Ritual Challage

No one

It seems that everybody that wanted to create a quest, created one. I know that it looks similar with other quests, but ... even if I was the first with the idea ... I was (still am) too lazy.

Anyway, the contest is like this :
- each contestant will be able to submit a maximum of 3 attack rituals and 3 defense rituals (that will no be made public or that player will be disqualified)
- each contestant will be attacked by me 3 times and will attack me 3 times
- rituals that I will use will be chosen from either attack or defense rituals submitted with full health
- rituals that the contestant chooses to attack / defend himself are not mandatory to be the ones submitted but must be with at least 301 VE in the ritual
- if not possible due to MP/prison/ban/holiday/creatures/whatever restrictions for a contestant to attend, a replacement player will be required (rules will be established at a later time)
- creatures used in rituals are maxed creatures (if you submit rituals with other type of creatures ... I might need time to grow them)
- there will be a limit of maximum 3 creatures of a type in the same ritual.

Fighting:
- fights will take place with 0% influence and NO tokens
- creatures used will be from the common one (so , no drachorns of any type, no collection creatures and no other creatures that cannot be bought by all MD players)
- I will restrict creatures as I remember them (NO: Jokers, blood archers, drachorns, tormented souls, nut crackers, santa, pimps, imperials)
- as angiens are still new (and I don't own one except some eggs) I will forbid this too.

Prizes ... none yet set, but I guess you all like your name in a list somewhere and maybe some creatures and a few gold coins.

Rituals must be submitted numbered as A1, A2 and A3 (for attack), D1, D2 and D3 (for defense)
Rituals must be defined as :
[i]A1:
<creature 1> <lvl> <target> <ability>
<creature 2> <lvl> <target> <ability>
<creature 3> <lvl> <target> <ability>
<creature 4> <lvl> <target> <ability>
<creature 5> <lvl> <target> <ability>
<creature 6> <lvl> <target> <ability>[/i]

Rituals can be changed in the limit of 3 changed rituals.

Replacement player
- if a player requires a replacement, he will send the rituals to be used by the replacement player
- rituals used for defense / attack by the replacement will be sent using the same definition of rituals as those submitted for contest.
- rituals to be used by replacement player are sent so that the original player will take credit for the rituals
- replacement players will be selected on base of number of creatures required
- the replacement player will be required to send a confirmation and if he has / will have those creatures
- the replacement player will receive the ritual required just minutes before the fight

Contest (fights) will start on August 1st ... so ... no more submissions will be allowed after that.
Subscriptions and rituals will be awaited starting on 20 July using PMs on MD or on MD Forum.
[b]Please specify the name and id of player for each PM :D.[/b]
[b][color="#FF0000"]If any ritual is made public, even for example, will disqualify that player as contestant (please use PMs between yourself).[/color][/b]

Further details will be elaborated later on.

NOTE 1: I let about 8 days to discuss / improve the quest. I might accept some of your suggestions only until 20 July.

NOTE 2: I will try to be found around Gazebo of Equilibrium / Berserker’s Way

NOTE 3: I will require volunteers with maxed creatures (with no tokens). I will await their applications on same period using same method

NOTE 4: please specify in subject as needed: volunteer replacement / require replacement / rituals / change ritual

[i]damn this is a long post[/i]

It's about time you made this, been waiting months for you to finally get this going :D
Also is there an exception for certain lower level creatures with unique abilities? Because it would be a shame for people not to get to use their creatures to their full potential.. :D

Can't wait for the updated details, I'm most defiantly going to enter this contest just to see if I can beat you :P

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='12 July 2009 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1247432944' post='36872']
I personally don't have enough critters to make a six critter ritual.
[/quote]
Then ... you will might require the help of a "replacement player"

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='12 July 2009 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1247432944' post='36872']
I'm a little confused, the person fighting you decides the rituals you can choose from?
[/quote]
I want this contest to reveal the level of knowledge in "creating rituals". That is why I want this contest to have at least 2 levels: one ... setting a ritual (those that are submitted) and ... two ... defending (unknown ritual) / attacking (against a known ritual).

[quote name='Granos' date='13 July 2009 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1247455964' post='36909']
Also is there an exception for certain lower level creatures with unique abilities? Because it would be a shame for people not to get to use their creatures to their full potential.. :D
[/quote]
Actually, I'm not inclined to the NEW creatures because I'm not interested in using strength but knowledge. So ... no exceptions should exist for them.
But tell me, anyway, what creatures you had in mind. Do you refer to normal creatures ?

[quote name='Granos' date='13 July 2009 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1247455964' post='36909']
...I'm most defiantly going to enter this contest just to see if I can beat you :D
[/quote]
Any ritual has a counter ritual especially with the limit of maximum 3 creatures of same type

Exploits? In a 0 to 0 fight and only max normal crits there are almost no exploits (unless you discover some bugs like the ghost or something). Or maybe I fail to see the exploits ...

guy, your ideas of exploits are very different from those of the rest of the world...
it's not always an exploit when someone kicks you butt ;)

no one's rules are quite clear, and as long as you play according to the rules, you are not exploiting anything...

just one thing you forgot: include that all rits have to be set just before the fight ;)

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='13 July 2009 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1247523719' post='36948']
Oh c'mon dst, it's pretty simple. Though perhaps you've thought of it and aren't thinking of it as an exploit.
[/quote]

Thank you Guybrush for pointing out that exploits are not allowed in this contest.

