Clockwork Drachorn

teufelhunden

I have been traveling the land gaining support for a creature i want to build. It is the Clockwork Drachorn, a mechanical beast given a soul to be used as a companion. I have taken a vow of non-violance and wish to have a friend and companion. The stats of such a beast are unknown, i would like to be able to develop more for worthy people later in the game. Please tell me what everone thinks and if you have any suggestions then i am all ears

I really don't want another critter unless it has new abilities. Everything with the current abilities has been covered well enough. I don't care so much about the name or lore of the critter either, that's more of an afterthought. A good strategic critter should be thought up first, the lore and what not can come afterward. So... Tell us what it does, then we can change it into a critter we might want in the game.

My understanding was that this particular creature was to serve as a friend and companion, rather than a fighter. Therefore, I see no need for it to have stats at all. Perhaps in time it could grow to serve other functions - to assist with information storage, or carry messages, or some other activity that is not battle-related. Given that this will be a constructed creature, I would suggest that perhaps existence is the appropriate goal for its initial incarnation. Additional functions could always be added later, once your initial goals are realized.

aside from the fact that you'd rather create a mechanical companion than getting to know one of the many interesting living or not-quite-living inhabitants of the realm ( :rolleyes: ), i belive the creature research section to be the wrong place to post in.
new players stories, or a similiar rp section might be more appropriate if you don't actually want to create a usable in-game creature.

Asryn is right, i have no desire for another war-beast, i have taken a vow of non-violance so a fighter would do me little good. I believe its abilities should come about slowly, maybe it can ferry me and other people from capitol to capitol, or it can heal another player. By making the statement that every ability is covered in the game is being closed minded. The only limit to powers and abilities is the imagination.

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='27 September 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1254080399' post='43001']
Everything with the current abilities has been covered well enough.
[/quote]
He's saying that we need some new abilities, not that there are no more abilities to think up.

Now, have you actually seen anything mechanical in MD?

making a mechanical device isn't hard, mostly it's just gears, bars, pulleys, levers, things that regulate movement... the real problem is finding a source to power them and applying it... I could give out some suggestions, but I'd rather not.

If you want the iventory item of a clockwork drachorn, then this is the wrong sectionand you should be finding out Udgard.

If you want a creature (that you can fight with) of a clockwork drachorn, then you will have to come up with stats and abilities. Without any at least suggestions on either, the idea will not be considered.

If you want neither of these, please elaborate more.

and maybe teufel just wants to start a major RP-thing and searches for support in the forums, too?
you can base lots of things off this clockwork-drachorn-device, he already mentioned a few of them, which can be achieved with WishShop-spells, if he thinks he can get those spells, why would he not start straight away with working on a story for them?

The item might appear in the process, some time, specially when a lot of people are involved ^^

teufelhunden

I beleve you are meenign to build a compainion for yourself
not a creature per say but a living animation.
This would be a building project but there would be much research
and much in finding the right material.

So in essence this is not a new creature as i dont know were
one might put this topic in regards to this.

I want a creature, it could be some kind of super wall type that can take tons of damage or it could be some type of healer, except instead of healing my people it heals other players creatures(this would not work in a battle but could work outside combat). I do know i dont want a striker or some massive hitter. I am trying to roleplay as a person tired of war and looking for a different way. I do not advocate the end of all combat because war and violance have their place. I am just tired of participating in it. This creature is brand new, it has never been thought of before and if it is created its abilities should be a suprise, I understand the point of thinking up new crits and explaining them but i want this to be a huge community involvment thing, why should we know what it does or how it will turn out? I would like to see it transport other players, maybe give a boost to players under age 25 or so. Where this thread belongs i am not sure, i put it here because it seemed the right thing to do.

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='27 September 2009 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1254042922' post='42847']
too many drachs ingame already
[/quote]

What Liberty is saying is true. Why don't you want to create this ... new creature as helper ... for another type of creatures like ... Priests or water elements or, why not, for barren souls.

[quote]This creature is brand new, it has never been thought of before and if it is created its abilities should be a suprise[/quote]
I get what you're saying here, i do, but how would the crature being implemented if only you know the stats for it? the community needs to be able to see what stats you would put on it, so that they can say if they think it's too strong / already implemented, or some other comment

I did not say i should be the only one who knows what it can do, i said that it should be a suprise, as in nobody knows how it will work or what it can do precisly.
On a different note I was thinking that to gather materials we can have a massave player scavenger hunt, i want to get as many people involved as possible.

this lad came up with something i had in mind long ago... if you could have a companion, like a horse(mount option, of course, companion-friends as well, like dogs... cats... etc), thats not involved in combat, but still somehow there to be seen... and i guess inventory item wouldnt do, cause living beings aren't for inventory...
any suggestions maybe how could it be done?

A clock work drachorn coud be an easy to obtain rather weaker creature, I dont have anything in mind stats wise but I think a truely Random ability would be quite interesting as its a man made creature it could do a variety of things make it be able to randomly pick what it does and targets when the battle starts eg, lifesteal, weaken, haotic strikes, damage, burn, heal and so forth it would make for a rather interesting creature.