Creature Description Contest

Grido

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some of you may be aware, I collect creatures, not for fighting, just for having. And as some of you are also aware, many of the currently released creatures do not have a description on them. I will hold a contest for the best descriptions submitted.

I will give entries marks for two things, the first being quantity, the second quality.

Quantity will be a straight, 1 point per description.
Quality will be marked out of 10, minimum per entry that I accept is 3/10 (any less I ignore) so that people don't just send one liners for every undescribed creature and get loads of points for it.

Submissions should have a title that clearly indicates the creature and the level the creature is.

I will get a few others to help with the marking, and average the score for each person. i.e. we each give a score for a player, which then gets added up and divided by the amount of people marking.

The person who gets the highest points will get a Gold coin & a shop Joker.
By donation of I am Bored, the winner will also get a 127 age Pimped Grasan, and a 250 age Tormented Soul.

By my count there are currently about 62 released creatures without descriptions, that number is counted from the different levels without descriptions.

Submissions to be made to; grido (at) ymail (dot) com

All submissions in by 1st December.

*This initial post may be updated without warning, so pay attention to it :P

LE - 28/11/09: As of this date there have only been 3 people who have submitted, for a [b][u]total[/u][/b] of 15 descriptions, and only half, if that, of them would i think actually worth giving points. So i have added a poll to see what you think, should i reward anyway? Should i delay the deadline so that more people might send in submissions? or should i just cancel it all? Please vote

Edited by Grido

lol

like part of the Aramor's description is;

"....Aramors are well known throughout the realm as they are one of the few entities that will aid anyone..."

Yes, i am talking about only the RELEASED creatures, the ones which don't have descriptions. Like Chewie said, like the Drachorn. There are about 62 that i know of.

this feels odd agreeing with Pip....

but yeah, part of the contest is finding out those without descriptions, if i wanted to make it easy for you i'd have listed the creatures

besides, keep looking till you hit 62, i know there are at least that many

I like this contest but this seems kinda skewed to older players. How many younger players know about all the creatures and how are they supposed to get access to them so they can come up with a good description that fits. Can there be some kind of sliding scale based on who does the description?

Well I like the idea of the contest very much, but in my opinion the reward is a joke (not a joker!). Doing Mur´s work and describing the creatures to gain a worthless (yes worthless!) gold coin and a joker. There are much more other contest which doesnt need that much time but with much higher reward potential. You, Grido, as a "powerplayer" should be ashamed to give out this little reward. It is a splendid contest, but not worth the work.

@teufel, if you read the descriptions that are out there currently, most of them dont have anything to do with how the creature attacks or whatever, it's just a little tale about where it came from or something, you dont need to know. I don't mind about you asking others for creatures which dont have descriptions, just i'm not going to tell you them. If i did a sliding scale, it'd mean that people would be quite likely to enter with young alts to have a higher chance of winning. So ask around for the creatures without descriptions, at the very least, the lvl 1 for each of the creatures is visible in the [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/forum/12-bestiary/"]Bestiary[/url] section of the forum, so that'll get you started.

@Black. I'm going to be slightly pedantic here. No, you're not doing Mur's work, first it's unlikely that the descriptions will get used in game, and second, (afaik) Mur didnt write any of the creature descriptions.
A Gold coin is not worthless....not sure how you figure it is...Joker, yes, that is to me, i have several and i keep trying to give them away :D
"powerplayer" ?
Also, dont you ever do quests for the sake of doing them? Rather than purely for the reward? Care not for the reward, do it for doing sake. ""some of us would do it for free""

[quote name='Grido' date='02 November 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1257184197' post='46419']
@Black. I'm going to be slightly pedantic here. No, you're not doing Mur's work, first it's unlikely that the descriptions will get used in game, and second, (afaik) Mur didnt write any of the creature descriptions.
A Gold coin is not worthless....not sure how you figure it is...Joker, yes, that is to me, i have several and i keep trying to give them away :D
"powerplayer" ?
Also, dont you ever do quests for the sake of doing them? Rather than purely for the reward? Care not for the reward, do it for doing sake. ""some of us would do it for free""
[/quote]

Let me just explain this. You are right, some quests are just fun and some are just hard and meaningles. This one is creative and I like stuff like this. But I expect from players like yours to give rewared somehow equal to your status ingame. And players like you do gather most creatures and items, wishpoints and stuff, so a worthless gold coin (yes it is worthless and it will always be because nobody wants to have them or trade for them!) and a jokers ...well like you mentioned yourself already. I love questing yes, but the time I have to spent should somehow be in balance with the reward.

Just my two cents

i know various people who use Gold in trading, i would also be happy to give 15 silver, since that is the market rate. Or is silver worthless too? And if nobody wants them, why are there so many about?

Status or no, i now have the same rewarding abilities as other players in game, so i can only grant the same rewards.

As a footnote, if other people want to add rewards, then i more than welcome it, feel free to also put conditions, or something for who gets it if you dont want the one with the most points to get it.

[quote]Submissions to be made to; grido (at) ymail (dot) com*[/quote]

any submissions on the thread itself wont get marked
also, if you can give me all descriptions at the same time then it would be helpfull.

*since Blackwood did it, and i dont have a ~strong~ objection to it, forum pm is also acceptable.