Book Order - Ro Or International

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

(writing this in English for respect to the other people, but its mostly only for people living in Romania)

If anyone wants the English version of the book, i will be gathering orders to save on shipping costs and then I can meet you and give them. The shipping is quite expensive since publisher is in US. For those wanting the book in Romanian, it will be available in 6month or more, but i am not sure at what publishing house yet. Anyway I don't think i can get it without ads on back cover or a more commercial cover, unfortunatly. I want it THAT simple as it is now, but publishing house will not take a project if it doesn't sell and to sell i needs to be shiny. I might print the english version here, because price might get significantly lower, but I don't know anything yet for sure and i don't think it will happen before autumn either.

I will keep this post updated if i have any news. If you can read english please get the english version not the romanian one. I already tried two translators and both interpreted some parts of the test text according to their own beliefs and thats soooo annoying. I will supervise a future possible translation (if i will do one afterall) but i wont be the one translating it (don't ask why).

Untill then, let me know who wants it (email, pm, forum pm, post here, call, whatever) and i will keep a list and inform you of price depending on how many orders i gather.

Thanks.

• Root Admin

please specify if you want RO version or the EN version (original), The ro will be available not sooner than 6 month i think and for now i don't know about how it will look or price. The en version you already know how cover looks and price. For current EN if there will be over 10 in same order there will be a quantity discount that they offer.

Current EN version
([url="http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/mastering-the-void/10670085"]http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/mastering-the-void/10670085[/url])

@Darigan (you are from RO?? i don't think so, you can get it with very low shipping directly from there because publisher is in US.
@Shemhazaj (you are in RO? if not, the link is the above one, this announcement is for people in Romania so they can save on shipping)
@blackwood forest (book is written in english, you cna get it anytime from that link. there will be a romanian translation later this year that wont be sold outside romania)

So far these are the ones that want it:
Indyra x1
dst x1
Totenkopf x2
Emerald Arcanix x1
Grido x1 (l.o.l :))
I will take a few too, 3 maybe.

total so far: 9
need a few more

i'm still waiting for more, if none, i will order these. If you change your mind or have any questions, pls let me know.

update: i did the math for ordering 15 books , discount is of 10% and shipping drops to 2.5$/book or 3.4$/book (depending on shipping method) instead of around 8-12$ that is now for same shipping options! its still a lot compared to book prices in Romania. If price is what keeps you from getting it I can gift you a part of it, i don't mind, but just if you really cant afford it (pm me).

Edited by Muratus del Mur
updated list

Erm, you said that the book would be released on other sites such as amazon as well... Can you inform us when it'll available? I have some currency problems with the current site. INR and USD problem. So I am not being able to order 1 atm.

well cant we just buy it off that lulu thingy? i dont know why english readers in other countries i.e uk and america dont just do that rather then messaging here, is there limited copies or something, or have i missed the point?
theres a guy in my cafe who would be interested i know that... lol..

• Root Admin

Please READ before posting. This post is to gather orders that will be shipped to Romania to order them all in one shipment to save on the high shipping costs and also get a discount. If you don't care about the price and want it faster you can order it on lulu site anytime.

News:
I _think_ (as in "not sure yet"), that i will have a different format version printed here in Ro. That will totally change the price. I don't think the price will be low enough to make it better for selling it outside romania, so US buyers can order it from lulu anytime. It will probably take about two month for this print to be ready, so what do you want me to do? wait for it, or order these from lulu now? The new format printed here will be A5 format (smaller than the current one) but might have hard cover or even leather for a similar or lower price than the current softcover.

Things that I am unsure of at this moment: I might not be able to get a ISBN number without a publishing house to support the printing. Without a ISBN i won't be able to publish it in stores here. I might also need some legal stuff made first before publishing it. Depending how this will go on it will take longer or less.

Anyway, unless you want to order it from lulu on your own (I AM TALKING ONLY ABOUT ROMANIAN BUYERS), i will continu to keep the list here updated and let you all know on how this goes. I will try to get best possible quality/price rate but if i will have an option for better quality i will go for that (leather covers sounds awsome :) )

NOTE:
don't wait for it on amazon, i hate them taking a fee :). If you have payment issues with the current site talk to me and i'll figure out something.

Ok i am tired and think confused?

Did i order the book in english?
or am i now gona get a nice new book and not be able to read it?

Well if it arrives in romainain then i guess i will need an english version too.

lso just to let you know shipping was not really expensive
it was like €3.40 for me.

US to Ireland. that is cheap

Thanks Grido for helping my sleepy head and clearing the info up :P
(I am still recovering from the second wedding i have been to this year)

Edited by Yrthilian

• Root Admin

there is only the english version. The translated version (romanian) is due in a couple of month from now. So don't worry, you will get english version. Problem is, its delayed, not sure why. Shipping to Romania is 12 or 13$ , thats a lot i think, thats why i made this separate list.

