Who Is Mcvitie?

Mcvitie

[center][u][b]Who is Mcvitie?[/b][/u]

[b]Why does Mcvitie act the way she does?[/b]

[b]Who IS Mcvitie?[/b]

This is your quest.

You must write who Mcvitie is, what she is and why and how she acts the way she does.
The best writings will recieve a prize.
The VERY best writing shall gain a wishpoint from myself.

Explain in detail how her mind works.

Goodluck ![/center]

I mean this in the nicest way possible:

The reason I disapprove of this quest is simple. Those who know you, your friends, have an incredible advantage over those who do not know you. In fact, it seems as though you're creating a quest just to give a WP to the friend who puts their knowledge into a response. In addition, this quest was done by Firsanthalas before, or at least a very similar permutation, and I didn't like it then either.

You might argue that it is your WP and you may reward it to whomever you choose and for whatever reason. You're right, I can't stop you and I don't plan to try past this post. However, my opinion is that this quest is unfair, uncreative, and unoriginal.

Awi

Not to mention the fact that only you know how and why you think what you think, and the rest of us can just guess, using fancy words :/

PS: Also the fact that you spend more time on other alts than you do on mcvitie makes it quite a bit more complicated.

Edited by Pipstickz

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]While Firs' quest was about describing "how you see him" and mostly referred to his looks, this is "how her mind works".
This is way to easy for you to abuse...
I'm not saying that you had any intentions to do that. Just stating a fact.[/color][/font]

Since I attempted Firsan's quest, I have to tell you guys something...

The winner Of the quest was Lady dawn, whose presence in the realm was very brief. She hardly knew Firsan, yet she won the wish point. The runners up were Emerald arcanix and me. His quest was not about who knew him best, but who could present the same information in the best possible way. All the three of us saw him as the King of Loreroot, and simply wrote about how we visualized him through our eyes. So it was a fair quest, especially when a noob won the Wish point. (If it matters, I would like to add that I chose not to take any prize from him)

Mcvitie's quest may not be original, but not so many people have set quests as creative as Z or Cutler. Half the quests in this realm are normally cipher based quests and while the Astral Plane Existed, there were a few mazes as well following cutler's maze. So its not really fair to brand someone as unoriginal when others go free of remarks...

But I do agree on Pip's and Chewy's statements that she is rarely on line as Mcvitie. So it's quite difficult for people to explain how her thinking works... Especially when this kind of quest requires observing the character for some time. But it would be great to read the winning entries in this quest. That should be enough proof of whether the person truely deserved the Wish point or not.

1) I do not plan to abuse anymore quests. Those that were around a while ago will know I gave a wishpoint to "my alt". I am not proud of this thus I do not want to "rig" any futher quests, not even for friends.
2)I did not say WHEN this will end did I? I didn't even say it WILL end. I use Mcvitie alot more now, so many people will be able to see what she is like.
3) It may NOT be original but, as Es pointed out ,neither are many of the quests in MD.

[quote Pipstickz]
Not to mention the fact that only you know how and why you think what you think, and the rest of us can just guess, using fancy words :/

PS: Also the fact that you spend more time on other alts than you do on mcvitie makes it quite a bit more complicated.[/quote]

I am asking how YOU see her, not how I see her. Though, of course, if someone says something that I agree with or that I was thinking then they will gain extra marks.

As dst indirectly points out, there is a conflict of interest here. By being the judge of entries, you will be biased toward positive remarks. But a separate judge would of course not know what you can be thinking...

The fairest way I see for this to continue is to have a separate judge or panel of judges, and to judge based on quality of writing with no emphasis on truthfulness.

Or just change the topic of the writings.

[quote name='apophys' date='03 July 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1278181239' post='63275']
As dst indirectly points out, there is a conflict of interest here. By being the judge of entries, you will be biased toward positive remarks. But a separate judge would of course not know what you can be thinking...

The fairest way I see for this to continue is to have a separate judge or panel of judges, and to judge based on quality of writing with no emphasis on truthfulness.

Or just change the topic of the writings.
[/quote]

I agree. If the quest carries on I think the quest should have a judge(s) who would decide what "opinion" is the best, based on the facts that were mentioned in that opinion

example: I think Smdrljivko is mean and corrupted since at that and that point when Tipikaka asked where can avatars be bought, he answered that they are acquired by random pick from the creator of the game so Tipikaka could use his RL money, investing into a trade for a cheap creature from Smrdljivko.

of course, facts mentioned in those opinions should really have at least some indirect proof...

it's just a thought
note: this story is entirely fictional with fictional characters. any relation with in game events is purely coincidental.

I will post this with this account now that it is my only.

I am not going to be biased at all. I am looking for good AND bad reasons. I don't want people to just suck up to me so that they might be in with a chance for a reward. Thats not how I work.

Judges would be a good idea, but the judges would have to know me very well. The only players that know mcvitie well was Stormrunner, so no one will be able to mark the paper without being misinformed.

I shall think upon these messages and shall perhaps make a few changes.

Thankyou all

~Sasha Lilias~