Creature: Necrovion Gem

Requirements for recruiting this creature:

Action points 20
Value points 17,000
Sacrificed vitality 2,000
Exploring Points 10

Creature name: Necrovion Gem

[img]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/Midori_moon/insdoc0008.jpg[/img]( supposed to be: 294 x 400)
Targets: weak creatures

Abilities: weaken defense
[i]Actions of this unit are performed on enemy targets[/i]

Creature description:
[i]An odd creature. Is it even an egg? Curiously, the fire surrounding it does not burn, nor is it hot. It kind of feels cold.. The second it is picked up, though, everything feels ominous. But the black fire should have warned anyone. The fire is almost Shade-like. Although the markings can intrigue someone. This light green gem might be useful…[/i]

Stats:

Vital Energy 700
Defense 5
Initiative 1
Attack 2
Power 1

Requirements for next level:

Experience 12,000
Won battles 50
Age 30

Upgrade costs:

Action points 20
Value points 3,000
Sacrificed vitality 2,300
Exploring Points 10

Creature name: Dragon Shade
[img]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/Midori_moon/dragonshade.jpg[/img] (supposed to be: 410 x 468)
Targets: Strong creatures, dying
Abilities: Damage
[i]Actions of this unit are performed on enemy targets[/i]

Creature description:

[i]A shade and dragon were sealed in the gem a long time ago, when there was war. The shade stole the dragon's life in it, and in return gave his life to the dragon. They became one. The dragon holds on to the gem carefully, finally being released. It makes you its' master, hoping that it can become stronger. It trusts it's master. With it, the carnage it needs to grow stronger will become possible.[/i]

Stats:

Vital Energy 1,500
Defense 10
Initiative 2
Attack 5
Power 4

Requirements for next level:

Experience 50,200
Won battles 210
Age 70

Upgrade costs:

Action points 50
Value points 5,300
Sacrificed vitality 3,400
Exploring Points 10

___________________________________________________________________________________

In the next level:

Special Influences:
[animasalve] Steals 200 enemy vitality and uses it to heal allied creatures if they are dying. Does not work on user. If enemy creatures are dying, it steals 200 allied creatures vitality and heals the enemy targets. Only steals from the attacking creature, and only gives to the attacked creature.

More insight on it's aura & ability: Weaken defense is used on either dying, weak creatures, OR random (depending what you set for the ritual.) And the special influences only works if you put "soul heal" for your ritual rather than weaken defense. Now, how the influences work is kind of twisted. When an enemy creature is destroyed, it takes 200 VE from the enemy in which killed it - the creature that killed it. Kind of like a double edged sword. But I'm thinking of soul heal only working every once in a while. For instant....

Okay, your enemy has 6 creatures, as do you. Their heretic archer dies, and your heretic archer 2 killed it.. The creature "steals" heretic archer 2's VE, or technically, part of the creature's soul, as I view it! Then gives it to that dead creature. Thus called Soul heal. The influence can only work with that.. Kind of like the first influence you can sort or control. Then it can't heal until the next round. Kind of like it has to "charge up" it's powers. But it can't heal itself.

[b]New:[/b] I'm thinking that this should be a rare creature, rather than someone being able to just buy as many as they want.

Edit -- Sorry both pictures are so big. I'm attempting to resize them, but that's hard for me to do.

Edited by Miidorii

a few questions for clarity:
(the description is either a little ambiguous or i'm a little slow today. if its the later, bear with me -_-)

[quote]Targets: random, dying

Abilities: soul heal, weaken defence
Actions of this unit are performed on enemy player and allied targets

Special influences
[animasalve] Takes enemy vitality and uses it to heal other creatures, but not on itself. Steals 200 vitality. If enemy creatures are dying, it steals 200 allied creatures and heals the enemy targets.[/quote]

does that mean that either weaken defense is used on a random dying enemy creature OR the animasalve aura is used? or both at once? does the aura description just explain what the ability does or does the ability do something else? will it take 200 VE each round and will it be from the creature that was targetted by weaken def? does 'dying' mean the same as target dying (less than full VE), or when an enemy creature is actually destroyed? if the former, it would steal your own VE each time as long as the enemy has a injured creature, or would it steal both once from you and once from the enemy?

since healers are obsoleted pretty fast a healer/'life stealer with a twist' combo sounds pretty interesting. keep at it :P

Ahah! Sorry 'bout that. I didn't even know there was a creature section for each place... Shows how stupid I am sometimes. XD

To Nex: Weaken defense is used on either dying OR random (depending what you set for the ritual.) And the special influences only works if you put "soul heal" for your ritual rather than weaken defense. Now, how the influences work is kind of twisted. When an enemy creature is destroyed, it takes 200 VE from the enemy in which killed it - the creature that killed it. Kind of like a double edged sword. But I'm thinking of soul heal only working every once in a while. For instant....

Okay, your enemy has 6 creatures, as do you. Their heretic archer dies, and your heretic archer 2 killed it.. The gem "steals" heretic archer 2's VE, or technically, part of the creature's soul, as I view it! Then gives it to that dead creature. Thus called Soul heal. The influence can only work with that.. Kind of like the first influence you can sort or control. Then the gem can't heal for two to three turns. Kind of like it has to "charge up" it's powers. But it can't heal itself, so it wont last long.. For now.

