"willow's Bell" Poetry Contest

[b]"Willow's Bell" Poetry Contest
[/b]

The Leaders of Marind Bell extend an invitation to the poets and lyricists of the Realm to participate in the Willow's Bell Poetry Contest. The event will be held at Willows Walk, an established site for Poetry Readings within the Realm, and a site of significance to the citizens of Marind Bell.
All types of Poetry and lyrical form will be accepted, within reason in regards to length, and the event is to be a festive celebration of unity between all lands and peoples. All alliances are welcome to participate, as well as those who have yet to find their home within the realm.
The Legend Speakers have charitably offered their services to MC the event, as well as Sponsoring some of the prizes. He will be awarding one of the 4 Judges Choice awards.
It is requested that you do not perform random attacks during the event, as this is not within the spirit of unity this event seeks to promote.

[b]The judges for the event will include Keith Moon, an Ex Leader of the Legend Speakers; Pamplemousse, the former Master Archivist; and Handy Pockets, a renowned lyricist within the realm[/b]. Each Judge will select a personal favourite outside of the top 3 to recieve their Judges Choice award of 5 silver.

[b]The awards that are available for the winners will be:
1st - Wish Point and Trophy (Artwork - Courtesy of Assira the Black)
2nd - Gold Coin
3rd - 10 Silver
Judges Choice - 5 silver (x4)[/b]

1st and 2nd positions will be chosen by the panel of Judges, while 3rd position will be decided by secret ballot from the public, and will be declared 3 days after the event, after which the Judges Choice awards will be announced.
Votes for 3rd position Are to be sent by Ingame and Forumn PM to Kyphis, the Leader of the Legend Speakers. Sending a PM both Ingame and on the Forum with disqualify your vote, and it will not be counted.
To be eligible for 3rd place you must send a copy of your poem to Kyphis, as well as permission for him to post it on the Forumn. If you do not give permission for it to be posted, it will not be, and people will not be able to vote for it as readily.

Main Round entrances are currently open and will close on the 1st of May at 00:00ST (viewable in the right panel above where the Mood Panel is located), after which Second Round entrances will be open. Do not be alarmed if you do not make it in time for the Main Round, you will still get to present on the day. Second Round entrances will be performed after Main Round, in the order they are recieved. During Second Round, those who entered for Main Round will be informed of their performance schedual.
You are allowed to appoint a proxy to perform your work, however you must notify Kyphis in advance if this is the case.

[b]Entrances for both Rounds are be to in the format:[/b]
[b]"[Author] - [Title of piece]
Theme: [Text]
Lines: [#]
Words: [#]"[/b]

The event will be held from 00:00ST to 03:00ST at the latest, on the 3rd of May. 1st and 2nd winners will be declared by 04:00ST the same day.

From the Seekers of Enlightenment, and the Legend Speakers, we wish you all the best of luck creating magical poetry for this contest.
~Emerald Arcanix - member of the Seekers of Enlightenment
~Kyphis - Leader of the Legend Speakers

to Shadowseeker: only one entry, either in round 1 or if do not finish your work in time, then in round 2...but only one poem per person, if you write several poems choose what you consider your best work and send it, time may not permit more poems

to Grido: any theme is welcomed, but MD themed poems may receive more attention from the jury...but this is only for the jury members to decide

if i didnt clarify good enough or i missed something, Kyphis will be able to better explain it

[quote name='Yoshi' date='19 April 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1271615280' post='58147']
Is there any requirements such as length?
Also, can someone win all of the judges over for the judges choice awards, aswell as place?
[/quote]
There is no minimum length, but if I consider the poem to long I will ask for a copy of it in advance to review its length, and if I still think it is to long I will notify you and ask for a shorter one.

And no, it is explicitly stated that the Judges Choice award is outside of the top 3. In addition to that, part of the reason for the long interval between the end of the contest and the announcement of the Judges Choice award is so that the judges may discuss amongst themselves who they wish to get the award, so that it doesn't all go to one person.

To clarify a few things I have been getting asked about:

You are [b]NOT[/b] to send your entrances to either myself, emerald arcanix, or any of the judges before the event, unless I specifically request you do so (which will be to review your poems length). Doing so may disqualify you from receiving awards, and you will not be notified of this disqualification in advance.
To enter, post in this topic the data about your poem that was requested in the first post (this section is in bold) in the format it is layed out in.
Once the Event begins at 00:00ST on the 3rd of May (day 122), you may send your whole poems to me via In-game PM. Do not use the Forum PM as it has a finite limit, which will be reached quickly.

