New Creature Idea

Blood Prince

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All,

Considering some fights I recently had thought a creature with the following powers would be cool. Tell me what ya all think about it

[b][color="#FF0000"]Creature lvl 1:- Little Crystal[/color][/b]
Req for next level:- Age 10, won battles 30, exp 3000, vit p 500 , value p 500
Powers:- [color="#0000FF"][b]Weaken Attack[/b][/color] (blocks 10% of the attack damage of a random slot. Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [b][color="#2E8B57"]Random[/color][/b]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Creature lvl 2:- Shattered Crystal[/b][/color]
Req for next level:- Age 20, won battles 60, exp 10000, vit p 1000 , value p 800
Powers:- [color="#0000FF"][b]Weaken Attack[/b][/color]] (blocks 30% of the attack damage of a random slot. Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [b][color="#2E8B57"]Random[/color][/b]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Creature lvl 3:- Fire Crystal[/b][/color]
Req for next level:- Age 30, won battles 100, exp 18000, vit p 2000 , value p 1500
Powers:- [color="#0000FF"][b]Weaken Attack[/b][/color] (blocks 90% of the attack damage of a random slot. Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [color="#2E8B57"][b]Random[/b][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Creature lvl 4:- liquid Crystal[/b][/color]
Req for next level:- Age 50, won battles 140, exp 25000, vit p 3000 , value p 3000
Powers:- [[color="#0000FF"][b]Block Attack[/b][/color](blocks 100% of the attack damage. Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [color="#2E8B57"][b]All[/b][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Creature lvl 5:- Dark Mirror[/b][/color]
Req for next level:- Age 80, won battles 250, exp 75000, vit p 6000 , value p 6000
Powers:- [[color="#0000FF"][b]Mirror Attack[/b][/color](hits a random slot back with 100% of the attack damage(applied by the opponent). Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [color="#2E8B57"][b]Random [/b][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Creature lvl 5:- Tainted Mirror[/b][/color]
Req for next level:- Age 140, won battles 400, exp 150000, vit p 10000, value p 10000
Powers:- [[color="#0000FF"][b]Mirror Attack[/b][/color](hits all the slot back with 100% of the attack damage(applied by the opponent). Only works for opponents having haotic strikes, damage.)
target:- [color="#2E8B57"][b]All[/b][/color]

[b]To alleviate the problem of random damage the lvl 4, 5 and lvl 6 crit should not be affected by incoming attack. Any incomming attack should be mirrored back so this crit would be invincible aginst random damage and haotic strickes from lvl 4 onwards[/b]

The greatest weakness of the creature would be steal life and weaken defense.

Edited by Synex

[quote]so that only at high level in a rit against a damage attack is invincible?

because that's not going to happen[/quote]

Well it would be invincible in a brute force attack such as 6 chaos archers with 200k damage each. Thought a crit like this would be useful since too many brute force attacks taking place in MD now with the introduction of tokens. So people who use only brute force must be careful when they are doing so if this crit is in the opponents ritual.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='16 August 2009 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1250440098' post='39627']
If that gets implemented..

Then random damage will rule again.
[/quote]

Hmm ya. I edited the spec of the crit so now it wont let random damage rule :)

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='16 August 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1250440856' post='39630']
You do realise this essentially kills combat?

No more several rounds, unless you deal a 1hit kill or just use lifesteal that was it for the enemy. Which steers more into the direction of tokens..again...
[/quote]

well it kills combat if it has rituals such as you for example with 200k damage. But with this the player with less or no tokens can have some say in the batter unlike now unless you have about 100k vit(and still might not be enough in a case such as yourself) p no one can survive some attack rituals. And the bad part is nobody needs knowledge of binding rituals if brute force always work. So then we can just remove the other crits and have only crits with haotic damage and random damage so may the guy with highest Vit P win. That why I think creature like this would change the dynamic. So it will force brute forcer to think otherwise

You claim weaken would be the weakness..but weaken does nothing in favor for the fight.

What you wish for now is a powerful creature which FORCES people to get this and lifestealers, abandoning every damage. Unless of course as mentioned you are able to 1hit kill, then it turns into a run to buy tokens to make that possible.

You have to fight using this and lifestealers, or else the slower ones just kill themselves using any damage.

What you wish for will make people get more of these 200k damage rituals, with the only change of them excessively aiming for initiative.

Rethink this, before you post such exaggerated things.

Cool creature to have in a collection, but otherwise ... it will only mess even more the dynamic that you say it would change. But hey, what do I know.

As for : "So it will force brute forcer to think otherwise" ... i guess that already this game was screwed enough by tokens so why not. Why not introduce a creature that gives total and unrestricted protection ? Wtf, where is the weak spot in this creature ? Cmon ? you say that you are smart enough to create a creature .

Before creating a creature you must know that all creatures MUST have at least one MAJOR weak spot(yea, seems that some miss those).

So, in order for this creature to be a very good creature you must do at least a few things :
1. damage will be returned to attacker only if the attacked / protected creature survived.
2. this creature must never target all - only multiple (so that it will be useless against a single attacker and that will prevent single creature attacks / defence)
3. the more it protects the less percentage of damage it returns as in
- one creature : 80% damage returned
- multiple creatures : 50% damage returned

Anyway, I still believe that most of the players don't know how to use the current creatures and I do not understand why there is a need for new creatures.

But again, who am I to judge people's knowledge (most of all when all they want is fame / RP).

EDIT: I almost forgot
oh, and ... "Weaken Attack" , as I know, is called "defense" now, but I guess that having 100, 200 or even 1000 defense on a creature would not be enough for you , you want 100% defense.

Shish boy, get a grip .
Oh, you might want to read [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/1872-how-to-survive-in-md-world/"]THIS[/url] , you will find a lot of new and interesting things .

Why don't you people ever come with a surprise creature that never does battles ? it is just a darn egg that occupies your slots ?

Edited by No one

• 2 weeks later...