Forum Alts

Akasha

I was thinking at this for a very long time. The forum is being atacked by alts.

You make an account on forum to speak, give opinions,vote on polls and help in taking decisions.
Having alts on forum is like having 1 person with the power of decision of 2-3-4 depending on how many alts.

I know some of you may use the same computer to enter in game or forum, therefor i kindly ask you to post in here the accounts that use the same computer and are not the same person. Not more then 2 !

As many of you know, my primary alt (I have one other) is Keith Moon, who does have an account on the forum. I rarely use him to post here, but may do so soon, with reference to Legend-Speaker-related matters. I do not *think* I have ever used keith's forum account to vote in polls or to affect the reputations of forum posters: at any rate, if I ever did, I certainly shan't do it again, because I can see the obnoxiousness and potential for abuse in such practices.

[b]Edit:[/b] [i]If the Keith Moon forum account needs to be removed, I have no problem with that.[/i]

Edited by Tarquinus

All the forum alts will be deleted. What can be done is to change your forum name, and add the alts name in it, eg: ' [url="../../index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=2550"]Amoran Kalamanira Kol[/url] '.

PS: please do not start posting in here 'do not erase my alt' or 'i don't think' but the exact names of users that share same pc/ip not more then 2 and the request for user name change.

Thank you

[quote name='Akasha' date='02 October 2009 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1254466256' post='43500']
I was thinking at this for a very long time. The forum is being atacked by alts.

You make an account on forum to speak, give opinions,vote on polls and help in taking decisions.
Having alts on forum is like having 1 person with the power of decision of 2-3-4 depending on how many alts.

I know some of you may use the same computer to enter in game or forum, therefor i kindly ask you to post in here the accounts that use the same computer and are not the same person. Not more then 2 !
[/quote]

I post on this Forum as *Sagewoman* and as Falen Angel. Sage is the main account and Falen is the alt.

• Root Admin

At the moment the current idea is to remove the accounts but keep them inactive i believe

But we can also merge the accounts so all posts on both accounts are attributed to one and then the other would be removed, Would perhaps anyone prefer that?

some people care for quality instead of quantity...

anyways, getschi has most likely been registerd with the same ID as me, but he hardly uses the forums, and i'm not sure if he ever posted anything, so please delete him instead of me XD

[quote name='Chewett' date='04 October 2009 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1254649584' post='43660']
At the moment the current idea is to remove the accounts but keep them inactive i believe

But we can also merge the accounts so all posts on both accounts are attributed to one and then the other would be removed, Would perhaps anyone prefer that?
[/quote]

I believe that I would. Wynken was my first character here and has a great deal of posts, but I consider Malaikat to be my main and would like to retain this account.