Trouble Logging Out

apophys

After being afk for a while at Berserker's Way, it didn't put me in idle mode. I logged out, intending to go to my alt, but when I hit the back button it returned me to the game. I repeated this; same thing.

Then I logged out again and opened a new tab (straight to http://magicduel.com/layout.php ; it always redirects to the login screen when you're not logged in); I was again returned to the game. At this point, I was greatly amused. I opened a new tab, repeating this.
Fortunately, I hit upon the multiple windows message, and successfully logged out from there.

I have not been able to repeat this.

Edited by apophys

Yes, this keeps happening to me, as well. I go idle (i think) and then when I come back after hours, it doesn't take me to the log in page, but to the story page and there is an error in the triggers.
It says:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/box.activespells.php on line 4

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/box.activespells.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user REMOVED (using password: NO) in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/box.activespells.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/box.activespells.php on line 12
Access denied for user REMOVED (using password: NO)"

Even after clearing cache, killing cookies and all that stuff, it won't take me to the log in page.

Edited by Chewett
removed a few things from error

past couple days, i've logged out (not idle) and when i've returned, usually over 6 hours later, and click go to the layout screen, i dont have to enter password, just logs me straight in.*

*on the other hand, i just logged out to check this, and had to log back in properly.

I used to experience this with FF (for more than a year or so), and then suddenly it stopped a few months ago. I think it might be an FF thingy because I experience something similar on other sites as well. Although, since pamps experienced it with IE, I'm not so sure anymore..

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

About a quarter of the time I log out and click the log in again button it brings me straight back into the game as if I was idle.

I am sure I am clicking the log out button and not the idle button because every time it brought me back into the game on this account I repeated the process around 10 times making sure I was actually hitting the log out button.

Eventually it stopped and hasn't happened again to me since very early this morning

[quote name='Eon' date='28 July 2010 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1280262435' post='64677']
About a quarter of the time I log out and click the log in again button it brings me straight back into the game as if I was idle.

I am sure I am clicking the log out button and not the idle button because every time it brought me back into the game on this account I repeated the process around 10 times making sure I was actually hitting the log out button.

Eventually it stopped and hasn't happened again to me since very early this morning
[/quote]
If you are on IE I have noticed this as well, it is related to cookies.
Log out, clear cache, then go to log in and it will let you use the form to change accounts ;)

I like to use [url="http://magicduel.com/authentication.php?ln=&redir=/layout.php&rs=cof"]this[/url], as it takes you directly to the login page, no matter if you're playing at the time, or have just logged out, or whatever (at least in my experience)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...