How Is It Called?

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

How is it called that year when your birthday comes at the exact same week day as the day you were borned? I know it happens every several years or so, just a few times in your life but not at regular intervals.

I know it has a name but i forgot it and i wanted to google it for more details but i couldn't find any lead to start with.

Thnx

I don't recall ever hearing of that type of birthday having a specific name. I tried googling various terms though for about... an hour or so ;)

The only thing that I could find would be a Golden Birthday, which is when you have your 25th birthday when you were born on the 25th, etc.

I did find this though (not sure if it'll help :D ):

3: Is it true that everyone celebrate their 28th birthday on the same weekday on which they were born?

About 79 % of the people celebrate their 28th birthday on the weekday they were born. If you have already read the Babwani's Congruence especially pages 19-23 you would know the 5-6-11-6 cycle. Which means that your birthday falls on the same weekday of your birth in the cycle of 5 years, 6 years, 11 years and 6 years and again 5 years.... depending upon the type of year of your birth. Therefore, one can infer that one's birthday repeats on the same weekday of birth after 28 years. This takes place if the years follow the pattern of 1 leap year after every three non-leap years. (One in every four years)

But this cycle is obstructed by the Heap year. (Heap years are those years which is divisible by 100 but not divisible by 400 E.g. 1800, 1900, 2100, 2200, etc.) A Heap year though looks like a Leap year because of its divisibility by 4, does not have 29 days in February. Therefore if a person is born in the year 1887 will not have his/her 28th birthday on the same weekday of his/her birth. Because he/she goes across through the Heap year where one day (29th February 1900) was missing thus disturbing the entire 5-6-11-6 cycle.

Thus any one born on or in between 29 Feb 1872 to 28 Feb 1900 will not have his/her 28th birthday on the same weekday.

However, one born on or in between 1 Mar 1900 to 28 Feb 2172 will have his/her 28th birthday on the same weekday. This includes every one of us. Thus, for practical purposes (for this present time) we all (about 100 %) have our 28th birthdays on the same weekday of our birth. This is because 2000 was not a Heap year but a normal Leap year.

Edited by Yoshi

Wiki Answers[quote]The average is [b]once every 7 years[/b]. Depending on the occurence of leap years, some days of the week will not have occurred as frequently until a total of 28 years has elapsed. * (Obviously this doesn't apply to the exceptional birth date of February 29.) The day of the week that your birthday falls on changes each year because the 365 calendar days are 1 day more than an even number of weeks. So for NON LEAP YEARS, your next year's birthday will be one day [i]later[/i] in the week.

Leap years complicate things because they add another day. Birthdays after February 28 are pushed forward 2 days in the week in a Leap Year. Birthdays before February 28 are pushed forward 2 days in the year [i]following[/i] a Leap Year.

[b]The number of years between your birthday falling on the same day will always be either 6 years or 11 years.[/b] (see related link for any yearly calendar)

*If you were born in a Leap Year, the exact calendar for that year will only occur every 28th year thereafter.[/quote]

Can't find the name of it though, wasnt aware there was one