MDA Bookshelves are available

pamplemousse

The bookshelves in the Indexed Room of Memories are now available for content. I have placed links to the Forum, MD-Archives site and as well as links to all the alliances and lands. I have also included some interesting links about principles and the Book of Ancients memorials.

I am interested in hearing from everyone as to what they would like to see on the shelves. Please offer your suggestions here, or if you have comments on the existing information, please let me know.

Currently everything is alphabetical, but Categories and Topics is a fun way to do things as well. I will see what I can do with that, thanks!

Oh and big ups to Ailith for helping me with the HTML code, it would have looked like a drunken monkey threw letters at a wall without her. :friends:

Just an idea... If there is enough interest from the communiy, it will be great to start conforming grups of discussion on topics like History, Politics... War.. in terms of helping to increase our bookshelves of MD documents. The "K" instrument might be very usefull for these groups to wright and edit the material.

K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

OF TOPIC:
Well I allready have a topic for discussion on my papers. I intend to continue writing about it soon.
It is titled: Public Space, Marketplace & Community, it can be place as a Cultural or Economic área.
I've spoke with a few people about starting a small group of discusion, mostly market related, anyway will see how it goes.

• 3 months later...

One idea of discussion has been to have representatives from each alliance (and/or faction?) have access to their own specific 'books' of reference in the archives. For example, each alliance leader could have one they are in charge of and responsible for. The archivists could be responsible for writing books for the information/wisdom/knowledge found in other places.

Hmm, although it's a good idea, I think it would be best if writing book are left to the neutral archivists, and not to the alliances. Y'know, there would be an inevitable bias if alliances wrote their own reference book xD

whoever is ''managing'' the bookshelves currently, can they please contact me, i have some suggestions. If nobody is, then i'd still like to speak to whoever did the things to do with the elements, and the other off site things.

[quote name='Udgard' date='11 October 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1255318908' post='44441']
Hmm, although it's a good idea, I think it would be best if writing book are left to the neutral archivists, and not to the alliances. Y'know, there would be an inevitable bias if alliances wrote their own reference book xD
[/quote]

Yes, indeed! I pray to see that happen. My suggestion is but an idea to expand upon what already great work the archivists do.
Perhaps a counter-proposal might be to have such alliance specific 'books' housed in each respective land. My main push for this is for new travelers in the realm to have better access to this general knowledge.

Phantom Orchid, we already had the intention of archiving such knowledge. We are still in the process of reorganising the alliance. Most members are under demanding schedules in RL and we lost some key members of the alliance. Give us some time to get things running again :)

Grido, I think the element sections you are refering to are part of the quest Yrthilian is working on.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of book with funny quotes from MD world, maybe funny topics from forums book?or most funny logs book? also storytales and myths especialy after RP gone there should be a lot of records about them. Book of rules in MD? so that everyone could read em from the world? just few ideas...

Edited by Robin Mea

The bookshelves have received a facelift.

You will find that they look much more like...books :)

For now the shelves all show the same content, this will change once there are enough books to fill each shelf individually.
It has been tested to work in IE, FF and Opera, please report any bugs.
Suggestions are welcome for colouring, positioning, sizes, content display etc.

There are books from the archives and the forum that will be added soon.
Anyone interested in writing a book for the shelves is encouraged to do so.
Contact me if you would like to add a book to the shelves.

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

[quote name='Rendril' date='28 November 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1259413643' post='48621']
For now the shelves all show the same content, this will change once there are enough books to fill each shelf individually.
[/quote]

it seems it will be split up later

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='09 December 2009 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1260397003' post='49530']
Than don't come up with names beyond:P
[/quote]

What happened to the books in MD Archives? They were so great and then they disappeared. I'm guessing it has to do with the 14-day script policy, or something like that.