[quote name='Burns' date='14 July 2009 - 06:01 AM' timestamp='1247547710' post='36968']
no one's rules are quite clear, and as long as you play according to the rules, you are not exploiting anything...

just one thing you forgot: include that all rituals have to be set just before the fight ;)
[/quote]

True, there are (almost) always ways to avoid rules, I don't want a contest for who knows how to avoid the rules.
That is why if I see something that I don't like ... like ... yea combo, I will request a new fight with no combo.
Just try to make a fair fight and you will have my recognition (I guess that it should count).
Any kind of exploits that I can figure / I am told before / during / after contest ... will be posted somehow. I know, many will be like spoilers, but ... I will see.

Also, any level of creatures can be used, the main problem is that I have mostly maxed creatures. But if you prefer lower levels ... why not. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something new about low level creatures.

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='13 July 2009 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1247518743' post='36945']
I think Granos may have meant critters like the elemental, which has different targets at different stages. One may not have a water lady, but may have a younger elemental. Also, would you like us to point out possible exploits, or are we supposed to use those.
[/quote]

If one is missing creatures, as I already said, he may request some volunteers to do the fights for him.

[quote name='Burns' date='14 July 2009 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1247547710' post='36968']
guy, your ideas of exploits are very different from those of the rest of the world...
it's not always an exploit when someone kicks you butt :P

just one thing you forgot: include that all rits have to be set just before the fight :P
[/quote]

Very strange that you seem to think my idea of exploits are different from the rest of the worlds... You then state that No one's rules are quite clear. You then suggest a rule that would eliminate the exploit I was thinking about. Perhaps you too have a different idea of what an exploit is?

I'm a fan of exploits myself. If someone is capable of finding a hole in a set of rules and exploiting them, kudos to them.

combo is not an exploit, but it's not what this contest is about :P
with combo allowed, the old players would still finish off any, even very good strategy, by merely surviving it

real exploits look different... very different...

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='15 July 2009 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1247624859' post='37095']
But why not allow them to use lower level critters? If there is some sort of advantage to a lower level regular crit they aught be able to use them. Strategery and all.
[/quote]
I didn't said that I will not allow low level creatures (of the allowed type), I just said that you can use a volunteer if you don't have the maxed creatures you would like to use.

I also said that I (me, as "no one") don't have low level creatures and I will/might need volunteers ;) or time to grow the creatures to the required levels .

Burns an exploit is finding anything thing that works for you that you are not supposed to use (using the nouned form of the verb as is most common in the game, not the usual definition you'll find for the noun, (a striking or notable deed; feat; spirited or heroic act: the exploits of Alexander the Great-clearly not the one I was using) (To employ to the greatest possible advantage: exploit one's talents.-more like it)(To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor. See Synonyms at manipulate.-what people commonly mean in game).

In the game, combos are not exploits, in this contest, it would be. And yeah, I know how useful a combo rit can be. It works better for me then many older players. But the point of this contest is to put everyone on equal footing, so it makes sense that they would not be allowed.

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

so, the challenge is open.

You can now send the PM with your rituals.

Remember, I await maximum 3 rituals for attack and 3 for defense for each contestant.

When you will attack me you will be told the defending ritual ;).

I will try to make a few lists (and give rewards according to them) like:
- best attacking ritual (from those submitted)
- best defending ritual (from those submitted) - these rituals you will know before you will attack
- List of exploits (or ... maybe not) - any exploit figured by me (or another) in a fight will invalidate the fight.
- best defender (player that receives least damage: while attacking, defending or ... both)
- best attacker (player that deals most damage: while attacking, defending or both)

The fights should start on the 1st August and will end as soon as possible.

May the best one succeed

Edit:
As I might have a difficult time to log these days, you can post your MD name & id and I will send you the first PM.

Notes :

1. you are not allowed with more then 3 creatures of the same type in the same (submitted) ritual

2. submitted rituals can not / will not be altered when the part 2 (attacks) starts

3. rituals for defending / attacking yourself do not fall under the rule of number limit

[quote name='apophys' date='30 July 2009 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1248955541' post='38280']
I find it important to note that you are in an alliance, No One, and therefore your battles will be far shorter than normal. This favors certain strategies...
[/quote]

:)) good observation, but I will not do the battles while in alliance.
As for the rituals ... they should be as generic as possible.

Anyway. The period for subscription is supposed to have been closed.
Only 5 contestants.

Too bad.

I'd really like to know why only these few. If you knew about this contest ... please post here why you didn't subscribed.

• 5 weeks later...