Nominations For Memorials

awiiya

So, because I have no more memorials left to write on my list, I am opening this topic to ask.

"Who do you think deserves a memorial written about them, so as to preserve their legacy?"

The requirements for the person are:

1. Have to be inactive for a relatively long period, or have left the game.
2. Have to have done real things. No stories. I will not write a memorial about a fictional character like Hollowed Zenith.

That's all.

Awi

i know he was a good player, but doing a memorial of a player who got banned?

Perro would be cool, dont think i ever met him, but been gone the longestout of Burns' list and i cant thinmk of any others to mind

Alright, people keep on calling me a kiss ass, a follower, and what ever else. Far from it. I am not sucking up, other wise I wouldn't be making topics/discussions that could potentally give me a bad image in his eyes. If they do, they do.

Anyhow, of all the old players I want to know more about lnator is the most interesting. I mean what makes him different from other knators?

personally, i think that the history of alts shouldn't go into the book of ancients...
the player KC is still around, 'his spirit hasn't left the realm', if you want to put it that way, so i don't think he's amongst the characters who left...

once the Archies are starting on important people who are still here, KC would be amongst the first imo, but the way it is he isn't truely gone... i guess, such alt businesses always confuse me XD

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='12 August 2009 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1250076505' post='39261']
Dragoonus. He has to have a memorial in my opinion. He was a phenomenal player.

Z
[/quote]

Seconded.

KC - No, he stills plays.
Jonn - I dunno if he plays or not. Good suggestion
Bootes - Tough... because he comes back from time to time. I'll consider it.
Stormrunner - What was his role?
Perrobotillo - Maybe. I had a soft spot for him. It will be short, though
Lightsage - Maybe. Also tough call. What was his role? He was an accomplished player, but what did he roleplay?
Dragoonus - What did he roleplay, once again? He was nominated last time, and I thought about it, but didn't think he played long enough or left a longlasting impact. Prove me wrong, though.

Awi

I'm going to go ahead and say no to Lightsage. If there is only one person who can tell me what his role was, then I don't think that qualifies as a broad impact.

Stormrunner I am considering more. We'll see. I'll contact some people.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

[quote name='awiiya' date='14 August 2009 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1250279617' post='39393']
I'm going to go ahead and say no to Lightsage. If there is only one person who can tell me what his role was, then I don't think that qualifies as a broad impact.

Stormrunner I am considering more. We'll see. I'll contact some people.

Awi
[/quote]
Clearly Lightsage's role was as a bit of a troublemaker. He was a great fighter, and liked to test things, which is what got him banned. He was not, however, malicious. The last few months he really showed another side with Camilla. They had many adventures, pure RP, and he even wrote her poetry. He was always helpful to new players, and spent many hours training me and others in fighting and strategy. I'm sure DST and other friends will have plenty to add. Not that I think Light really was one, but is there some reason not to memorialise villains?

The circumstances of how people leave oughtn't reflect now on how they played and what they've meant to others in the game.

No Czez, there is no rule against remembering villains. Wodin, Aqune, and others are considered villains.

You are one person, Czez, and though it is sweet he roleplayed with you, he didn't leave a broad impact on the realm, just you.

Awi

Of course they are subjective. I am the one writing them, therefore I have absolute say in who gets in it. Do you think I want to waste my time on something I don't think deserves to be written? You have to remember, I am not paid. All of what I do is voluntary.

Fair enough Burns. I will put him on hold then. He also quit relatively recently, so he may still change his mind.

I'll add Jonn to the list, and Perrobotillo.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='14 August 2009 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1250281380' post='39401']
wodin villain? uh uh uh oke i have no right to say anything about this since i wasnt playing back then
[/quote]
Villainy, as with heroism and any other value-based judgment, is a subjective evaluation.

To those who sided with Golemus Golemicarum, Wodin Ullr would be viewed as a hero, yes. However, the Shades and Sentinels of Necrovion would have not considered him a hero, but likely quite the opposite.

Awiiya, you're considering Stormrunner, and maybe Lightsage, but you wont do memorial for Savelfuser?
i suggested earlier to you to make one for him, you say ok, but if i find you information... i can suggest with who to talk with to find specific things he had done, and i'm sure a lot of veterans on the forums who will help you with that

I am considering doing Stormrunner, and I considered doing Savelfuser. I may choose to not do Stormrunner if I don't find enough information, which is exactly what happened with Savelfuser.

I already looked for information, found none that was factual, only a story. Therefore, I say no to Savelfuser, unless you prove me wrong with factual evidence of what Savelfuser did. I am absolute on this point.

I have no idea who phlegmtheorem is, and this is the first I have heard of him. Why is he worthy?

Awi

Edited by awiiya