Easier Navigation Through The Land

strange

i am quite new to this game and the first thing i noticed where the awesome graphics... i just simply love them...

but somehow clicking the arrows sometimes doesnt make sence... first i click the upper arrow then i suddenly need to press the down arrow to advance(if i clicked the up arrow i would go back to last screen)... i thought this was very confusing and still think it is at certain pieces of the world(exp. the labirynth)

my idea: mark the arrow where you cam from... this will make the game so much easier for people who just started... make the arrow a different color or put a dot on it or whatever but mark it so you can see where you came from and you dont wast ap getting foward and backwards in screens...

noobs probably dont post here often but this is the only thing in the game that currently annoys me alot...

some feedback on the idea??

strange,

For certain areas, if you move your cursor over the arrow it will tell you the next scene.
It was suggested before but...well...we like new players to get lost :))

And no worries: I still manage to get lost in MDA gardens. :))

marking where you cam from would likely increase pressure on the server cos it would be unique for each user then

the labrynth is meant to be confusing...every scene faces the same direction though, so if you pay attention you shouldnt make too many backsteps

[quote name='Grido' date='11 August 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1250012965' post='39218']
marking where you cam from would likely increase pressure on the server cos it would be unique for each user then

the labrynth is meant to be confusing...every scene faces the same direction though, so if you pay attention you shouldnt make too many backsteps
[/quote]

about the server: if smart programmed it shouldnt take that much.....

"It was suggested before but...well...we like new players to get lost"

if it was suggested before then why do you keep having carrots in your ears??? :D

maybe becasue we like new players to get lost?

nah, seriously, this game is not about rushing from a to b, so you can really afford to have some backsteps...
and sooner or later, you'll know all the way and places blindfolded ;)

the arrows are made that way on purpose... I remember asking about that like a year ago lol. Its to keep you on your toes when moving about. Adds to the element of suprise and thinking of course being able to remember which arrow leads where without a map :-)

[quote name='strange' date='11 August 2009 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1250023299' post='39226']
if it was suggested before then why do you keep having carrots in your ears??? :D
[/quote]

Cause bananas don't fit!

Learn one thing: what you suggest today will not be implemented tomorrow. It may take 1 month, 2,3..or forever. Or some things will never be implemented as good the ideas might be.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Prince Lewas' date='13 September 2009 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1252863794' post='41695']
I absolutely agree with Strange... I think, it would be great to mark the arrows with the place where they points to. Marking with at least the coordinates of the place would be good enough ;)
[/quote]

Arrows already show the name of the location they point to, there is a popup when you hover over them, if they don't show the name there is a reason behind it.

Because there is no cause to make something difficult for the sake of difficulty, and reasonably speaking, a fellow ought to know what direction he came in. As for the Lab, there is no good way to get through there without a map, or having gone through a lot. Sometimes you can figure out where you came from, other times you HAVE to back step to not get lost.

That having been said, it's really not worth the time to code it.