Grotesque Ritual Of Self Oblivion

Kyphis the Bard

While the ability to reduce experience via a shop item is highly useful, it will also encourage players to stay at MP3 (which is only the most basic part of the game) for longer.
I think that it needs an experience requirement to prevent it doing this, however as a lot of people (Such as Zleiphener) prefer MP4 to MP5, I don't think it should be more than 1 mill.

The minimum it would need to be to prevent encouraging that behavior would be just under 450,000 (That gives a maximum reduction to 382,500)

Thanks to Tokens, we already see players who are willing to pay staying at MP3 forever because they can't be hurt, making it so they can keep training so long as they get shop resets will allow them to get even stronger, further unbalancing the difference between those who pay and those who don't.

[quote name='Yoshi' date='22 March 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1269217147' post='56746']
Or, you know, have it be an item that doesn't return with a shop reset.
[/quote]
No, that would penalize all the paying players.
The ritual is useful in a lot of ways other than the reduction in experience, and to prevent it returning with a reset is a fairly heavy limitation.

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='22 March 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1269216323' post='56745']
staying at MP3 forever because they can't be hurt
[/quote]

Is that why people stay at MP3? The 'knowledge' that veterans with all their mighty tools would be unable to screw them?

Remember that a good player can do most anything, and destroying things is a whole lot easier than creating... Maybe you just gave me a mission of the month, find a few actually good players, and see just how many MP3 and 4 we can kill, destroy, cap out etc.etc.

Wow... I still don't see what the big freaking deal is. Kyphis, you were at mp3 for a year. Seriously, everyone should leave people alone, if they want to be mp3 their whole time, it's their choice, not yours to make for them. Me, I'm capped, I'm still MP3. I personally could care less if I got attacked every 3 seconds at mp5 and lost. I'd find ways to not get losses. But I like where I am, and will continue to be mp3 for as long as I want, not when someone else says I should.

• Root Admin

I don't see the ritual as a main way to lower xp. THe xp lowering is just a small bonus added to its ...otherwise rare use.
Its not like it will reset all of your xp. except that, even with shop resets, you cant get to it just so, you sill have to consume lots before it.

Now lets think what will happen on the long run ... stronger mp3, missing mp4 and stuck mp5? I cant resist to see lots of mp3. It could actually be good considering most players leave at mp3. Increasing the player base at mp3 is actualy very good, but won't happen don't worry.

I wish it would but it won't. Very few people resist not to advance. Problem remains with alts of MP5's ..thats the real issue with MP3s

I will count again how much xp the ritual can drop, not sure what the total is now for the entire stock. It should not be larger than the entire xp. That would make a full xp reset for each shop reset (and lots of purchases untill that). That indirectly means also more new players, money=ads=more players.

Anyway its a good point worth considering. Keep this post updated if you realise other interesting things about this shop item.

Thnx