Who Can Decide About Al?

Burns

Imo, people should have a kind-of equal chance to 'write' in AL, but with a slight preferance for rather active vets.

I think that it's only fair to always give a chance to the people directly involved, they should get at least a say in story, so each of them should have an answer reserved for them.

Apart from that, I'd say the first 100 people to take a look at the question (which will keep on appearing when you log on, i guess), alts blocked, can post their opinion, and the 50(-reserved spots) with the most active days of those get reviewed.

Obviously that prefers vets, so on top of that, each person can only have 3-4 choices in each chapter of the story, when those are used up, they don't even get to see the question.

Uhm, how about one person gets to see all the responses, and is able to remove the ones that are clearly joking/not appropriate, and combine the true answers into several possible outcomes. Then, they take the possibilities, and send them to Mur to be incorporated, therefore Mur only has to read several, instead of several hundred.

Edited by Yoshi

• Root Admin

But maybe a stupid suggestion is actualy unexpected enough and might be what i was lookign for. If someone will filter out opinions then that someone might start to remove those players that he/she dislikes too, disregarding their actual comment.

An intermediary is not good i think, better lets find some "score" that can separate players in those that can and those that cant participate. Active days do not show the actual involvement in current days but more like loyalty towards MD. Maybe there is a need for an other score.

What about wishpoints? or they are hard to get and should be at the end of the AL not at the beginning? Idk...

Purpose is to have under 50 form over 320 and keep those that are realy creative and interesting, but not exagerated with creativity.

Maybe the kingship voting score? what about that?..but its not updated constantly.

brainstorming.

Keywords.

Best method to filter things..bad thing is, you may filter out those wanted. Make them write one word only, and according to what kind of word it is they bundle..50x said light, 1x said winter or so. Limits the way of expression and complexity of the question though.

Even then, you can use the score system..for this word in the answer you get this point. Ofc, spammers get negative if you read them. The biggest issue is, that if you expect something, but someone has something else, also entirely legit, then the other solution is lost.

I think the biggest and easiest reduction to make is to search for duplicates. Of course people use different words for the same idea, but some sort of similarity function based on a dictionary might actually lead to a simple and quite efficient algorithm.

You might also get better results if people had access to the AL while the question is asked. I really did feel like I could do with refreshing my memory first.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='26 February 2010 - 02:47 PM' timestamp='1267217264' post='55343']
But maybe a stupid suggestion is actualy unexpected enough and might be what i was lookign for. If someone will filter out opinions then that someone might start to remove those players that he/she dislikes too, disregarding their actual comment.

An intermediary is not good i think, better lets find some "score" that can separate players in those that can and those that cant participate. Active days do not show the actual involvement in current days but more like loyalty towards MD. Maybe there is a need for an other score.

What about wishpoints? or they are hard to get and should be at the end of the AL not at the beginning? Idk...

Purpose is to have under 50 form over 320 and keep those that are realy creative and interesting, but not exagerated with creativity.

Maybe the kingship voting score? what about that?..but its not updated constantly.

brainstorming.
[/quote]

1. Make it anonymous, no name attached to comments(for the person who mediates)
2. Include a skip button if someone doesn't want to comment on the AL, because I saw a lot of "Ignore this" or ".", etc.
3. Include the ability to comment on previous entries that haven't been continued on yet, in case someone is busy or something

Don't make it mandatory. Put a link at the top of the AL column, only for those who want to help out. That will cut it dramatically, and will prevent useless entries.

Only pop it up automatically for people who have provided ideas, say, 3 times. Include a skip button.

(i.e. filter out people who don't care very much)

Order submissions by active days of the poster.

I agree that a mediator is a bad idea.

Edited by apophys

Here is a couple of cents worth of advice -

Veteran's (# of active days) get to write what they would like to see in AL (the setup for this past test would make this easy - just have to only allow certain players access to it), and then each path is voted on by everybody else (whether in-game or in forum).

Additionally, if there is a forum discussion for each leg of the AL, then we can all have fun bashing our brains together trying to figure it out and make sense of it :D

Just a thought.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='26 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1267226363' post='55363']
ITS NOT MANDATORY!
clicking the Tell / Continue button will "continue" regardless if you write something or not, i thought is obviousl because of the name of the button.
[/quote]

Nope it looked like you were required to write some kind of comment to continue. If there were a button labeled skip or no comment that would cut down on people just filling something in to move on.

Cutler

• Root Admin

[quote name='Master' date='26 February 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1267222848' post='55353']
We really need that NEW RPC system Mur was talking about he wants installed !

Having RPCs ( not as they were ) Is still needed, and not only on this choice matters but in others as well.
[/quote]

When did Mur mention "new RPC System" because what i think you are refereing to is already in effect...

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' date='26 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1267226335' post='55362']
Here is a couple of cents worth of advice -

Veteran's (# of active days) get to write what they would like to see in AL (the setup for this past test would make this easy - just have to only allow certain players access to it), and then each path is voted on by everybody else (whether in-game or in forum).

Additionally, if there is a forum discussion for each leg of the AL, then we can all have fun bashing our brains together trying to figure it out and make sense of it :)

Just a thought.
[/quote]

Naha! just letting the Vets decide makes the game boring. Most intresting ideas comes from new players that havent been tainted by inaction or by the thoughts that you cant really do anything with the storyline.

What you need is something like

10 random comments from the top 50 Active Days
10 random comments from alliance members
10 random comments from non alliance mp4/5
10 random comments from no groups
10 random comments from the top 20 highest "pointed" people (explained below)

basicly, firstly all the comments from the active days are put into a section, 10 are picked out,
Then all the alliance member comments will be picked out, and 10 are chosen and checked for no duliplicates against the first
and this continues until the 50 comments are picked out

If mur assigns a rating to each comment, there can be a fifth ranking of best ideas, so that some of the people with the best ideas will have a greater chance as there will be the final draw for good ideas people.

and also Phantom *cough* [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/forum/4-storyline/"]Game Storyline - Discussions about the game storyline. Help us decide[/url]

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='27 February 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1267226363' post='55363']
ITS NOT MANDATORY!
clicking the Tell / Continue button will "continue" regardless if you write something or not, i thought is obviousl because of the name of the button.
[/quote]

lol i didn't write anything because i thought i was supposed to write something after pressing the tell/continue button :)

• 2 weeks later...

well considering the story line I propose a new system to be incorporated though this one takes some work but will eventually stabilize. For the first while it will only be the people who are active like the first hundred or so because any more than that would be an overload for any one person to view seriously and to tell you the truth I think mur looking over 100 is insane by most of our standards and during elections you could write a whole page if you so choose to.
The responses are rated as they usually are in order to get the points. The points are tallied and an average is drawn from the results. From the average only those players are allowed to make a comment the higher the score the more often.
Example:
top 10% always get to comment.
top 40% comment 2/3 of the time.
lower 30% comment 1/2 of the time.
Lower 20% are randomly selected.

For new players entering the system they will be able to comment by random selection. You can obviously bury your self a grave but you can easily get out of it if you work at it. You do however have to have some knowledge of murs mind in order to get into the top 10%. So this may cause bias in the story it would obviously have to be tested before a full launch as this may cause a total exclusion of characters or some other unforeseen problems. If you have any concerns obviously I would like to hear them. We have to find a refined system that takes the human element out prior to being viewed.