Edited by Miidorii

[quote name='redneck' date='15 July 2009 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1247715063' post='37184']
i like the crit and the crit idea but i think it could actually work if it had a couple touch ups:))

~Red~
[/quote]

What do you have in mind, red?

so, fi you are stronger than your opponent, it would be useless to set the gem on this currently only level, but if you know you are the weaker combattant, you can use it and make the opponent lose VE for killing your crits, and evne revive your own in the process?
seems like a nice new ability...
but i want to see higher levels of the crit before deciding, that one has insane potential to be WAY overpowered...

[quote name='Burns' date='16 July 2009 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1247754408' post='37241']
so, fi you are stronger than your opponent, it would be useless to set the gem on this currently only level, but if you know you are the weaker combattant, you can use it and make the opponent lose VE for killing your crits, and evne revive your own in the process?
seems like a nice new ability...
but i want to see higher levels of the crit before deciding, that one has insane potential to be WAY overpowered...
[/quote]

Don't worry, it wont get that strong. I haven't even decided what it's going to be or anything. And as for overpowered, it only does steal 200 after all. I could make it less. Of course, maybe I should put another requirement for it.

*breathing slowly and deeply, i calm my mind, resisting the urge to question yon former post regarding its topic relevance, for this would be pointless and mean* disregard that, i'm joking ;)
---------------

ok, i was just irritated by the design then ;) so the soul heal ability is an activator/placeholder for the aura.

my new batch of thoughts and questions:

now, if it's set to weaken defense, the enemy will never benefit from it since the aura is only active at soul heal. also, unless an enemy dies the effect is activated when the creature gets its turn to steal 200VE from an enemy creature. assuming that the stronger player is faster and will steal 200 VE from the weaker enemy, s/he can then happily slaughter enemy creatures since the aura has to recharge ;)

or does it only have to recharge to survive enemy creatures? and will it stop working while recharging altogether (for you and for the enemy) or will it keep working for you? aslo, would anything special happen if it kills an enemy by stealing its last 200 VE?

also also, have you for potential higher levels thought of increasing the value for soul heal at a fixed rate or based on power?

[EDIT: small additions, "RP" :P]

Edited by Nex

Doesn't matter how much Ve it steals, it gives you at least another round fighting, which is pretty huge, and on top of that it hurts the enemies. Seems over strong, though if you put a cool down on it's ability it may be ok. I definitely like the concept. Needs to be fleshed out a great deal more though.

[quote name='Nex' date='16 July 2009 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1247761041' post='37256']

my new batch of thoughts and questions:

now, if it's set to weaken defense, the enemy will never benefit from it since the aura is only active at soul heal. also, unless an enemy dies the effect is activated when the creature gets its turn to steal 200VE from an enemy creature. assuming that the stronger player is faster and will steal 200 VE from the weaker enemy, s/he can then happily slaughter enemy creatures since the aura has to recharge :P

or does it only have to recharge to survive enemy creatures? and will it stop working while recharging altogether (for you and for the enemy) or will it keep working for you? aslo, would anything special happen if it kills an enemy by stealing its last 200 VE?

also also, have you for potential higher levels thought of increasing the value for soul heal at a fixed rate or based on power?
[/quote]

It will NEVER activate if it is on weaken defense. No, what I mean by recharge, is, it will say "no target found, skipping turn," for two turns REGARDLESS if there is a dead creature. As for who's creature it takes, it's weakest creature selected first. In which case there is one of the same creature on both parties, it's a 50/50 chance your creature gets selected. It will work for neither parties. Hmmm... I guess it can't steal from a creature that has only, or less than, 200 VE. But remember, it's only doing this to other creatures. Thus, if it has 700 ve, and uses the special ability, 700. Like charity, perhaps. Nothing to gain for itself, really.

No, I haven't thought of that. I do know, on the other hand, that this aura will only be there for two levels, as you might call it. Then It'll probably go on to something else... I'm starting of thinking of the next level, but I always draw it out before I figure out what I want it to do.

[quote][b]Guybrush[/b]
Doesn't matter how much Ve it steals, it gives you at least another round fighting, which is pretty huge, and on top of that it hurts the enemies. Seems over strong, though if you put a cool down on it's ability it may be ok. I definitely like the concept. Needs to be fleshed out a great deal more though.[/quote]

don't forget: it benefits the enemy most, not the user :P it can give a [i]creature[/i] a second chance, but not necessarily a second round, nor necessarily letting you survive an additional round. while the idea of the aura is potentially interesting i wouldn't say it's too powerful. actually, i wouldn't assume to see people use it too often :P

case 1:
[b]you using the gem[/b]
unless it's meant to 'revive' your creatures (as opposed to 'heal' like the desription says) you will not get a second round anyway. the description only speaks of reviving enemy creatures. if it's meant to revive your own creatures too: see case 2 and apply the logic to case 1

case 2:
[b]strong enemy using the gem[/b]
the enemy has all hitters and would be able to beat you in one round (not necessarily round zero or round one, just in the timespan of one round). the aura triggers after your first creature is killed and revives it. your opponent then proceeds the carnage until all of your creatures are dead. no second round.
[b]equally strong or weaker enemy using the gem[/b]
your first creature that gets killed gets another chance at 200VE, but can potentially be killed in the same round again. if the fight lasts long enough for the aura to recharge, another creature can get this second chance. it IS useful... if the enemy uses it.

[quote]Miidorii
It will NEVER activate if it is on weaken defense. No, what I mean by recharge, is, it will say "no target found, skipping turn," for two turns REGARDLESS if there is a dead creature. As for who's creature it takes, it's weakest creature selected first. In which case there is one of the same creature on both parties, it's a 50/50 chance your creature gets selected. It will work for neither parties.[/quote]

ok, it always heals the weakest creature. weakest as in 'with the lowest VE' or as in 'target weak'? that means if the enemy has the 'weakest' creature it would just redistribute the VE in his/her rit without you getting anything. then why would anybody use the gem instead of an elemental?

on a sidenote, since its not stated explicitely, i assume it would work like steal life rather than like heal, in that it could heal a creature above its max VE.

btw, you didn't answer if it selects the enemy creature from which to take the VE randomly or as per the target it was set to.

i guess if it can't steal from an enemy with less than 200 VE, it also wouldn't revive an enemy that was killed by a creature of 200 VE or less.

and one last thing: you already have recruiting and upgrade costs for it, but it still needs its basic stats (attack, defense and initiative. no power since soul heal and aura aren't power based)

my current concern is that, depending on its stats, people would either use it as an early weaken def if its stronger than ele I / archers or not at all, since the benefit for its soul heal / animasalve is greatest for the enemy and potentially nonexisting for you.

Edited by Nex

He's already explained that if a critter dies, doesn't matter who's critter, the gem gives it 200 health and takes that heath from the critter that killed it. It hasn't been explained if that critter will still act in the same order in that round after being revived. Also there was no cool down stated initially meaning the only way to win was to kill the gem, or be killed when the enemy had 200 Ve or less.

actually, in the initial description of the aura she excplicitely speaks of reviving [b]enemy[/b] creatures

[quote]Special influences
[animasalve] Takes enemy vitality and uses it to heal other creatures, but not on itself. Steals 200 vitality. If enemy creatures are dying, it steals 200 [color="#0000FF"]VE from[/color] allied creatures and heals the enemy targets.[/quote]
(blue text added by me)

she later explained that it steals the 200 VE from the creature that killed the enemy creature when the aura activates and that this effect has a 2 turn cooldown. if i got what she said right, it normaly steals 200 VE from an enemy creature and gives it to the weakest creature, no matter on which side, with a 50/50 chance if both players have an equally weak creature. i guess that's what you meant.

Edited by Nex

[quote name='Nex' date='17 July 2009 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1247854022' post='37339']
actually, in the initial description of the aura she excplicitely speaks of reviving [b]enemy[/b] creatures

(blue text added by me)

she later explained that it steals the 200 VE from the creature that killed the enemy creature when the aura activates and that this effect has a 2 turn cooldown. if i got what she said right, it normaly steals 200 VE from an enemy creature and gives it to the weakest creature, no matter on which side, with a 50/50 chance if both players have an equally weak creature. i guess that's what you meant.
[/quote]

o____o

But in the beginning, it talks about [b]your[/b] creatures getting healed...

that's what i was thinking too.... before you answered (part of) my last questions.

[quote]As for who's creature it takes, it's weakest creature selected first. In which case there is one of the same creature on both parties, it's a 50/50 chance your creature gets selected. It will work for neither parties.[/quote]
since you at no point implied that reviving works on your creatures too, i assumed that you meant the normal soul heal, i.e. stealing 200 VE from enemy, healing a creature. now, in this paragraph you seem to say that the recipent of those 200 VE will be the weakest creature, no matter on which side. if not this, what else did you mean with the quoted paragraph?

i have to admit that i haven't had, at any moment in this discussion, the feeling of fully understanding your concept, partly due to the (seemingly?) contradicting answers :P

Edited by Nex

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not bothering to read all of this, but I'm sorta distracted:

Adding an AURA which makes something every turn isn't wise, make it the ability of the creat itself. Auras apply at the start, continuosly, they don't change..if you make it that way it means a lot lot of extra code for mur. (if he adds it that is)

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='29 July 2009 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1248885054' post='38183']
Sorry for not bothering to read all of this, but I'm sorta distracted:

Adding an AURA which makes something every turn isn't wise, make it the ability of the creat itself. Auras apply at the start, continuosly, they don't change..if you make it that way it means a lot lot of extra code for mur. (if he adds it that is)
[/quote]

Oh my! I never thought of that! >.> Guess I'll just make it like all the other aura abilities. o____o

• 3 weeks later...

wow, we both came up with similar Ideas?

well, drat.

Great idea, it's a great fitting to add. I just had the oddest thought, you might become the new quest master who hands them critters out like... uh... Alek(someth'n someth'n)

well, Good luck with your critter.

(Now, if I can only learn how to set up them stats...)