Sing It Like An...air Scout?

(Zl-eye-f)-nea

Asterdai's first draft - XD You made me giggle because you were giggling.

Totenkopf - :)) "Those...ball thingies." xD I liked yours, the lyrics were creative and funny.

Sagewoman and Windy - ....golden bursts. *cough* >.>

I am Bored - Now, at first you sound like you should be hosting a Christmas special and the singing was fun!

Dante Falcon - It isn't so bad! Besides, I bet you secretly had fun with the project.

MasterB - AAAHHH! Its going to eat me!

Yoshi - Smile! Dang it, smile! SMMMIIIILLLEE.

Shadowseeker - ;) I liked the accent.

[quote name='Grim Angel' date='23 December 2009 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1261578396' post='50894']
Enjoy it... I know I didn't having to sing it [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM_EXBBQuYM"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OM_EXBBQuYM[/url]
[/quote]

Very nice, Ledah. I turned my volume up because you were singing softly...still couldn't hear it all. Would you post your words for me please? My kingdom for a darn hearing aide! lol

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='22 December 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1261506335' post='50844']
Huh? I can download it fine myself, so I'm not sure what your trouble is. (Yes, I confirmed by dling it myself)
[/quote]

I don't want to download things to my computer, it will only slow it down. Can you post yours to youtube? Pleeeaaasssseee?

Here's my entry, due to limited time (yeah, not much time for me today) and intentional plan of not finishing the lyrics till tomorrow... (If you listen you'll hear why) The file isn't compressed (aka, it's 35 MB, sorry for the ppl out there with slow internet download limits, etc.) And today I have a cold... So I'm afraid the singing ain't up to any standard either (not that it's any good when I'm in perfect health :P)

[url="http://www.2shared.com/file/10212588/8738020a/11_days_till_murmas.html"]Download link[/url] It's at the bottom right "click here"

Well, enjoy

~Obs

PS Happy X-mas everyone :)

I wrote my lyrics, but I seem not to have time to record it today. Argh!

I do the 1st 5 days, then jump to day 12. :P

On the _th day of Christmas, I'd like to thank MD
for:
a tree at the GoE, snow on the Christmas tree, presents under the tree, poor thirsty Bob the tree, token on an old tree, Air Scout on a Walking Tree
2 Winderwilds, Willow guards (x2), LR guards (x2)
3 wish points
400 honor
5 NIGHTSHADE LEAVES!!! ("Ho, ho, ho", then Santa smokes something, then "Ho, ho, ho...". Tribute to the "12 drugs of christmas" by the Mushroom Tab. Choir)
6-creature rituals
700 wins
8 silver coins
the 9th Alpha stage
10-minute regen
11 active months
12 wins to bursting

Edited by apophys

I will be getting myself some judges to help me pick the winners etc so you're guna have to just be a little patient what with it being the holidays and all...

seeing as you were all so good as to do this contest, I thought I would make a submission in salute to you all...yes we were drunk.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCwXLi_h2HY"]Frederika sings it like an Air Scout[/url]

On the first day of Christmas I thought that I could see
Mur blowing up the GOE

On the second day of Christmas I checked what it could be
No GOE
But some music and a funky Tree

On the Third day of Christmas went shopping in MD
Pimped out my Grassans
Ate lots of candy
Got a friend for my Bloodpact Lucy

On the Fourth day of Christmas I sat with Bob the Tree
We watched the helpers
Helping the noobies
Pete nearly bit one
But he stopped cuz he’s friends with MasterB

On the Fifth day of Christmas I saw my friend FC
He said you spend
Too much time sleeping
Then he hit me
With lots of pebbles
And I fell over trying hard to flee

On the Sixth day of Christmas I went to see Windy
At her pub
But she wasn’t there
Stole all her Mead
and all her vodka
and all her beer…
and I hid it all where she can’t see

On the Seventh day of Christmas there was a contest spree
People were posting
Links everywhere
Snowmen were built
Songs were created
Eye spy frustrated
Winners elated
For their contest related victory

On the Eighth day of Christmas spent time with GoB
Saluted Yoshi
Blackwood was dancing
Like John Travolta
Peace was all Golden
Which was distracting
Phantasm smoked
On his pipe
and made a clown trap for DST

On the Ninth day of Christmas some noob was pestering me
What is a shade
Why can’t I buy that
How do I fight
What’s with this Bull
That guy attacked me
This isn’t fair
I need a Mod
What is a Mur
So I sent to Sagewoman for some Tea