UPDATES. I hope to have the books ready in max two weeks. Its a big delay but they will be printed here and with a different price. I'll update you when i have more info. This week i should receive the first test print.

I asked a friend of mine who has a good relationship with a print company, they sad the are able to print 100 pieces in good quality for about 10-12 euros each book, depending how many will be bought. But I dont think this option will please you Mur, right?

Edited by Blackwoodforest

• Root Admin

No not realy, consider the shipping costs too. Anyway i got a solution here and its a fine one. Now just waiting to see results.

Thanks

PS: PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC ABOUT THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT IT SHIPPED TO ROMANIA, DON'T GO TOO MUCH OFFTOPIC.

• Root Admin

stock will be here end of next week, price per unit, SOFTCOVER A5 will be 35RON.
I don't know yet about the hardcover version, but should be around 50RON or so. I can meet you and give it directly so you save on shipping, or i can send it by curier (should be like 15ron in country or so).

[quote name='dst' date='13 May 2010 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1273738913' post='59742']
This calls for an MD beer meeting soon :). And what did you order? Soft or hard covers?
[/quote]

beer and books :):D:D YAY!

• Root Admin

you want hard cover, if so tell me fast?
I am still not decided if the price difference is worth, and i also don't know how they will come out (quality). ...BUT... i did some research and i found an artist that binds them in genuine leather engraved, a beauty. One day i will make one but will have something more to it ( like 20 pages of secret notes. :) enough teasers )

(now, if you thought this topic was going offtopic, prepare for even more offtopic, ...damn i cant stop myself doing this :D)

I gave a good thought to this. I am not a writer , i put to much soul into writing all this, i almost feel its like prostitution to write my researches and sell them for money. I wish it was a debate not a fixed writing. On the other hand, its valuable information and most of you wont reach it if i dont publish it. I don't think i will go on and mass publish this in libraries here (in romania at least)...im not decided yet, it is a hard decision. it will depend on your feedback and impressions after reading it.

But there is an other fun thing i can do, and it will probably be the next step in my "career". I was a sculptor before learning design, then i was a programmer in tottaly different language than i currently use, then i swithced languages and get deepr into programming. Then, i was a manager, team leader on differet projects, and also a businessman, my life changes so fast, in 28 years i can say each year brings something new to me. Same way as md is so totaly different from year to year and i cant imagine how it even worked a year ago, same way i change. I believe i fell in love with writing. I will start writing Mur's story, md related, but not from the past..it will be his future story. No, i dont think i can integrate it so well and make it so short to fit adventure log, i want it deep and as well planned as md itself is. It needs a intricate logic structure, and it needs to be able to tell what i want to tell, _without writing it directly_. Its is a fantasy story one where you will read "Mur's" soul in a deep and tasty adventure book. It will be based on my personal experience in some matters, but i will make it fantasy, very fantasy, a fiction story with a true core. That core some of you already feel, but none of you spoke it open. Maybe..maybe...i will answer what's a mur..maybe not...

If i slowly go away from developing md, its because i will slowly go even deeper in it , making myself part of once more , like "King Manu" once was. Now I have Rendril to work on things, he is doing amazing job, as long as you dont contact him to waste his time with things.

Years ago i felt md will one day will end. I also feel when the day i will die is, but that doesnt mean i will know how, or i will know how md will end. It is a wild thought that this "death" of md is actualy this detaching of myself from it, but if it is so, its rebirth will be me becoming part of its story, getting even more deeper into it. FINALY PLAYING IT.

I want to apologize... I want to ppologize in front of you all, because i might turn MD more around "Mur's" story than i deserve. I might use the new AL interface to present you the new book one page at a time, change it based on your feedback. I realisze its not fair towards those of you that have interesting things to tell, write, but i will do myself this favor so to say. MD has some secrets that screem to be found out. And I myself have things that screen to be told...

*wipes a tear* I love you all, I truly do...
now i should stop writing, someone unplug my computer before this becomes to boring to read :)

This calls for a MD beer for sure.

[size="5"]MD BEER YAAAAY!!! :) [/size]

[img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_F7PZ_1Ghzm8/Sv7D6Tc_ixI/AAAAAAAAAiM/FXYC5Nqpq9k/s640/DSC07427.JPG[/img]

I keep wanting to propose another one, but i keep getting derailed by work and clubbing events and 1st of may @ mamaia (which BTW was the definition of AWESOME!) and beers with the guys from "the other game" and so on :)

Just let's make it on a Saturday or late late Friday, as I'm usually flying in back to .ro on Friday evenings.

on topic - I'd prefer hardcover if possible (makes it feel more...well...book-y :D), but softcover's fine as well.

Edited by Totenkopf