A "Question" for "You"

Mhilael

I made this thread out of my own curiosity- as i wasmaking this, i am focusing on triggering the interest of new players- since this could possibly help them understand their "role" or purpose here in "the world", MD. ([i]Magic Duel ~ for future reference[/i])

i never got the chance to submit my question to Kami-sama- (cause i can't find him) :)

so.. i figured that i should ask the people here instead- i feel that this could help new people that just started MD (the GENUINE "new" people, i mean :P) to discover what they are doing here.

I'm asking this question in a practical way- to look behind the reasons to why you found MD, and why you chose to stay with MD.. not just because of its features and all those technical stuffs about gaming. Because if that was your reason, there are other MMOs out there. :blink: (have you ever thought about this? i'm trying to get more involved in the game- in this sense) ;)

for me, there are different ways to find this "world". Advertisements, searching, and others that i possibly still haven't encountered. But in my case, I found it accidentally out of random searching.. :P i keyed in "magic".. and there it was, a full description of what i was looking for- a purpose.

a purpose and a big question that started my quest here in MD- "why was MD made this way?". :o

At first, i was observing the features and basis of the "world"- but slowly, in my search for understanding, i discovered some "logic" and experiences by interacting with other people instead. and bit-by-bit, i slowly realized some "lessons" that i can apply to real life.. the mystery here is how MD gets involved with real life and still maintain the likeness of the created "world" MD, that we all know, (by we, the forum readers and veterans) and the real world.

i came here so i can "learn". for now, i see that there are no limitations to what i can learn. well, that's for me. how about "you"?

so now, i ask you this-

[b][u]Why are you here in MD?[/u][/b]

[i][note: if this is somehow violating any rule, please forgive me. :o

you can delete or do anything with my post as you see fit.. :unsure:]

I hope this help you all in your 'quest' in this world we "live" in. :good: [/i]

[quote name='Death Bell' post='34786' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:26 PM']I am in MD because i am jobless :blink: i actually dont knw that answer.. hmmm let me think[/quote]

I understand your first idea of an answer, but most people in MD are either young people or still in college (this is solely my idea- i'm only assuming).. so it's understandable to be jobless... right? :P (correct me if i'm wrong :unsure:)

[thanks for taking your time with this post ] :)

Edited by Mhilael

There are exceptions. I have a job and compared to the majority I am not young.
I stayed because it has few rules and you are allowed to do lot of things. You can choose your path and that path is unique. There is no other player that will be the same as you (like in all other MMOblabla games).

I also stayed because the game is developing, bringing new features (and yes, new bugs :)). And I stayed cause I like my position as one of the top players :unsure:

believe it or not, i came becasue i was bored... right after my last exam, i didn't know what to do with my time, and googled free BBMMORPG.. and there were hits over hits and i went through them...
and somewhere on side 4 of some crappy toplist, i found MD, the first game which didn't seem like involving 12 online hours a day or any form of 'pay your way up', and BOOM!, Burns entered MD ^^

i stayed a bit because of the quests, which somewhat teased me to see more and see how far i could get in them, and to see how other people think, and passed a few weeks...

and then, as i ran out of quests to do, i stayed, again, out of mere boredom, waiting for college to start again and too lazy to go search for a new game to pass the time...

and all of a sudden, i was somehow involved with the community, amongst the players who 'know' [i spent tons of time on logs, old forum-entries, AL, even old announcements, all the things you can imagine], and i was curious to see how this could evolve... so i stayed, and am intending to stay for ever, even when my spare-time gets cut by exams, jobs, family or such... there'll always be a few hours per week which i can spend here :)

(oh, and i can't leave anymore anyway, i'm in several toplists by now... you can't just leave once you are in a toplist, can you? :lol: )

From now, i'll be making a list of things of what other players think about / what reasons they have to exist in MD:

so... here we go..!