On the Tenth day of Christmas we got a snow clickie
Everybody paniced
In case we got
Stuck in the snow
Udgard would have to
Make loads of shovels
Lets hope its not too slippy
So we do not trippy
On our MD bums
At least we’ll have some rum
Then we’ll drink and get as pissed as…Mur.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas went to the aramoury
But they’d sold out…

On the Twelfth day of Christmas they were presents under the Tree
Music surrounding
Mur was confounding
Snow balls a-pounding
Granos got a little tipsy
Drank too much whiskey
Called Mur a Gipsy
Mur responded quickly
With his mighty pinky
Flicked him up the stinky
He found himself implanted
Unpleasant that is granted
Upon the top of the Tree

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='26 December 2009 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1261835002' post='51103']
I will be getting myself some judges to help me pick the winners etc so you're guna have to just be a little patient what with it being the holidays and all...

seeing as you were all so good as to do this contest, I thought I would make a submission in salute to you all...yes we were drunk.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCwXLi_h2HY"]Frederika sings it like an Air Scout[/url]

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Ok then....Ailith and myself have gone through your videos and meandered and squabbled and here are the results...

1 - MasterB
2 - Asterdai
3 - Shadowseeker

Best Lyrics - Totenkopf
Best 5 gold rings screaming - Yoshi
Best Video - Dante Falcon
Most likely to make your ears bleed - I am Bored

I have also had a couple of donations from Ledah and Ailith that will go to Sage and Windy for the most christmas cheer.

But...thats not all....

In recogition of having the best hair in all the lands, I personally shall award Ledah one Gold Coin.

I will send a silver coin to Keith, Observer and Shantu.

Guys, this contest was a blast, thanks for the laughs and the grinning.
MasterB, please PM me your choice from the 3 crits from Mur so I can PM Astrdai and then Shadow and then Mur.

Z

Well your second entry was taken into consideration...but all it would have won was the best elevator music award category, which we decided not to create lol.

Z

ed- and yes I wish I had your hair Le Dah :D

Edited by (Zl-eye-f)-nea

[quote name='Asterdai' date='24 December 2009 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1261677435' post='50966']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp94UmfvdCA"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Kp94UmfvdCA[/url]

Yay its my video [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img] done earlier when everyone went out to the pub!

xx
[/quote]

OI!!!! What's wrong with my smooches?

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='26 December 2009 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1261835002' post='51103']

On the first day of Christmas I thought that I could see
Mur blowing up the GOE

On the second day of Christmas I checked what it could be
No GOE
But some music and a funky Tree

On the Third day of Christmas went shopping in MD
Pimped out my Grassans
Ate lots of candy
Got a friend for my Bloodpact Lucy

On the Fourth day of Christmas I sat with Bob the Tree
We watched the helpers
Helping the noobies
Pete nearly bit one
But he stopped cuz he's friends with MasterB

On the Fifth day of Christmas I saw my friend FC
He said you spend
Too much time sleeping
Then he hit me
With lots of pebbles
And I fell over trying hard to flee

On the Sixth day of Christmas I went to see Windy
At her pub
But she wasn't there
Stole all her Mead
and all her vodka
and all her beer…
and I hid it all where she can't see

On the Seventh day of Christmas there was a contest spree
People were posting
Links everywhere
Snowmen were built
Songs were created
Eye spy frustrated
Winners elated
For their contest related victory

On the Eighth day of Christmas spent time with GoB
Saluted Yoshi
Blackwood was dancing
Like John Travolta
Peace was all Golden
Which was distracting
Phantasm smoked
On his pipe
and made a clown trap for DST

On the Ninth day of Christmas some noob was pestering me
What is a shade
Why can't I buy that
How do I fight
What's with this Bull
That guy attacked me
This isn't fair
I need a Mod
What is a Mur
So I sent to Sagewoman for some Tea

On the Tenth day of Christmas we got a snow clickie
Everybody paniced
In case we got
Stuck in the snow
Udgard would have to
Make loads of shovels
Lets hope its not too slippy
So we do not trippy
On our MD bums
At least we'll have some rum
Then we'll drink and get as pissed as…Mur.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas went to the aramoury
But they'd sold out…

On the Twelfth day of Christmas they were presents under the Tree
Music surrounding
Mur was confounding
Snow balls a-pounding
Granos got a little tipsy
Drank too much whiskey
Called Mur a Gipsy
Mur responded quickly
With his mighty pinky
Flicked him up the stinky
He found himself implanted
Unpleasant that is granted
Upon the top of the Tree
[/quote]

AHA! YOU SNEAKY BAS****! I EXPECT TO BE FULLY COMPENSATED FOR THAT BOOZE! XD
I wish your video was a wee bit clearer...luckily you wrote the words...flicked him up the stinky? Oo?

