Clockwork Drachorn

teufelhunden

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='29 September 2009 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1254249557' post='43182']
the community needs to be able to see what stats you would put on it, so that they can say if they think it's too strong / already implemented, or some other comment
[/quote]

Grido is right, If Mur is making a creature then we dont need to know about its stats, But when the community wants to make one, Then it needs all the support it can get and has to be well thought through. Mur wont make it because one person likes it

You all bring up some rather good points, how about this; if it is not an ingame creature then what would it be? I really dont want something for warfare but i would like to see it affect the game somehow. The main things I would like to see it do is this
1) move players from one location to another (to give new players more exposure to the rest of MD)
2) I would like for it to be able to give VE to newer players or be able to transfer my VE to newer players.
3) I would like to be able and somehow stop a player from harrasing or taking advantage of the weakness of new players(the ones who perform hit and run tactics at the dojo)

i am a new player so any ideas anybody has would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='teufelhunden' date='14 October 2009 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1255513083' post='44639']
You all bring up some rather good points, how about this; if it is not an ingame creature then what would it be? I really dont want something for warfare but i would like to see it affect the game somehow. The main things I would like to see it do is this
1) move players from one location to another (to give new players more exposure to the rest of MD)
2) I would like for it to be able to give VE to newer players or be able to transfer my VE to newer players.
3) I would like to be able and somehow stop a player from harrasing or taking advantage of the weakness of new players(the ones who perform hit and run tactics at the dojo)

i am a new player so any ideas anybody has would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

1. There are spells to move players around.. But these are earnt, a device to do this.. what would be the point of AP?
2. Transfer VE is also a spell to be bought via wp/earnt as part of role
3. There are the staff members at the sparring grounds I am unsure how they deal with these kinds of things but if you report offences (following the guidlines) I assume it shall be dealt with.

There are spells to move players around but how many new people get to enjoy those?

There are spells to heal people but agian how many people know to ask for it?

Dojo staff cant really stop hit and run tactics, especially if the person logs out. It would be neat if you could ban someone from attacking someone else for an hour of in game time.

My computer does not allow me to use some clickable items so its hard to do quest for spell docs and other things. I also am dedicated to not doing violance so its hard to advance my player.

I am using this as a way to contribute to magic duel and would like to have scavenger hunts with the more players involved the better the creature becomes, or have players spend time and energy to help build it. Anything that gets people involved is great....

Even real life, nothing comes free. If such a creature does exist, then the price you must pay for it will be extremely expensive. But I doubt that kind of creature even exist since there are already spells. And again, you can always complete quests (easy to hard) and earn wishpoints. Players may use their wishpoint to request to go to certain places or just complete quest that enables to you request a teleport. If you dislike violence then you may go to Golden Globe Gazeebo for free wins. There will be quest that enables you to go on a hunt from time to time.

I like the idea of having you create your own quest better. Work your way up there so I can participate ^^

Well yeah, even though I surely wouldn't mind getting more powers (who doesn't?) the idea of the SG I have is to simply use ingame mechanics to make sure people won't be aggressors. Such a thing like a one hour ban..would surely not be in that category.

And I'm still trying to get the people to work on talking to the people politely first, and then come to staff if it's needed.

[quote name='teufelhunden' date='14 October 2009 - 05:42 AM' timestamp='1255520548' post='44647']
It would be neat if you could ban someone from attacking someone else for an hour of in game time.
[/quote]
Attack lock spell

Requirements for recruiting this creature: Unique

Action points
Value points
Sacrificed vitality
Exploring Points

(Creature's Name) Clockwork Drachorn

Targets: Multi
Abilities: New ability (Explosion)- It absorbs all the damage cast at it untill it dies, when it dies it releases all of the damage it took back onto the ones who damaged it.

Special Influences: none right now

(Description)
a great metal construct built to resemble the drachorns. It sits quietly absorbing all damage given till it can take no more and lashes out at trhe ones who attacked it.

Stats:

Vital Energy 5000
Regeneration 0
Defence 20
Initiative 4
Attack 0
Power 0

Requirements for next level:no next lvl

So i am really a new player and i am not sure how this goes agianst a wind drachorn or some other really strong creature. Please feel free to rip me apart if you want to.... :)

Edited by teufelhunden

[quote name='teufelhunden' date='18 October 2009 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1255931130' post='45172']

Targets: Multi
Abilities: New ability- It absorbs all the damage cast at it untill it dies, when it dies it releases all of the damage it took back onto the ones who damaged it.

Vital Energy 5000
Regeneration 0
Defence 20
Initiative 4
Attack 50
Power 0

Requirements for next level:no next lvl
[/quote]
Alright...well first, why's it target Multi if it could possibly hit all or just one creature? Multi hits 2-4 creatures.

Second, Why's it have any attack if the damage it does is based on the damage it takes?

Third, this powerful at level 1? I mean, this thing could actually do damage to a token rit :/

(ie: Joe's Supertoken Chaos Archer does damage to all creatures of Greg and:
Clockwork Drachorn recieves 52 000 damage and dies
Greg's Clockwork Drachorn died and released all absorbed damage to Supertoken Chaos Archer and:
Supertoken Chaos Archer recieves 52 000 damage and dies)

This thing just seems waaaaay overpowered to me :/

Oh, and one more thing: What about a human-built drachorn with limited technology would make it absorb damage?

Edited by Pipstickz

To your first point- It would do damage to all the creatures that attacked it. The damage that each creature gets is divided by how many creatures there are(if it explodes with 5000 damage and two crt attacked it then both crtitters would get 2500 damage). If Multi does not explain this then i do not know what does.

Your second point- I am did not think about this but i guess it the attack will be 0

Your third point- If it only has 5000 VE then how can it take 52,000, it would die after recieving 5000 and any extra will be lost.

Your fourth point- This is not just human technology, this is a world with magic.

• 3 weeks later...