1) [b]DST[/b]- The game is : Unique, Filled with Numerous Posibilities (i think so too :good:) , Equipped with the thrill of uncertain development (RPCs.. are really interesting because of this :unsure:]

"involved with player stats, and other features compared to other MMOs"

~ to dst: age doesn't matter in MD.. (in my opinion) its already impressive that you could keep your standing in MD while still working.. well, anyway- what matters to me as a fellow player, is what gathered us all into this "world". :o

----------

2) [b]Burns[/b]- the game has: Things that can toggle the interest of others (i agree - what made me come here was the flexibility of the game too.. :blink: ), [quests, puzzles, (and other features soon to be found)] a community that we can interact freely [i feel MD exceeded the "chat limitation" compared to chat networks since we could involve things to MD in infinite possibilities. :P

(how?.. stay at gathering places for a few times and you'll understand) :) ]

,[b]stayed in MD for the GROWING COMMUNITY[/b]. (just one of your simple games.. well.. it used to be.. right?) :]

~ to Burns: hiya!! nice to see you again :o (thanks for helping me with the LR problem) <|3

----------

3) Esmeralda - liked MD for its: Creative artworks (yeaaaa... me toooo <.< i want an avatar soon.. :P), the community (your relations to some people of MD are somewhat amazing- most of them are veterans already.. so- it seems MD somehow relates people in odd ways.. remembering people because you had to ask for wins and loses.. nostalgic?) ;)

~ you really have known each other for quite some time.. *thumbs up for Friendship?* <3

----------

[I'LL KEEP EDITING THIS NOTE FOR PAGE 1, so others may read a short summary. THIS IS ONLY for PAGE 1.
A new note for each page will follow.]

Edited by Mhilael

Well..don't be too impressed. My job is something a bit special and I have loads of free time. In case I will change it (hope i do) I will still log in and play (unless I will not have internet access O_O).

[quote name='dst' post='34794' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:15 PM']Well..don't be too impressed. My job is something a bit special and I have loads of free time. In case I will change it (hope i do) I will still log in and play (unless I will not have internet access O_O).[/quote]

well.. there's that.. :) (which is still amazing- since you work, and still have free time and all.. :unsure:)

*reads burns' and dst's post and sighs.. Burns pompous as usual :) and dst i am ur fan!*

I think I registered on MD coz of the amazing artwork displayed. It was last november or maybe before that... Never mind.

Actually i am incredibly surprised I stayed on.. You see I dont stick to one MMORPG coz I dont have an easy access to a pc or laptop in the dorm. Need to leech a laptop from my parents.. By the time i get back to the game, its like I am way behind. I even forget sometimes what I am supposed to do.

Probably the very reason i stuck to the game was The flying dragon inn.. I made real great friends. Storm, mort and Mcvitie. They always treated me great when i logged on after a month or two.. Then i used YM To stay in touch with storm, calyx and Marvolo. Thats what kept me coming back.. The people here...
I realy thank YM and MSN...

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34803' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:49 PM']*reads burns' and dst's post and sighs.. Burns pompous as usual :blink: and dst i am ur fan!*

....Then i used YM To stay in touch with storm, calyx and Marvolo. Thats what kept me coming back.. The people here...
I realy thank YM and MSN...[/quote]

~ whoa haha i like both Burns and dst- and... yeah.. i'm starting on using ym for MD purposes too.. its kinda fun keeping in touch with friends :] i'm getting there.. (i hope i have those "friends" :P)

Erm.. I met burns when I was using my alter. He seemed to think I plaguerised. :blink: xD

And I met dst and Mr. Wookie adm a.k.a. Chewett When I was spamming uncontrollably in the offtopic forum.. XD

And yes M.. You do make great friends. I share almost everything with storm and Marvolo. Really..

i still think so =P

and last time i checked, 50% of all people who voted in your poll did so, too :lol:

anyways, i hope you know that i'm not really meaning it when i trash-talk... it's just soooo much fun to do it =D

and most of the time it's somewhat easy to tell if i'm being serious or not :blink:

