Pointless Rants and Complaints

adiomino

(just say whatever you want)
:D

I'll start this topic off.

How about the storyline and chapter 3? When is someone going to update it. I'm sure many people in mp5 have have gotten stuck in a chapter that was under contruction and that basically crushed their hopes and dreams and threw it in their faces :unsure: Well... who even makes and updates the story? Some stories have been under construction for hundreds of days... Shady Jester said many people have been complaining about this since even before he joined. Now that doesn't exactly make me feel good. I wonder how many people feel the same. XD

I liked the story XD

(oh and I'm sure he cares... but he has other stuff to care bout)

Edited by adiomino

another old and pointless rant: drachorns!!

you can't get a wind drachorn without having a golemus drach, and you can't get a golemus drach.

unless of course when you make it to RPC-level, he seems to pop in every second day to give one to them :D

they should be rare and all, but it's really totally evil for collectors who don't get a chance to get one of those two through working for it, and buying one is just not the same -.-

• Root Admin

The endless question of When is Ch3 going to be compleated was first around when people first got to it. It has been like it is today since the first Days of magicduel years ago.

Now Mur is thinking that the story doesnt fit in now with Magicduel and it outdated because of what has happened. If he continues with this thinking he will most definately remove it from the game at all. But then again he may continue with it and get someone to finish the story.

Mur only knows the answer to this.

Oh my gosh...

Lol well that sucks. I wanted the rewards from the story. I hear lots of chapter 3 rewards can be huge. Or pretty horrible...

Oh and what about the allopass phone completion to credits thing? It doesn't work for me. I live in the United States and I've like tried calling at least 10 times already which is a lot of money btw... And it never worked once. I wonder why. Does anyone else have troubles with allopass like me?

IMO: But if he takes the Story out, he'd be taking away a part of MD's History. He could possible keep it as such, to show a story that happened long ago, but shows it through the players eyes instead.

I dont know, just a thought :D I just hope he doesn't take the Story Mode out of the game. It's very interesting, to say the least, and I'd love to continue it (under construction for me too :D)

• Root Admin

A part of MD history? You mean the false part that bears no real relation to the game?

Might even simplify the game if this false history is taken out.

Or perhaps a new storyline should be written that is based around what has happened. Such as the events of The Shade balance? Then allowing a user to "go through" the events and react how they would in this time? Then it would be based on real history and keep the element in. And also educate the user how MD has evolved?

EDIT: this would also give people an alignment and also could be tied in with making a role. if you were to run the shade balance through as a story you could have the prayers for shades, the golemus wizard and the other things that the user would be able to choose (like the storymode) what he does and then it will come out with some outcome based on what he does (such as BigC getting trapped in Necro) or being someone who goes into GG to kill the wizard.

Oh that would be SO cool Chewett! It could be like they were playing through the memories of someone. Or the memories of the Realm, and then the Realm chooses who the player belongs to.

That's a neat idea, I really like it.

Except it would be endless work for whoever were to do it, because they'd have to keep adding Chapters as the game progresses.

And also as a result, the new players would have to play through progressively lengthening Chapters. *laughs* That'd be a mess.

Awi

• Root Admin

if/when ch3 will be up, you will be amazed that it will still look one step into the future. stop dreaming about ch3, if/when it will be up you will see.

MP3 stage will allways remain the one with the story, the big change with the factions was for MP2 level and it will turn mp3 story into a sort of a embeded quest.

The game beauty must be sacrificed a bit in favor of the game dynamics. Fixed story wont write itself, but factions is something "alive".