Lr Back Entrance, Perm Access

Grido

I can see problems arising in the future with people having permanent access into LR through the back entrance..

The back entrance is an RPC clickable item, meaning it can be used to put quest information on it. If someone buys the perma access Wish from the shop then they will not be able to use the clickable as they would just go through into LR when they click it, this would then stop them from being able to complete any quests using that item without help of some form...

Could simply say "well don't use it as a clickable" then in which case why is it one?

umm, yeah Any thoughts on that at all?

~1am Ramblings of a Crazy man.

that's what i initially thought too, but i figured it'd be relatively easy to fix this problem by either:
1. adding an option to the rpc item that is unlocked by chosing the wish which lets you enter loreroot via back entrance. since you'd first get the normal rpc-item menu you could still do quests involving this item.
2. use an alt that doesn't have this wish to do the part of the quest that involves this item.

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='28 July 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1248793890' post='38108']
well whole passage seams a funny rpc item.... i mean road and few trees what kind of item is that, in my opinion that should not be item at all, same with marind balcony thing
[/quote]

yes i agree with liberty

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of cents of input to throw in...

When I obtained permanent access to LR back entrance through wish-shop I was under the impression that this was the spell which 'opens the gates' - and through which others would be allowed entrance through, briefly, as the spell allows. My character was banking on this for roleplay purposes; for I would not have spent a wishpoint on this had I known it 'only' gave [i]me[/i] thru access.

Blessings,
Poe

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' date='05 September 2009 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1252182801' post='40961']
I have a couple of cents of input to throw in...

When I obtained permanent access to LR back entrance through wish-shop I was under the impression that this was the spell which 'opens the gates' - and through which others would be allowed entrance through, briefly, as the spell allows. My character was banking on this for roleplay purposes; for I would not have spent a wishpoint on this had I known it 'only' gave [i]me[/i] thru access.

Blessings,
Poe
[/quote]

Actually you assumed it did something it did not, its not really anyones fault that you assumed you would get the spell to open it, Rather than permanent access as it said

Well technically people do still have to work to enter the back entrance unless they are spelled in and the people that have the spells earnt them, On the other side to spend a wishpoint to gain perm access is still working for it you have to pass a wishpoint worthy quest before hand which in my opinion is alot harder than defeating a couple of guards if there were guards at the back aswell alot would enter that way with ease.

[quote name='Leucretia' date='06 September 2009 - 07:03 AM' timestamp='1252195414' post='40967']
Personally, I think the back entrance should have guardians blocking it like the front entrance. If the back exit is easily entered, why bother? Let people work for it.
[/quote]
Maybe if someone gets KC back from retirement...

• Root Admin

[quote name='Udgard' date='06 September 2009 - 05:40 AM' timestamp='1252212029' post='40974']
Maybe if someone gets KC back from retirement...
[/quote]

even if he came back from retirement would he really guard LR? since they did kick him out and all, Rather unfairly also.

As Windy I see the pros and cons of the back entrance. Personally, I think access to the back entrance should be for Lorerootians and COE only and for one good reason. It is a shorter route to GGG and saves a whole lot of AP. Especially now when we are all trying to get 100 Bursts! XD

• 1 month later...

and i was asking what you were on about, udgard is talking about what the topic is about, to refresh your memory;
[quote]I can see problems arising in the future with people having permanent access into LR through the back entrance..

The back entrance is an RPC clickable item, meaning it can be used to put quest information on it. If someone buys the perma access Wish from the shop then they will not be able to use the clickable as they would just go through into LR when they click it, this would then stop them from being able to complete any quests using that item without help of some form...

Could simply say "well don't use it as a clickable" then in which case why is it one?

umm, yeah Any thoughts on that at all?

~1am Ramblings of a Crazy man.[/quote]

and your comment seemed to have no relevance to it

Edited by Grido