The Maze And Gg

My Fellow Live Help Operators....and Grido X D

Please let players know who send you Help Requests the following:

Do not go through the Maze in the MDA Lands to GG. It is closed from the inside. Those who have spells of transportation have limited casts and they are tired of rescuing players who do go there.

It is my own opinion that if GG is closed then one of the following would make sense:

a. Close the Exit at Mt Kelletha so at least the maze is still open.
b. Give the LHO a 50 cast spell to get players out
c. Close the Maze (last resort)
d. Post a Warning that GG is closed at the Maze Exit and that if they go in, they are stuck and will be rescued in due time.

Any other ideas I ask you to share here in this topic.

[quote name='Burns' date='02 March 2010 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1267537081' post='55619']
Leave people rot until somebody feels like saving them? Like... mass teleports each sunday?
[/quote]

*giggles* i can live whit that one then i go in on saterday and be out on sunday *smiles big*

[quote name='SageWoman' date='02 March 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1267534009' post='55615']
My Fellow Live Help Operators....and Grido X D

Please let players know who send you Help Requests the following:

Do not go through the Maze in the MDA Lands to GG. It is closed from the inside. Those who have spells of transportation have limited casts and they are tired of rescuing players who do go there.

It is my own opinion that if GG is closed then one of the following would make sense:

a. Close the Exit at Mt Kelletha so at least the maze is still open.
b. Give the LHO a 50 cast spell to get players out
c. Close the Maze (last resort)
d. Post a Warning that GG is closed at the Maze Exit and that if they go in, they are stuck and will be rescued in due time.

Any other ideas I ask you to share here in this topic.
[/quote]

Telling someone to not go there isnt a solution, and it's a bad suggestion. It's not a solution because it tends to be when they send the Live Help messages, they're already on Golemus, so telling them not to go there is pointless. It's a bad suggestion because, and well this might be mainly down to my Golemus heritidge, but if they dont go there, they never get to see Golemus, and imo it's a beautiful island.

For myself, it is not a matter of being tired of teleporting people out, it's the fact i only have 5 casts of the spell to do it.

a. Closing the exit off removes any achievement of completing the Labyrinth, the reward for managing to complete it.
b. Seeing as the people with the spell currently, only have 5 casts, that is a tad bit overmuch, increasing the cast amount of those who already have it i am all for though.
c. well yeah...that's not gonna happen
d. There is a note in the Newslog, and iirc there is a note on the signpost on the way in, if there isnt, i'll put one up later, a pop up, or whatever you are suggesting is unnesesary and can be annoying.

@Yoshi, The Pillars got turned off during MP2's were there, not sure why they werent reactivated, but nonetheless the person would still need to know the code to get off.

@Burns, i do similar, though it's not a fixed day of the week.

[quote name='Grido' date='02 March 2010 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1267542232' post='55621']d. There is a note in the Newslog, and iirc there is a note on the signpost on the way in, if there isnt, i'll put one up later, a pop up, or whatever you are suggesting is unnesesary and can be annoying.[/quote]
[quote name='Jester' date='02 March 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1267545964' post='55623']Just a random thought, but maybe the sign at the entrance could be edited? That seems the most simple.[/quote]

Added note on the signpost.

[quote name='Grido' date='02 March 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1267550361' post='55626']
Added note on the signpost.
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't mean that sign. I meant the thing that pops up for new players the first few times they enter a scene. On the screen before the Labyrinth it says something about "Do not enter here, you will get lost", and on the entrance it says wait to enter until you have friends who can teleport you out in case you get lost. I was suggesting that get edited for the new players so it says "Do not enter until you have friends that can get you out, if you make it to the end you will get trapped". This isn't something players can do, but I imagine at least a few people have quit MD because of getting stuck in GG.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Jester' date='02 March 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1267551275' post='55628']
Sorry, I didn't mean that sign. I meant the thing that pops up for new players the first few times they enter a scene. On the screen before the Labyrinth it says something about "Do not enter here, you will get lost", and on the entrance it says wait to enter until you have friends who can teleport you out in case you get lost. I was suggesting that get edited for the new players so it says "Do not enter until you have friends that can get you out, if you make it to the end you will get trapped". This isn't something players can do, but I imagine at least a few people have quit MD because of getting stuck in GG.
[/quote]

I agree, there needs to be something that they will know that they shouldnt go in without contacting someone first...

[quote name='Jester' date='02 March 2010 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1267551275' post='55628']
[/quote]

Ahh, fair enough, been there too many times, couldnt remember that there was one of those there :)

But yeah, that'd be something only Mur can do, and i know one person who certainly left for a long time because of it, it's a shame, especially considering i wouldve happily teleported them off if they'd known to ask.

[quote name='Grido' date='02 March 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1267560723' post='55637']
Ahh, fair enough, been there too many times, couldnt remember that there was one of those there :)

But yeah, that'd be something only Mur can do, and i know one person who certainly left for a long time because of it, it's a shame, especially considering i wouldve happily teleported them off if they'd known to ask.
[/quote]

I think it starts the game off wrong, personally. You see a Labyrinth which is apparently really hard to solve, and then through a lot of hard work (or luck) you solve it and open up a new land. Then you feel good about yourself, up until you realize the exit is locked and you are trapped. It seems strange to reward someone who solved a difficult puzzle by trapping them.

Good gamers are naturally adventurous and putting up a sign to say that they will get stuck, might be like a moth attracted to the flame.

I agree with Jester that the reward should be better than being stuck in a new land.

Can we maybe like allow first timers who cross over to have a one time spell of getting teleported back to GoE?

I see 2 solutions for this problem:

1)The one with the warning but this will just well...warn the players of the possible bad outcome. If they still want to continue, something must be done because it's not fair to deprive them of a problem that can be solved by my second solution:
2)Let's make a topic on the forum were the players can post if they get stuck in GG. And from time to time (we can decide how often) one of the players that have the shu spell can send them to main land. I see several advantages of this solution:-new players start using the forum
-there is no need for Mur's intervention on this
-more work for LHOs :blink: (ok...this is just an advantage for mean me)