OS Upgrade

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Site will be down for several hours while server is beeing upgraded to a 64bit operating system.
Backups will be used to restore md and a lot of settings will be different. Expect errors and weird behaviour once it is back up. I will try to fix them as soon as possible and with minimum "damage".

At first everything will be installed only on one HDD then if its allright it will be mirrored on the entire array. If something goes bad the downtime will be longer. If everything goes smooth site should be up in a few hours and will finaly take full advantage of the entire 8Gb ram and not just half of it.

I will keep this post updated.
Bookmark it.

• Root Admin

Maintenance postponed for 6 july. Tomorow 1st july is Canada day (so i heard) and level2 tech support will be away for a week, so its better they won't do this today then dissapear for one week, if something happens is better they will be there to assist. Sorry for all the trouble.

• Root Admin

there are several issues now with the 32bit system. Mysql is not able to load better than this, it could be a lot more better. By better i do not mean only speed. One major issue is that there is a user limit and only a certain number of players can be online at the same time. Also its allways better for things to work better. Why should we pay for such a server if its resources are not used correctly because of a bad OS.

[quote name='King Manu' post='35783' date='Jun 30 2009, 04:05 PM']there are several issues now with the 32bit system. Mysql is not able to load better than this, it could be a lot more better. By better i do not mean only speed. One major issue is that there is a user limit and only a certain number of players can be online at the same time. Also its allways better for things to work better. Why should we pay for such a server if its resources are not used correctly because of a bad OS.[/quote]

i'm very much agree with it! :good: