Knights Errant (Npcs Controlled By Rpcs)

Sharpwind

Imagine something like the loreroot guards changing rituals every month

What if there were four knights errant(one for each kingdom perhaps) controlled by four highly skilled in combat vets and set a ritual on them once a month that had a flaw
(very much like Burns is doing)
Every player would only be able to beat the ritual once and so learn a few more things about combat from the vets

Naturally this all relies upon Mur to implement it and trainer vets like Burns, Shadowseeker and Lifeline to keep it running

Wait, i have a better idea: I take my own stats and creatures, which are far more versatile than what mur can give to NPCs, and set rits myself!
You could even try more than one way, then! O_o

Sorry but... you know, why have Mur work on things we can handle as good, or even better, ourselves?

Lifeline? What does Lifeline have to do with training vets?
Apart from that...there are no more RPCs so you might consider a topic title change.

As for the main idea:good in a way (it can help people) bad in another (it requires Mur intervention).

@ Burns

This whole idea is based on your idea, I'm not trying to take that away from you
Sorry if it sounded like that to you

Just trying to make it something that will help activity and learn things in all mp levels
I think it doesn't help stat grinders and gives people something to wait for and learn from

(Also Your stats are kind of intimidating, you're changing rituals too fast for my time schedules and you 're staying at a dangerous place for weak mp5
and official is also always better :))

@ DST

I meant real players...Well you got the point :D

I know (about Mur) but... you never know

[quote name='Sharpwind' date='29 June 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1277822606' post='62965']
@ Burns

This whole idea is based on your idea, I'm not trying to take that away from you
Sorry if it sounded like that to you

Just trying to make it something that will help activity and learn things in all mp levels
I think it doesn't help stat grinders and gives people something to wait for and learn from

(Also Your stats are kind of intimidating, you're changing rituals too fast for my time schedules and you 're staying at a dangerous place for weak mp5
and official is also always better :))
[/quote]

Err.. actually there's yoshi for mp4s... Frankly speaking I rarely see mp4s in GoE. Meaning they don't come out of GGG. And I doubt they would come out even if this idea was implemented.

Secondly, If you find burnsy's stats intimidating.. you might as well suggest a ritual that might be able to defeat his ritual and ask him if it would work or not, thats what I do.

Thirdly, his ritual lasts long enough if you stay at GoE and train. If you are one of the weak ones with low stats like me, there are a lot of people with a simple single tree rits you can farm from. The plus points - you get stats instantly, get good amounts of positive honour, witness so many new rits and different outcomes. GoE is NOT a dangerous place for a weak mp5. I am the proof. On the contrary, you get to learn incredible things, have fun and train. If people keep hiding they'll never learn how to fight. When you can Keep on fighting without any problem till you get a win-loss difference of 1000, why hide? :D

@ Esmeralda

Thanks for the interest and the tips.
I certainly am of the weak one's but usually I don't have time and patience to stay and train too long

@ No One

I don't know a lot about Wodin, I think his creatures where taken as spoils of war ?
Anyway isn't that easy to avoid if you make the creatures untransferable ? or without CTCs ?

I was suggesting of NPCs that stay in a specific location (can't move or attack) have their rituals set by vets once each month (they won't have access constantly)
which each player could only once defeat (no stat grinding)
The project could also be supervised by the Kings of each land (have a strong vet assigned to it and test the ritual)

And about asking the vets, they are also players and they could also take advantage and benefit of that without supervision

By making something more automated you create a useful mechanism one can use to learn without having to ask for help

Anyway I see the difficulties in implementing but I think the effects will be good

What's even more interesting...there's not even a need to set specific rituals. If you were to talk to the right people regarding this, i'm sure they'd gladly discuss various battle strategies with you and so on..however, does anyone actively do this?

Plus, those who can read battlelogs, the help pages, usually do learn a lot.

What you suggest highly sounds like wodin..If you wish to play such a role, dedicate yourself to it, but asking Mur to do it sounds very very off, I'm afraid, as many pointed out.

The best way to get something done is not to wait for others to start, it is to initiate yourself.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]What would be a twist would be to have the shades along the path or the slime in the road randomly reappear. Not the shop or tree guards though. Maybe stick a random creature to suddenly appear and not let you pass would be different from players that you could run or hide from.

I don't really want to create more work. Mur's plate is very full. [/font][/color]