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='26 December 2009 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1261862707' post='51145']
Ok then....Ailith and myself have gone through your videos and meandered and squabbled and here are the results...

1 - MasterB
2 - Asterdai
3 - Shadowseeker

Best Lyrics - Totenkopf
Best 5 gold rings screaming - Yoshi
Best Video - Dante Falcon
Most likely to make your ears bleed - I am Bored

I have also had a couple of donations from Ledah and Ailith that will go to Sage and Windy for the most christmas cheer.

But...thats not all....

In recogition of having the best hair in all the lands, I personally shall award Ledah one Gold Coin.

I will send a silver coin to Keith, Observer and Shantu.

Guys, this contest was a blast, thanks for the laughs and the grinning.
MasterB, please PM me your choice from the 3 crits from Mur so I can PM Astrdai and then Shadow and then Mur.

Z
[/quote]

well, seeing as my entry was the best rated in the thread and got the most positive comments, i obviously feel a bit cheated for not even getting the podium, but at least i got best lyrics, for inspiring so many :)

If you feel so cheated and want to know exactly why people were chosen then PM me in forum or in game. Personally...I feel a bit annoyed and I'm pretty disappointed you've chosen to post that comment, especially taking into consideration the other participants. Bad form.

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='29 December 2009 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1262040601' post='51313']
If you feel so cheated and want to know exactly why people were chosen then PM me in forum or in game. Personally...I feel a bit annoyed and I'm pretty disappointed you've chosen to post that comment, especially taking into consideration the other participants. Bad form.
[/quote]

nah, it's your contest mate, you can do whatever you please, it's not like you _have_ to take into account public opinion. i offer my apologies to any of the winners (and other contestants) annoyed by my comment, as it was not my intention to belittle others' submissions (which i thoroughly enjoyed), just voicing my opinion on the referee-ing, in the sacred tradition of spectator games, no need to get wound up about it.
as to "bad form", i suppose copying others' submissions in style or even content wouldn't count as such? far from me to go out yelling "j'accuse!", but still, going all eurovision on the contest was quite disappointing.

no worries, next year i'll just get some hair-styling tips from Ledah, and get a bigger crowd to shout for me, i'm sure that'll help immensely if i don't befriend the judges! :D

Edited by Totenkopf

Toten, your lyrics are awesome! I mean they are the best!
But MasterB had something in there....no idea what but I listen to his song a hole day and then the "5 golden coins" got stuck to my brain and I sing it even now. It's a catchy song :). I might say it's a commercial one. But this is what people are looking for. :) Not...Eminescu* :). And please don't feel offended by my words. My opinion in this is truly impartial.
And as a side note I must tell that I am very proud that both you and MasterB won something in this contest because you are romanians :D. Let us show Team Brit and the others that we can also do stuff :P. Bravo!

*for the ones who don't know...use google :P

[quote name='dst' date='29 December 2009 - 03:29 AM' timestamp='1262050159' post='51321']
Toten, your lyrics are awesome! I mean they are the best!
But MasterB had something in there....no idea what but I listen to his song a hole day and then the "5 golden coins" got stuck to my brain and I sing it even now. It's a catchy song :). I might say it's a commercial one. But this is what people are looking for. :) Not...Eminescu* :). And please don't feel offended by my words. My opinion in this is truly impartial.
And as a side note I must tell that I am very proud that both you and MasterB won something in this contest because you are romanians :P. Let us show Team Brit and the others that we can also do stuff :P. Bravo!

*for the ones who don't know...use google :)
[/quote]

thanks dst, i'm happy to hear that :)
and i do agree, MasterB's song totally prods buttocks (dunno if saying "kicks ass" is allowed :))
Yaaay Team Romania! :D

Toten...far be it for me to assume anything from your very obviously pointed words but...it would appear you are accusing me of favoritism...even though I wasn't the only judge, and I take that as slander no matter how nicely you want to wrap it up.

Like dst said, there was never any question you had the best lyrics, other than that, no. You had good lyrics and you just sang them, the winners did more than just that. They had videos, they dressed up, they did actions, they put emphasis where I asked it to be put, they stuck to the original song format, they had music...I could carry on. You won something, and yet here you are moaning you didnt get what you want. There are a million reasons the "public" voted your post green etc etc and it doesnt mean you were better than others. If you cant be bothered to PM me to find out why then I suppose you don't want to know and instead want to publically post something to get attention or to cause a public outcry on your behalf. As I said, bad form, not only that but now you want to carry it on.

I'd appreciate if someone would close this thread, the contest is over and if Toten wants to [insert word] about why he didnt win top 3 then he can start a new thread about how contests are judged or PM me like I asked him to, its not like Im hard to find.