Game integration of the PRINCIPLES

• Root Admin

The will be used as base knowledge for Magic. Dont expect too much of an interface or interactivity for this. They will be more like points that you gather for each principle depending on what you do and your location on the map. Each magic skill you can have has a cost based on principles (something like mana in other games, except this is knowledge not energy).

They will appear in the personal profile page. Each player will discover only a limited number of principles equal to his mindpower value.

Magic will be implemented after the beta test will proove the game is stable. Principle points gathering will be available sooner as they can influence other skills also.

Also i am planing to post them on the site, like a library as i consider them as general knowledge ...whoever wants to know can read about it.....whoever wants to know more ...has to play :P

Magic related texts except the principles won't be public available...maybe some teasing info only.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to chose which principle I want in the game,but euhm how do I chose it? I clicked like a dozen times and nothing happens, and if I close/continue the page I'll probably won't be able the chose 2 principles the next time? :P

Please save me from the terrible dilemma :P

• Root Admin

once you click the principle name it should remain the only one on the page and a continue button should appear, once this happens everything is fine. Actualy once the continue button appears its OK.

if you dont get the continue button it means something is wrong and i will ask what browser are you using.

once you click the principle name it should remain the only one on the page and a continue button should appear, once this happens everything is fine. Actualy once the continue button appears its OK.

if you dont get the continue button it means something is wrong and i will ask what browser are you using.

The rest didn't disappear the first time and i just hit continue without knowing which one i selected but the second time went normal :P

btw Am i the only one having difficulties with that blue stamina potion? I can keep on clicking it but i never disappear nor do i get the extra action points i'm using internet explorer

• 1 month later...

OMG! the principles are a pain in my az! to much reading and i dont even understand what it means! i mean i get whats it saying, but how do they relate to this game? like the principle of darkness and all the principles. I was pretty much clueless so i just picked random principles. :)

• Root Admin

:) well since they are not used right now, and will be used in beta when the magic will come up, i say don't worry so much.

all of you try to see numbers and branches and have a good picture of what everything does, ..try to see the principles more intuitively ...if you feel like cyclicity sounds cool, pick it, if you feel like syntropy sounds bad don't pick it.

They are very well explained, IF you don't try to relate them to the game. The descripton is not related to the game. the things that they will do will respect these principles.

Invisibility for example, respects the darkness principle, the lack of light.

i know, this is not for kids, but better like this thant bullshit fantasy texts related to nothing real..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
...They are very well explained, IF you don't try to relate them to the game. The descripton is not related to the game. the things that they will do will respect these principles.

Invisibility for example, respects the darkness principle, the lack of light.

i know, this is not for kids, but better like this thant bullshit fantasy texts related to nothing real..

... That's exactly the kind of logic of this game that make me like it so much... :)

• 4 months later...

So, I know that principles are still a while off of being added into the game but one thing I was wondering was how they were going to flow together. As it stands now, from what I was reading on them while going through the process ingame, Darkness Principle, Elemental Principle and Principle of Illusion will result in a very very powerful combination at the later stages of the game. None of the others seemed to share this kind of likeness with one another based upon the text written for them.

Also, Manu if I may be brave enough to offer up an idea, throwing the descriptions into a more paragraphed style will make it easier to read instead of just a wall of text. <.<

as far as i understand it, each combination of principles will be able to produce a powerfull spell, when integrated of course, they will however each have a different resulting effect

• 1 month later...

I thought it was kind of fun choosing blindly. I understood that it would eventually influence magic I might get. I chose randomly a bit, but I can stand behind my choices. I'm imaginitive cyclic light or some such, how much more fun could it be. I'm still not sure what they will do, but I'm convinced I've chosen wisely.

I wonder if this could be kind of and ink blot/personality test for the folks around here. With little to no knowledge of the consequences, what did you pick and why? Were you really utterly random?

The descriptions of the principle are long, but that is perhaps because there is no simple way to describe them. I use all of the principles in my daily life and have for a long time. However, in forcing myself to read and attend to the whole texts I learned things I had not known and saw new ways to apply the principles in my life and in the game.

Life is an ongoing process. Everything is evolving, in transition. Failure to change, to grow, remaining static is equivalent to death. Change must be embraced. The principles are like the laws of physics. They describe the way the processes interact and evolve. It is all one process; with our limited perception and consciousness we perceive it as many processes.

In the game we may go to zero vitality, but we do not die as in other games, rather we transition from active to passive, waxing to waining. We are the butterfly's egg. Our vitality grows and we heal ourselves by healing our aspects, our creatures. We emerge from that larval stage to emerge as butterflies and interact with and fertilize/pollinate the world. Our life might be long-ish or spectacularly short. The apparent corpse is the seed of the next cycle.

The hardest thing for me at the beginning is having to choose only three principles. I wish I could jump to the future and see how my choices would affect both what I could do and how I would do it.

It should be kept in mind that precisely the same effect may be obtained by different applications of the principles. They are nothing more than aspect of the world seen and unseen, real and imagined. As a student of shamanism and Taoism it all seems obvious to me. What amazes me is to find a game where these principles are incorporated in the game to such a degree.

• 4 weeks later...
The descriptions of the principle are long, but that is perhaps because there is no simple way to describe them. I use all of the principles in my daily life and have for a long time. However, in forcing myself to read and attend to the whole texts I learned things I had not known and saw new ways to apply the principles in my life and in the game.

Life is an ongoing process. Everything is evolving, in transition. Failure to change, to grow, remaining static is equivalent to death. Change must be embraced. The principles are like the laws of physics. They describe the way the processes interact and evolve. It is all one process; with our limited perception and consciousness we perceive it as many processes.

In the game we may go to zero vitality, but we do not die as in other games, rather we transition from active to passive, waxing to waining. We are the butterfly's egg. Our vitality grows and we heal ourselves by healing our aspects, our creatures. We emerge from that larval stage to emerge as butterflies and interact with and fertilize/pollinate the world. Our life might be long-ish or spectacularly short. The apparent corpse is the seed of the next cycle.

The hardest thing for me at the beginning is having to choose only three principles. I wish I could jump to the future and see how my choices would affect both what I could do and how I would do it.

It should be kept in mind that precisely the same effect may be obtained by different applications of the principles. They are nothing more than aspect of the world seen and unseen, real and imagined. As a student of shamanism and Taoism it all seems obvious to me. What amazes me is to find a game where these principles are incorporated in the game to such a degree.

Wow......and i really mean wow i agree with that,the principles are soo complex and in this game it takes form that i cant even imagine what ways it can interfere since they rule over md world,its like playing god,this game mainly reminds me of some religions like the Old Religion and Shamanism like Calyx said.

• 11 months later...

These principles are complex, interesting, and at the same time blatantly simple.

I can align myself with four principles very naturally (transposition, darkness, imagination, and syntropy,) and can accept two others easily (balance and cyclicity.)

There's only one problem...

After playing this game for a week or so, I read through this topic (I had already read through and thought on the principles,)

And realized I'd been going about story mode entirely the wrong way.

I'd forgotten to CHOOSE principles.

Is this sufficient reason to stop using my current account and create a new one?

Any recommendations on what to do?

• 10 months later...

hmmm... I picked my principles starting from one which i thought best reflects me, the others i picked so that they are related to the first, in some way or another, but i have one question, when do spells start working???