Heads Contest Change

Grundy Golem

ok, so I read the new rules to the heads contest and adjusted my play style accordingly, however I just noticed that on that last count My head number was cut in half and my score reduced even though I was online. I was in a place where I could not be attacked, so perhaps this was an unstated part of this change?

Just trying to figure out if this is a bug, or the way Mur intended these changes to work.

Edit: In fact, it turns out I CAN be attacked in the location I was in.... didn't think I could be but Penjejak Badai found a way >.<

Edited by Grundy Golem

If you're in a sanctuary and have 7 or more heads, you can be attacked like in any other location.

Where you offline or idle shortly before the reduction? (Which)

If it's set up how i'm currently imagining it is, it'll work on the basis that if you dont increase in score, then you decrease in it. This would mean that if you are in a sanctuary, as you dont increase in score, you would lose it as though you were logged off.

The account Atrumist is not winning in the Heads Contest, so unless you're using a different account then i have no idea what you're on about, but if you're online in a location which isnt a sanctuary then there should be no changes to what happens during HC for you.

I guess I am technically in a sanctuary.... so that might be it, and I might have been idle near the time that the reduction happened, but I think I was actually browsing the MD Shop when it happened. I have not gone offline since I saw the new rules, not wanting to ruin my current score.

yes golem, with that amount of heads, you can be attacked almost everywhere you can go and someone else able to follow.

atrumis, since i dont know if you're mp3 or mp4, keep in mind that at mp3, each win will count as victory, while in mp4, you'll have to meet the requirement to get victory instead of normal win, only victory will get you the opponent's head ball(well, normal win still give you at least 1 head as reward)

Grido what I meant to say is that after a battle I don't get the heads, their distribution stays the same. Off course I'm not winning the head contest :P

I'm mp3, so I don't need to be victorious to get the heads. Except I'm not very very wrong with something, the mistake is in the system. :)

yes yes I know I can be attacked in a Sanctuary....

I wasn't "technically" in a sanctuary, and untill Penjejak Badai hit me where I was, I didn't think it was possible to be attacked there. I kn ow the place I was in wouldn't allow me to gain score, but based on the rules posited in the Announcements I thought I was safe from the score/head reduction

• Root Admin

well say where you were and we can tell you if you should/shouldnt been able to be attacked there.

I think i know where you were, and if so A) you shouldnt be there and B) whoever shouldn't have been able to attack you there. But as we know shouldn't is different from reality. So if you were in the location i think you may have been, he had all the rights to attack you.

Edited by Chewett

I was in the little room inside of Wind's Sanctuary, the Armor vender thing...

I'm more waiting to hear for sure if it was intended that your score/heads get reduced every count while in sanctuaries. It kinda makes sense that they would, but then it also means that this contest suddenly became a game of who can stay up the longest 9or just play the longest) to watch their heads >.<

In those rare auld times, people didn't sleep at all during HC, and those who had work or school and such tried to go for a contest when they could stay with their heads all days long, at least in the 3-4 days that matter :P

It became increasingly easy to keep heads, specially on mp3 and 4, with simply building monster-stats and then just stay idle with the bunch, and nobody could take it... At least they have to stay up all the time again now to have a chance, me likes xD

[quote name='Grundy Golem' date='29 March 2010 - 09:03 AM' timestamp='1269842581' post='57116']
I was in the little room inside of Wind's Sanctuary, the Armor vender thing...

[/quote]

You can be attacked in that place. It's tricky to do it but it can be done if you know how.

Well, I think that this is going to drag out phase 1 due to those having to be on to gain, and then when they go offline, that score is going to decrease, so basically, phase 1 is now going to take a lot longer I think.

• Root Admin

SInce some of you participated a lot of things changed.
I am seriously thinking to re enable HC for all again. I have to find a way to differentiate reward because if you already got a reward once you should not get one allover again, especialy a medal...but participating for fun, or a dufferent reward (maybe items??) should become possible for anyone.

Its a long story, dont start talking about it here, i have my ideas how and when, i just wanted to let you know that it might happen.