More Spell Rewards Sources?

Jubaris

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My idea is giving alliances higher purpose for some members instead of "just a badge next to your name", giving them more personal goals, for ideas can live on without the status of an alliance. This is just a suggestion on one of the options, and please discuss it open-minded, I would like to hear opinion of other people, what do they think alliances mean, and so on.

How about alliance leaders get the ability to reward low/middle quality spells (like one of the first branches from protector spells, 1 spell type per alliance? I dont know... just an idea) to its members, limited number, perhaps proportional to the size of the alliance? the leader would also be able to take away the ability, and give it to someone else (for example in case of inactivity of the rewarded player)
This perhaps involve some work by Mur and not plausible for now, but it can be simplified with your suggestions I hope.

Also, maybe not every alliance should get that ability at the start... maybe it should prove its worth in time by doing its purpose... or by doing its role earning the right to take it to easier level with spell rewards related to its role...

Maybe this is not needed if Kings or perhaps future factions would have similar ability... Just a random idea I wanted to share

I think Kings will have the ability to give out certain spells as rewards for players, they would likely be land-specific spells rather than protector ones like you were talking about though. So if you kept track of how long members had been in the alliance(actively) then they could be rewarded based on that?

no, me thinks that's too easy...

ally-leaders didn't come to that position by mere coincidence, but are usually pretty good at what they are doing, so they are very likely to get fresh WPs from Mur every now and then, which are not bound to questing-rewards, but can also be given out for good things done for the ally

this looks like you wanted a neverending rewards source like spell-docs so you can give people a reward for all kinds of bs, like... 'oh, you wrote a nice ally-page, have a cook... eh... spell', 'you recruited 3 new members, here's your spell'...

yes Grido, that would be also great in my opinion, that spell rewards should have a "time spent in alliance" requirement, thats one of the options.

Burns, no, not neverending, I said they should be very limited, probably proportional to the size of the alliance. Like for example Caretakers with few members atm would get (if they get any cause the alliance is new) probably just one spell to reward, only one spell level... But CoE which has 25 members, should get... I dunno... 5? Or maybe not more of the spells, but more of the spell levels, spells that are suitable for them.

that's actually not really a limitation, is it?
alts, friends, newbies, inactives... you can always fill up an ally to full seats in a day, and then those spells would go to each and every 'real' member...

hard-limit to 1-2? fine, 2 special spell-casters (heal, attack, def, curse, maybe even something stronger like freeze or holy-army) in an ally might be a nice addition to the concept, but a limit that increases with members is no limit imo, it just adds to the inflation of membership...

there could also be RP-spells given with one cast for special missions, like actual invisibility, locate, maybe a teleportation, but i don't think that it's a good idea to give more spells/spellcasters to an ally just because they are bigger, the abuses are insane :/

yes you're right... It opens much too space for abusing. Spells proportional to the size of the alliance is not good. But that was just an idea to automate things, perhaps if Mur would rate alliances on his own...
Anyway the goal is to bring more spell sources in the game except of the WP shop and getting rewarded by Mur (which i get its almost impossible now?), or mp6/LHO (but LHO spells aren't that effective with that 5/casting/per 2 weeks and there is not enough people to make a good number of mp6s), and why not establish it within alliances? Like I said, it would make them better and more appealing to players.
But yes, Kings should have the ability to reward land-based-spells as well. The more the merrier :P But if only king have that amount of ability to reward in realm with no one else except Mur, that would concentrate people on the lands, and the individualism of alliances would fade...

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' date='04 December 2009 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1259912074' post='49074']
this looks like you wanted a neverending rewards source like spell-docs so you can give people a reward for all kinds of bs, like... 'oh, you wrote a nice ally-page, have a cook... eh... spell', 'you recruited 3 new members, here's your spell'...
[/quote]

Im going to be cynical and agree with Burns

It seems like you just want more spells when you can get spells easily

Mur gives Kings wishpoints
Wishpoints get given out for rewards or to reward people
they spend the wishpoints any way they like
which can get them spells

This works fine, so why should alliances be able to give out spells? to me this who idea sounds like you just want more spells and dont want to work for them

The only flaw in the link is that you need to work for spells, Which is someone that if you were in an alliance who could give them, wouldnt necessarily be the case.

My main question is, whats wrong with the current spell distrobution? you get what you work for, So some will work for it and get spells and some wont.

no no, being cynical, you missunderstood my intentions.

I dont need more spells... except few more for fun and RP, I am mp6 with full level of spells, what I wanted is to reward, or just have the ability to reward my most trusted members in the Church, the ones who are most identified with it, and figured the other alliance would benefit from this as well (its a win win! :))
It would also moralize members to look upon the alliance more, and strengthening alliance roles. And its just an idea, like I said, please no flaming (in my opinion, being cynical is part of the flaming... so be constructive and reject my idea so I don't feel offended :D)

Just one question:if only the leader is allowed to give out spells what happens if the leader is overthrown or the ally is taken over?
Should the current leader lose the ability and the new one gain it?

I was kinda hoping you all would work on the idea :D
I don't know, maybe leaders should keep the power (ability transfered to current ally leaders) so they can pass it on when they feel they are no longer needed in charge, or if they going away from the game...
But I think ally "leader system" should be changed, I dont like this thing based on loyalty... But I can't expect it to be changed anytime soon, with all this things going on and being implemented. The options are limitless

What you suggest is applicable only to Role Leaders. For the rest it doesn't. And it doesn't because for allies there MUST be a way to remove the current leader.

Personally I do not like the idea of leaders being able to give spells. It's waaay to abusable and there are other ways of getting spells.

indeed, but like I said, spells shouldn't be of great quality, something simple, but yet useful for the alliance roles.

there are other ways, but involve a lot of work, but mostly luck (if you're counting on Mur's reward)

There should be more ways to obtain a spell, an original one specially (use combinations or whatever? anyway, its offtopic so just ignore)

Ah! There's an idea I like:maybe there should be a way for ally leaders to gain customized spells. Similar to item creation. And WPs can be used as currency. Remember that WPs are not awarded only for quests but also for remarkable things. If the leader of an ally or the hole ally does/do something really good* maybe the King/Queen of the land the ally belongs to can grant the leader a customized spell(based on leader's wish and also if the spell is not something absurd).

*and here I can give as example the current Loreroot Fall Festival.

Edited by dst

Offtopic:
[quote]...but LHO spells aren't that effective with that 5/casting/per 2 weeks...[/quote]Princ your spell totals aparently didnt get fixed, LHO's should have 50 casts of each of their LHO spells, if any LHO's do not have this, please message me