Minesweeper

Death Bell

The first couple clicks are random clicking and hope that you don't blow up. The basis of the numbers is that if on a square it shows a 1, there is 1 bomb immediately surrounding that square, a 2 shows there are two bombs, etc. If you have a 4 and there are 4 squares left to click on, and no other bombs are surrounding the 4, then you know that all four of those areas have a bomb and so on using the other numbers. My strategy which usually works often is to click the 4 corners then one square somewhere in the middle. If your lucky you won't blow up and have about half the playing surface exposed(on easy :D ) From there look at the corners of the non-exposed areas and see if you are able to reveal any bombs using this simple logic. And yes you will at some points have to guess between 2 or more squares but I would suggest doing everything possible before guessing

PS. I hate Vista's version of minesweeper...

PPS. Awesome/funny minesweeper movie that actually kinda explains the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

lol i can remember that when i was small i used to just randomly click here and there.. and my brother once won by random clicking hehe :D
just wanted to ask now since sum1 used minesweeper as a example in there answer so i was curious

thanks for the replies and answers

All things considered, minesweeper is about as logical as playing a game of chess but every minute you pick a piece and play Russian roulette with it. The game really is that random; if you play it long enough you'll notice that certain unlucky events happen very often, eg:
2 unexplored tiles, surrounded by walls and bombs only; 1 bomb left

[attachment=1145:minesweeper1.jpg]

where the red circle should be a mine because the 2 to the top left of it has to be near 2mines and that's the only other option

or the green circle should be because the 3 to the bottom left means it has to be touching 3 mines, and the only other place, on the 3's right, it cant go because the 3 and 2 bottom and to the right of the space, both have all the mines near them found. eh...teaching someone how to play misesweeper isnt something to do at 3am...

[quote name='Kafuuka' date='26 September 2009 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1253912662' post='42729']
All things considered, minesweeper is about as logical as playing a game of chess but every minute you pick a piece and play Russian roulette with it. The game really is that random; if you play it long enough you'll notice that certain unlucky events happen very often, eg:
[b]2 unexplored tiles, surrounded by walls and bombs only; 1 bomb left[/b]
[/quote]
Yeah, this one's what I hate the most..

I really have to stop doing things like this when I'm bored... and instead go outside and pretend to cast fireballs at strangers!.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4552/minesweeper.gif

I took a screen shot after each click, pasted it into MS paint then used Adobe Photoshop CS3 to make it into a .gif.

Enjoy!

This kinda shows my strategy, its copyrighted by me so if you wanna use it you have to send me one silver coin. If you don't, the smiley will let me know and you wouldn't like that. :P

Ps. It took me 313 seconds because of having to screenshoot and save the pictures, while talking to people :P(usually takes me under 30 seconds on easy)

Edited by Yoshi