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34827' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:48 PM']Erm.. I met burns when I was using my alter. He seemed to think I plaguerised. -_- xD

And I met dst and Mr. Wookie adm a.k.a. Chewett When I was spamming uncontrollably in the offtopic forum.. XD

And yes M.. You do make great friends. I share almost everything with storm and Marvolo. Really..[/quote]

~i do? 0.o if so, where are they? :o

and... good for you- you have good friends :] *huggles*

[quote name='Burns' post='34830' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:58 PM']i still think so =P

and last time i checked, 50% of all people who voted in your poll did so, too :lol:

anyways, i hope you know that i'm not really meaning it when i trash-talk... it's just soooo much fun to do it =D

and most of the time it's somewhat easy to tell if i'm being serious or not :P[/quote]

~ I'd like to see that. :o

some time soon- when i reach the right level :blink: (gah. i wanna rob some exp bank if there were any , right now lol :lol: )

Lol! You never give up do you burns? :blink: never mind. Lets not go off topic else dst will make a god knows what out of me.

M you just made a new friend.. *Extends her hand forwards for a shake hand and tries to act pompously like burns but fails* Hey i am esmerelda..

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34842' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:12 AM']Lol! You never give up do you burns? :P never mind. Lets not go off topic else dst will make a god knows what out of me.

M you just made a new friend.. *Extends her hand forwards for a shake hand and tries to act pompously like burns but fails* Hey i am esmerelda..[/quote]

~ i think i've become 1 friend richer (and i don't know if that's even the right word to say it) :o

i like burns for what he is -_- makes me laugh from simple to no reason at all- (not meant to offend) :blink:

and... getting off topic is bad? :o

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34851' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:29 PM']Erm.. Yes.. If one mod thinks you are too cute to scold, one mod growls at you, one is too serious to say anything severe and one mod is too sweet to say anything,

Yes it is bad..[/quote]

Wait, do you consider Chewy a mod or am I one of those 4? If so... Which?

Oh and to stay on topic: I am here to have fun, SOME people that are around seem to like my company :blink:

[quote name='lightsage' post='34852' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:10 PM']Wait, do you consider Chewy a mod or am I one of those 4? If so... Which?

Oh and to stay on topic: I am here to have fun, SOME people that are around seem to like my company :blink:[/quote]
my bad.. I added Mr. Wookie adm to the mod list..

Good question!
I developed a passion for NLP(NeuroLinguistiqProgramming) long ago.
In this world you have to rely on written words when you interact with otherds. Is a great training ground for a NLP-ist who need exercise.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34854' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:51 PM'][quote name='lightsage' post='34852' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:10 PM']Wait, do you consider Chewy a mod or am I one of those 4? If so... Which?

Oh and to stay on topic: I am here to have fun, SOME people that are around seem to like my company :)[/quote]
my bad.. I added Mr. Wookie adm to the mod list..
[/quote]

Mr. Wookie is a mod. lol

• Root Admin

[quote name='Esmerelda' post='34997' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:35 PM']You are an administrator before mod. :)[/quote]

lol. no no no no no. was mod before admin

it was definately you that were an admin before mod and now are a normal player

soon you will be banned as you go down the scale. :D

Frankly I play for potential. I love seeing things change and grow. I see lots of room for thins to change and grow here into something great- well, greater. That's why I stay. There's always something going on, and I am always tied to the computer until it concludes (which is often just a lot of waiting, and isn't always an exciting conclusion, but sometimes it is) by which point there's a new thing to wait for.

In example, only 38ish days until I figure out whether to throw away my priest.

[quote name='Chewett' post='34999' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:10 PM']lol. no no no no no. was mod before admin

it was definately you that were an admin before mod and now are a normal player

soon you will be banned as you go down the scale. :P[/quote]
*gets scared*

I was niether! I hate responsibilities!

And I am being a good girl! I am not spamming! Dont ban me..
*hides all the spam posts under the carpent and smiles innocently*