As far as whether you can use poems written before the event, Yes you can. Just be aware that a new piece is more likely to get the judges attention, so you will be better off writing a new piece.

I look forward to hearing your entries on the day,
May your Muses run as fast as rain,
~Kyphis, Leader of the Legend Speakers

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote]you may send your whole poems to me via In-game PM. Do not use the Forum PM as it has a finite limit, which will be reached quickly.[/quote]
In game also has a finite limit, both are to prevent spamming, IaB can confirm the spam limit in game.

[quote name='Grido' date='21 April 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1271841766' post='58336']
In game also has a finite limit, both are to prevent spamming, IaB can confirm the spam limit in game.
[/quote]
I know, but I'm fairly certain it is a higher limit. Also, the limit for sending PMs is irrelevant in this case.
While the In-game PM folder is only a certain length, it does continue to grow, allowing me to simply save each poem as it comes in.

Thankyou for your concern though, its good to hear you contributing your knowledge to help this event succeed :P

[Blackwood Forest]-[Ruler of the sky]
Theme:[Relationship between player and creature]
Lines:[28]
Words:[168]
[color="#FF0000"]
[EDIT: I name Pazur as my proxy for reading this piece, should I be unable to attend] [/color]

Edited by Blackwoodforest

[Fyrd Argentus]-[The Ballad of Marind's Bell]
Theme:[Introduction to, and glorificaiton of, the land of Marind's Bell]
Lines:[60]
Words:[274]

[s]Let me add that I can serve as proxy for people (Addy has asked), but I would like to be scheduled in the first hour or maybe two. I might not be able to commit 3 hours that day.[/s]

I am delighted that Pazur will be proxy for me.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' date='25 April 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1272117791' post='58536']
Let me add that I can serve as proxy for people (Addy has asked), but I would like to be scheduled in the first hour or maybe two. I might not be able to commit 3 hours that day.
[/quote]
I'll bear that in mind when I schedule the performances for the day.

I am happy to help any and all who need a proxy

Your work will be performed exactly to your specifications. If I am to proxy more than one piece, each will be delivered without bias. I will not be presenting a self-authored poem

Please send a forum PM if you choose to give me the honor of presenting your poem, or if you'd like more information. We will work out how you'd like your piece performed, and can do a rehearsal together to make sure everything is ready for the event

Edit: diction cleanup on aisle 7!

Edited by Pazur

[Indyra Sirenias]-[Solitude]
Theme:[feelings of a soul]
Lines:[12]
Words:[81]

[EDIT: I name Pazur as my proxy for reading this piece, since i can;t make it at the meeting]

Edited by Indyra

[quote name='Lord Beta Wolfeyes' date='30 April 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1272604023' post='58976']
Pazur shall be acting as my proxy
also i give you permission to post it on the forums,
however please do not use it for highschool poetry assingments,as i intend to one day publish a book of my poetry!
[/quote]
Don't worry, we frown on plagiarism :)

[b]Main Round entrances officially Closed, Late Round begins.[/b]

Schedule:
00:[b]05[/b]ST - Fyrd Argentus (Pazur as Proxy) - The Ballad of Marind's Bell
00:[b]10[/b]ST - Blackwood Forest - Ruler of the sky
00:[b]15[/b]ST - Indyra Sirenias (Pazur as Proxy) - Solitude
00:[b]20[/b]ST - Allyce - Amalgam
00:[b]25[/b]ST - Addy (Pazur as Proxy) - shore of happiness
00:[b]30[/b]ST - Phantom Orchid (Pazur as possible Proxy) - Love is a Killing Thing
00:[b]35[/b]ST - Awiiya - Foot Thoughts
00:[b]40[/b]ST - Lord Beta Wolfeyes (Pazur as Proxy) - The Truth Behind The Eyes
00:[b]50[/b]ST - Late Round performances begin

Late round Schedule will be in the order they are submitted on the Forum

Remember to submit a transcript of your poem at the beginning of the event, [b]NOT[/b] before (Later is fine, but you only have a few hours before I post them). Poems that are entered for 3rd place will be posted in the order they were performed.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard