Life As A Mp5

I am a mp4 right now, have been for maybe a month. And I have been watching the amount of xp I would get from every fight, and try not to waste xp. But its getting a bit annoying and boring since I try not to use maxed crits or creatures that don’t need xp to fight and defend, or use them as little as possible.

As you can probably guessed why I do this. Its because I don’t want to go to mp5, and stay as mp4 for as long as I can. I have heard that life as a mp5 is tough in the MD world, and I can see why cuz I have seen mp5s with more than 5000 in every stats…a few have 9k+. While the highest stat I have is maybe around 50. Plus I have heard that most use tokens to fight as well… and the only token I have does not help me at all.

While I do ok as a mp4, and been learning how to deal with different rits. Im concerned that even with enough knowledge to know how to handle different rits, it would be months or even years before I have the stats to have a chance against other mp5s.

I know some people with mp5 accounts making alts cuz they think mp5 is boring and they want to have fun as mp3 and mp4, but i dont want to make any alts. So I am wondering whats it like to be a mp5. Whats life like as a new mp5? And i guess as a side question...Can some1 with no tokens even compete against some1 who does with high principals?

I remember, when I was MP3, people told me "MP4 is harder than MP3, make sure you want to do this", and then they told me the same thing when I was at MP4 "MP5 is harder than MP4, make sure you're prepared" and all I did was shrug and click the button. I did end up spending quite a while thinking I was the weakest and that I was never going to get any stronger, but eventually I realized that nobody is the weakest, and if you try, you can and will get stronger. Besides, fighting is only a part of MD.

We all come into MP5 weak.

Don’t believe the lies that you need to live and sleep in GGG to be strong before coming into MP5.

High Stats from GGG doesn’t mean you are strong.

Having tokens gives you an advantage but not having tokens is not a disadvantage.

Its fun to learn how to beat super rits and strong players.

Nobody is unbeatable.

Come to MP5, its time to play with the big boys. *wink*

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]MP5 is not boring.
Tho it was bit difficult at first I find it way more fun than MP4.
And staying at MP4 forever is just standing in one place.
You won't get your stats higher or learn new rits if you can't train crits anymore.
And if you're thinking about joining any alliance in the future, the strongest MP5's will attack you anyway.
So I think it's best to advance to MP5, take your share of beating, learn from it and soon you'll be telling people that MP5's not that hard :)[/color][/font]

everyone comes to mp5 weak im sure you went to mp4 weak well the same happens for mp5 and yes there are quite a few people that can beat tokens i can beta certain ones with certain ve but no drac rits xD but as you become older and older in mp5 you will get stornger as i did

yeah, i was thinking the same thing when i came from mp4 to mp5 and i spent probably my first 2 months in ggg not to get killed on the outside, but as i grew more confident and got better creats and slowly improved my stats (it's a lot easier to grow them at mp5), i started going out more and realized it's a lot better than i initially thought - most mp5 don't just hunt you down but want to train together, and you'll learn a whole lot more than at mp4 - and you'll actually be glad to see regen def rits at mp5 :)

I take it that me and people like me are a reason why you consider staying at mp4, so you don't have to believe me...

However, i'd advise you to not waste time and energy with getting min-xp wins or stat-saccing, it's simply pointless.
Do your fights at best you can, the gain in learning from big fights is higher than the gain of another maxed grasan, or an angien on a higher level.
Take the easy wins you find on the way, they are good for upgrading, but don't stand back from the big fights you might lose, one of these is worth more than killing a few barrens with low VE 100 times.

Stats are of no importance on mp5, they appear to be on mp4, but really, attack and defence aren't that cool on mp5.
You will want some regen, but you can't train that properly before going to mp5.

People alway say that MP5 is hell because you lose so much.
I'll bet you anything that you WILL lose so much, and even more, but that won't harm you. Before you are 1000 off balance, it's even good for you to lose, it'll make it easier to target weak people without getting honor issues. Plus, most people are considerate enough to not kill you after you reach skill-damage, and the few who aren't can be avoided. And, c'mon, 1000 losses... That's a whole lot, you don't get that in a week or two.

And one thing is clear, you'll see tons of things you haven't seen on mp4. You'll learn things you haven't even thought of before. You'll experience MD on a level that an mp4 can't grasp, even when they are in an ally like Kyphis. And that will change your targets and views of MD completely.

I want to be fair so I'll tell you the whole deal

Maybe life is easier in mp4 (you'll lose a lot) and you might get stuck on a story branch in mp5...

BUT the only real reason for staying in mp4 should be that you'd be interested in winning the HeadContest

Because you can only beat it once in each mp level, it has great rewards and would also be easier in mp4

Other than this it will be far more boring for you to stay in a lower level forever

After all I really feel it's next to impossible to manage to surpass the current stat grinders

Accept them and find a way around, through or even with them

You'll certainly be able to achieve more here

If you really, really love the combat system, and think that's the best thing about MD, and your ego needs to be able to beat any player of your MP level at will, then find a way to stay MP4 forever. There are several people that feel that way, and are trying (bet you can't beat them now at MP4).

If you want to develop a memorable character and experience the diversity of MD as a realm, not just a combat contest, then MP5 is where Mur and the rules are trying to push you -- for a reason.

You just have to adopt the attitude that running around with low VE is not a bad thing, and that finding wins is one more challenge in the game, and the game is not supposed to be balanced. My character role of jester has no problem playing target dummy to most MP5's, but I am still "packing" and can hold my own against similar aged MP5's (and did place 2nd in the HC).

I will say that MP5 as an alliance member is better than mp5 homeless -- the reverse of the MP4 situation.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

As a new MP5 I can tell you that it is not as great as others are pretending it is. They only want you to move to MP5 so they have easy wins. I have only won 2 fights and that was by attacking when the other person was idle to see what defense they had and try and find a ritual to beat that. My wins were not Victories so it didn't actually help me to get balanced. So far all of my opponents have had drachorns and angiens and/or tokens. I get attacked just walking by a populated area. Unless you have angiens and drachorns or lots of tokened creatures I would suggest staying MP4 for now.

-1 proof that I speak the truth as the only comment advising against advancing to MP5 gets a negative score

Edited by notxasj

Or just get draches and angiens and tokened creatures. As they say, if you can't beat them, join them.

[quote name='Sharpwind' date='22 June 2010 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1277203933' post='62473']
BUT the only real reason for staying in mp4 should be that you'd be interested in winning the HeadContest

Because you can only beat it once in each mp level, it has great rewards and would also be easier in mp4
[/quote]
For one, you can only win heads once, not once for every MP level.
Secondly, heads is basically a complete joke at MP5. Almost everybody has already won, and so almost nobody can take your heads. People can win completely by accident.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='25 June 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1277422173' post='62611']
For one, you can only win heads once, not once for every MP level.
Secondly, heads is basically a complete joke at MP5. Almost everybody has already won, and so almost nobody can take your heads. People can win completely by accident.
[/quote]

Really ??? Hm... My mistake then

[quote name='Burns' date='22 June 2010 - 04:23 AM' timestamp='1277202199' post='62472']

People alway say that MP5 is hell because you lose so much.
I'll bet you anything that you WILL lose so much, and even more, but that won't harm you. Before you are 1000 off balance, it's even good for you to lose, it'll make it easier to target weak people without getting honor issues. Plus, most people are considerate enough to not kill you after you reach skill-damage, and the few who aren't can be avoided. And, c'mon, 1000 losses... That's a whole lot, you don't get that in a week or two.

[/quote]

You obviously underestimate how much the community enjoys picking on those who are weaker. I decided to see how much I would be attacked if I stopped hiding out at sanctuaries and in less than 24 hours of idling at Marble Dale Park I accumulated 138 losses and 3 wins. So c'mon 1000 losses... at this rate is not a lot and yes you will get it in a week or two. Unless you avoid crowded areas always logout instead of idle or sit at a sanctuary and make sure not to pause at any spot for more than a couple seconds if you are traveling from one location to the next. Then I guess you would be correct that 1000 is a whole lot and you won't get it in a week or two.

So when will it start being a good thing for me to have all these losses??? Because after today's experiment it only reinforces the idea that I should be hiding because if I stay out in the open I will be 1000 off balance in less than a week.

When saying 1000 is a lot, i was talking about someone who plays.
Not someone who sits and waits to get losses thrown at them.

Repeat your experiment with the following settings:
You attack anybody you can beat for victories while you are there, and log out when you are not there.
That would be playing.

Sitting idle is not playing, it's a way of accumulating losses.

Its a passage of rite.

When I first came onto mp5, there were a whole lot of players that pick on me.

I know lots of other players who do the same thing.

Players who doesnt stay in mp4 and is now MP5, considered strong in MD..... Burns, Leixer, Sparrhawk, and lots more

You can be strong if you choose to learn, and even if you give up on being strong, you can be a strong RP player.

Lots of fun in MP5, not just combating!

:P

[quote name='notxasj' date='02 July 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1278068580' post='63153']
You obviously underestimate how much the community enjoys picking on those who are weaker. I decided to see how much I would be attacked if I stopped hiding out at sanctuaries and in less than 24 hours of idling at Marble Dale Park I accumulated 138 losses and 3 wins. So c'mon 1000 losses... at this rate is not a lot and yes you will get it in a week or two. Unless you avoid crowded areas always logout instead of idle or sit at a sanctuary and make sure not to pause at any spot for more than a couple seconds if you are traveling from one location to the next. Then I guess you would be correct that 1000 is a whole lot and you won't get it in a week or two.

So when will it start being a good thing for me to have all these losses??? Because after today's experiment it only reinforces the idea that I should be hiding because if I stay out in the open I will be 1000 off balance in less than a week.
[/quote]

Ok. first things first. I am not a 'strong' player.

I won heads because I got tonnes of help from people who had already won and I knew where to hide and when to get out of my hiding spots. So if you want to win heads Mp5 is a piece of cake.

Now what I wanted to tell you is, during the second stage, I came to know about my true position in Mp5. Since we had to stay at Goe at all times, A lot of people who were training attacked me. I couldn't heal my crits as my VE was at a constant zero. I couldn't logout or move to a sanctuary as that would kick my score in the guts. The healing spells do not work in heads. So all I could get in defense was a tree, a water and an Unholy priest. I got like 300-400 losses in two days. And even after the competition got over, I kept getting losses that was until I decided to STOP hiding.

You talk about the losses Sajura, but there are certain rits NOT involving Drachorns and Angiens which will give you 40% wins as in victories if you know how to set them up correctly. Most mp5s attack you with training rits. Meaning they are archers, trees or newly acquired creatures with one or two of the bully crits... They are not really those ' You have no chance of survivng these MWAHAHA!' types. I agree that you'd be getting around 60% losses, But tell me, can't you cover up that to some percent by hunting for Mp5s with weak rits? Yes people target noobs for training because they are weak and 90% of them have single trees on defense. Its like saying, ' I will not attempt to fight back because I don't have drachorns and max angiens ' Angiens are of no use to you unless you know how to use them. And even if you own drachorns, by the time you come to mp5, the 'strong' ones have waaaaayyy stronger stats to crush noob mp5 drachs like flies. dst could probably do it with a single aramour :P. Some of the weakest creatures in MD can be a great asset in mp5. Weakest as in Weakest. You just have to keep experimenting and not give up.

Besides, isn't this the same story you have to face every time you move up an MP level? I was battered down to pulp when I was a noob mp3 and a noob mp4 as well. The only reason people blame mp5 as being ruthless is because there are no higher fighting levels. And you wanna know why the stronger ones keep 'picking on noob mp5s'(in your words)? Because there aren't any people to train with. People dont move up from mp4. They think being the strongest wolf in the wolf pack and hiding in a cave is better than moving out and being one of the weakest animals in the jungle and getting attacked. What they don't realize, is that they still are the weakest animals in the jungle even if they hide inside the cave.

As for On topic:

You will learn a lot of stuff in mp5. Learn as in LEARN. Lot about game mechanics and about people. Its way more fun than other mp stages. Because, If you are an rp kind of person, its awesome to RP with the former RPCs themselves and if you are fights only person, you'll find people ready to share their knowledge (provided you are humble and hardworking).

DO NOT fear mp5. You have to move on some day or the other. Don't forget that in the short amount of time you manage to buy for yourself by staying in mp4 and training stats, the 'strong' people from mp5 have better techniques to train with and more stats to gain in the same amount of time. You'd still be at the bottom of the food chain. You might as well move out and face it.

You can't reach to the top if you do not struggle. MD is not easy.

Edited by Esmerelda