4 Wp Creature

Udgard

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There already is a WP obtainable creature, the ghost joker which only costs 1 WP. It is (if I remember correctly) unlocked once you have spent 2-3 other wishpoints in the shop.

There are several "creature" ideas floating around for new creatures. I guess I am unsure why making it linked to WPs is a draw, but I am all for new creatures in MD and making things more interesting and diverse.

So what are the creature abilities that this creature would have?

Cutler

Unless it has been changed since implementation, the Dream Mutation Joker has a requirement of 1 spent WP to unlock, and itself costs 1 WP. I mentioned it in my previous post.

[quote name='Nex' date='06 December 2009 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1260115513' post='49301']
it should be obvious why the creature [i]has to be[/i] untradable in this setup. and [b]even if the 4 wp idea gets scraped[/b]: a useful, wp-obtainable, tradeable creature would increase the incentive of using alts as multi-solvers for wp quests or to abuse the age based wp (if it gets implemented). depending on the exact setup and powers, i'd even suggest making it one-per-account, untradable.

the overall idea is a really nice one, but personally i'd be in favor of a slightly lower wp cost.
[/quote]

My humble opinion is that no creatures should be untradeable. If the conditions for recruiting need to be changed as to be less limiting, so be it.
Having unlimited stock and no WP cost for each creature eliminates the incentive for alt abuse.

Jokers are useless, so it's okay. But a useful creature would prompt abuse, yes. This is why I am against having a WP cost for each creature. Put a high spent-WP requirement and either 1 or 0 WP cost to actually be able to get them, and just recruit them normally on the map, or even through the wish shop for no cost (maybe for 125 AP :P ).

I'm personally leaning to: 4-6 spent WP requirement to unlock, free purchase of each from the wish shop, unlimited stock.

Now tell us about the creature. :P

Edited by apophys

• Root Admin

[quote name='apophys' date='07 December 2009 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1260170834' post='49362']
Jokers are useless, so it's okay. But a useful creature would prompt abuse, yes. This is why I am against having a WP cost for each creature. Put a high spent-WP requirement and either 1 or 0 WP cost to actually be able to get them, and just recruit them normally on the map, or even through the wish shop for no cost (maybe for 125 AP :P ).

I'm personally leaning to: 4-6 spent WP requirement to unlock, free purchase of each from the wish shop, unlimited stock.

[/quote]

Are you joking? and how many wishpoints have you spent?

Free to purchase unlimited stock? so this creature would be rare similar to the tormented souls, so anyone who can get them would make massive profits

These two facts make me feel you have 4-6 spent wishpoints so you can capitilise on it. And Ud pointed out it would be powerful, so this just makes it even more unbelievable you suggested this

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I was pretty much saying they should be like Tormented Souls, just with a far higher spent WP cost to unlock.

If it's too powerful for being in unlimited (or high, though limited) stock, then it shouldn't be implemented at all until it's balanced. It would just make a new elite of the WP-endowed.

I have 3 spent WP and own a 4th (the last thing I bought was TS access, in order to sell them). Clever wookie. :)

Edited by apophys

• 2 months later...

[quote]Selling WP is indeed illegal. A while ago RJ had a quest to trade 2 drachs for a WP to help reduce the overpopulation of drachs. Although, I think if there was a drach in the WP shop for 1 or 2 WP, many will want to buy it. I dunno about uniqueness, it is a paradox that the more unique something is, more people will want it and make it less unique..[/quote]

yea that only worked one way and nobody did that anyways. there are already exclusive wp only creatures, so i do not see the point of this topic... Is it to try to get a godlike creature?

I voted 'yes'. Miraculously, just after i've read the Mur statement on 'salads' (concerning AL). He doesn't like salads. Salads are good, they are healthy, usually. MD is one of the biggest salads out there. That's what is also good about MD. And WishPoints are the grinded pepper dust. Everybody likes some peppers in their salad.

For the most part, ingredients in the salad ain't fatal , so having them in is better than not having them at all. It's a salad after all.

Unbearably spicy to eat? Blow some pepper off of them tomatoes.

[quote name='apophys' date='06 December 2009 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1260075130' post='49271']
Untradeable?... Absolutely not. There should be no untradeable creatures.
[/quote]

[quote name='apophys' date='07 December 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1260170834' post='49362']
My humble opinion is that no creatures should be untradeable.
[/quote]
There is already an Untradeable creature, the Morph Creature (once it Morphs)

This definitely has to be made Untradeable from the sound of it, it's not like the TS.