MDA Bookshelves are available

pamplemousse

• 5 weeks later...

The bookshelves don't work properly with opera and aren't placed very well in windows IE

How about:

Bookshelf I: A, B, C, D

Bookshelf II: E, F, G, H

Bookshelf III: I, J, K, L

Bookshelf IV: M, N, O, P, Q

Bookshelf V: R, S, T, U

Bookshelf VI: V, W, X, Y, Z

...or similar

Could the category sorted library be placed somewhere like:

The Cellar: Coord. 4_1x2_27

or [Unnamed room]: Coord. 4_1x2_6

Edited by darlec77

You will notice that the lettering on the shelves does not cover the entire alphabet. If there is a movement for a solution to counter this, I will make the changes.
Some ideas so far are:
-Put the letters in accordint to the current shelf layout and fill out the rest of the letters randomly, labelling them in the clickable heaading.
-Divide the alphabet into 5 blocks, 1 for each shelf, with the letters following alphabetic order, and assigning them in that order to the shelf, either clockwise or counter clockwise.
-Assign letters completely randomly, or even generate the shelves randomly on each view.

If there is enough demand for it, we could perhaps convince Mur to edit the scene image and add the missing letters.

As Grido said, the shelves look rather empty if they only have 1 row of books, so I filled them out by adding all books.

As for them not dispalying in Opera or IE, they were tested in both and worked perfectly.
It's possible your particular Opera/Ie version was by some chance not catered for, can you give me more detail about the problems?
Since the shelves are publically editable, it's also possible someone tried editing and messed them up.

• 3 months later...

The bookshelves do not currently work at all. Are there any plans to remedy this? I'm quite interested in taking a look at all of them, but there's either nothing there or just loading screens that go on into infinity. :D

they have to be reedited every 14 days, or else they dissapear (until the owner of the article on the clickable renews them).
I'm sure Rendril will update them as soon as possible :D

also they are all mostly (or all as far as I know) based on articles on MD archives.
you should check it:

http://md-archives.com/

I'm fairly certain the problem lies somewhere else, the shaleves are public items and anybody with public-rights can just re-save when they pass by...
But i think Rendril does work on a solution, it seems he ponders those shelves in every free minute... always standing there, looking at things xD

• Root Admin

i have updated all of the bookshelves so that they all appear again. Unless anyone wnats them to be hidden for a while i shall keep updating them as and when i pass by.

[s]NOTE: it seems something has broken the javascript to load the script, Since i dont want to break it i shall be contacting Rendril.[/s]

EDIT 2: Iv fixed up the errors with the bookshelf, it should all work now. All the Bookshelves currently display the same content.

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' date='28 May 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1275081019' post='60551']
i have updated all of the bookshelves so that they all appear again. Unless anyone wnats them to be hidden for a while i shall keep updating them as and when i pass by.

[s]NOTE: it seems something has broken the javascript to load the script, Since i dont want to break it i shall be contacting Rendril.[/s]

EDIT 2: Iv fixed up the errors with the bookshelf, it should all work now. All the Bookshelves currently display the same content.
[/quote]

Thank you! I went immediately to examine things as soon as I saw your status update.

[quote=Rhaegar Targaryen]also they are all mostly (or all as far as I know) based on articles on MD archives.
you should check it:

http://md-archives.com/[/quote]

Where's the fun in that? :D