Post Delivery Service In Md

Just starting a new topic, because the old one was about a bit other tought than it will be now.

I and a few others have tought of an idea of a delivery service in MD. Don't you think it's annoying that
Some quest givers can never be found, of that person who finally wants to sell you his reindrach is nowhere to be found?

All your problems will be solved with this feature!

there will be a certain place(yet to be made) where you can put up your request of delivery,(costing you action points) for a certain message to be send to someone. just put up ' message to lifeline,' send in the message and pay the action points. afterwards it iwll be possible for lifeline to go to the post office himself and pick it up, or that one of the official mail boys (special guild?) pick up your letter and bring it to lifeline, giving them a certain tribute(in action points?) for their delivery. also offcourse a nice guild and a nice medal for it or so, just something like that.

please put up your ideas where it should be, IF it should be and how it should work, thank you !

greetings, Orlando.

But that mail man wont be around all the time, also will he be the only one and indeed, not deliver everyone their posts.

and shadow, what about quest givers, or other people not in your friend list? would not be the first time I've seen someone posting 'where is ...., on the mood panel:)

and if it would be silver it would be to exspensive. I mean, like the seekers of enlightment help people find knowledge, these could help people connect with eachother. they shoulden't get a to high reward for this.

and also, not all will have to be delivered, everyone could go check the place time to time(exspecially quest givers) to see if the had mail of potential quest winners or so who coulden't find them because they are both in opposite time zones or so ..

Since I did mention the creation of special post ofice in that previous thread I demed it correct to suport this idea in here also.

1 silver for paying would be way to much and basicaly only new players would realy badly need a post office, so ap (maybe with combination of ve and vp) could be enaugh.

A postman for "big guys"? It might be, but new players or those who are not the "big guys" need this one.

A spell called localate? Is that a wp shop spell or something you get when you start playing? I for one dont know and I am very sure that none of those who starts to play this game has no idea about it.

This "function" could very well also be used only for mp3 that are seting the first steps into the game or maybe also for mp4.

The friendlist is handy, yes, but the space there is limited and you first need to aquire one so again. As second, friends list is for friends but sometimes you need to send a message to the one that you dont hold in such high reguard that you would want that person in your friends list...

Besides of that, a "building" as that would actualy made the world more real.

Anyhow, I wish to have a post office and I wished so as I first step in this world.

Thank you.

Edited by LadyDawn

okay, let's see...

It wouldn't be right to have an feature that gives you freedom to PM anyone, that's abusive, only people who sign up at the office can be PMed there (which would most probably also be easiest to code, since Rendril already mentioned he could do such a thing)

then, costs: it has to cost something for the user, not the one who gets messages through that office LOL
the people who leave their names at the office do so to make sure other people who need them, but never meet them, can send them messages, i used to do that by leaving traces in a place where nobody talks, but that didn't help much most of the time...
I think it would be a pretty interesting, and easy to code, 'cost' if you could only use the post office to leave a message for someone once every 12 hours, this avoids spamming and is enough reason to think twice before sending a message through it

and, when i talked about the messenger i was making a veteran-joke (MD-ish aequivalent to an insider-joke), of course that's codework, not an opportunity for people who have nothing to do with their lives to run around, scream 'have you seen..?' even more and even feel important when doing that LOL

I realy like the sugestions Burns has come with. :) And of course, it would be logical that the cost for sending a message using "post office" function should be payed by the one that sends the message not by the one that receives it.

It wouldn't be that hard to put in a cod feature.

Hmmm maybe I will make this feature today :)

Actually I have set up a Post Office at the gates to Marind Bell. Just click the signpost to use the Post Office.

To make it slightly less spammable, you need to know the players id to send them a message.

I might put in an advanced pay for service option later depending on whether people are interested in doing some more interesting things with this service.

Cheers,

Cutler

Edited by cutler121

Santa came twice this year! We have 2 Postal Offices!!!
Chew's has been publicly released and cutler's will probably be soon!
So, be careful what you wish for :P. It might just happen!

Thank you Chew! Thank you Cutler! Well done!!

Yup LOL,

The MD Astral Plane Post Office is now open.

You can send and receive messages from the
signpost at the gates of Marind Bell. Of course
the person you are sending the message to also
has to know to go check the post office.

Cheers,

Cutler

PS In the future it will be possible to add additional
features if people are interested. I envision a wanted
board where it will be possible to put up rewards for
criminals. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post
them here and I can add additional features to the MD
astral Post Office :P

This is good, Cutler, except I don't know people's ID.

The only easy for me to find out is to look at a PM of theirs... and if I have a PM... I can just reply.

It's useful for when you need to send a message to someone and don't know when or where to find them, but I sort of like the idea of a postmaster running all about the land looking for people. Ah well.

Awi

[quote name='awiiya' date='30 December 2009 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1262211388' post='51477']
This is good, Cutler, except I don't know people's ID.

The only easy for me to find out is to look at a PM of theirs... and if I have a PM... I can just reply.

It's useful for when you need to send a message to someone and don't know when or where to find them, but I sort of like the idea of a postmaster running all about the land looking for people. Ah well.

Awi
[/quote]

That may be true but this was intended to be used for people to get into contact with quest makers. In the quest topic all they have to do is add their ID and voila, you now have their ID to contact them if for some other reason you cannot. The only thing I don't like is that there is two post offices. I know that since there is two, it creates competition, both posts enhancing themselves to beat the other, but wouldn't it be better if there was just one Post Office? This way you don't have to keep checking both places and have it at one central location. I'd suggest merging both scripts (Cutlers into Chewett's) cause I like the simplicity and clean cut feeling of Chewett's, yet I like the Motto of Cutlers. :) Also, maybe in the name field you can also be able to put in the ID's of others?