some time before the new equilibrium is gained though, some people had 500 losses too much and since it can be pretty difficult to get a victory sometimes, it may take a very long time, far far longer than in the past. (where mur would just reset loss and wins and honor to balanced and max ^_^)
So, I guess it will be barren like this, for a very long time. I am guessing 2 months or more.

• Root Admin

You are missing a big big important thing i allready annoucned. Advertising is stopped for quite a while, probably will be the longest period without ads. People constantly give up, its normal to do so. The number of online players now is the number of players that have been allways open to experiments and online.

Ads will stay down for an other month probably, the reason is that i move all that money into SEO hoping to attract more visitors from searchengines without needing to spend so much on ads with a questionable quality of players.

Also a server upgrade is sheduled, that costs too.

The new rules defenetly affect this, but its not only them.

I think that is a good idea.
From what I've seen this is mostly a grown up kinda game, and game sites are not the best (and only) kind of promotion MD needs right now.
Searchengines are a great idea but I would also use a few flash banner ads on key sites. I am not an online player fan, so I never visited game sites, the first game I played online was because I clicked an add banner on my mail, so it is possible to atrack people whom never played before with that type of publicity.

K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

i love it. All I ever saw before were idle players everwhere. Like a bunch of homeless people sleeping whre they fall. Now when you enter you know you have people to talk with. As far as my perpective on MagicDuel is it is a Role Playing Game. A place to play out imagination and have fun. If you want combat go to Warhammer *if ya do get ahold of me I usually have free trials for people, I've been on it about 2 years* or Darkfall. Get a MMORPG with graphics and stuff. MD is way more fun when you rp instead of just running around complaing and attacking people

[quote name='Grido' post='32137' date='May 24 2009, 03:03 AM']''Feel free to attack me. ''
and to continue that sentence....''if you want losses'' :P[/quote]

*misunderstands and repeatedly attacks her Boss* :lol: