1st auction resumed

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

reopening the auction, slightly changed rules.

dark id1000 will be sold to highest bidder IN SILVER
morph auction becomes an auction for TWO different morphs and the "package" will be sold to highest bidder in GOLD. The two morphs are guaranteed to morph into different versions (still the snowman).

spell docs auction is still postponed. There might be a way soon to get them again and a price right now wont be fair to put.

bidding with anything proved to be too hard to judge ;)
i let the evaluation up to you , so do your trading and decide on your own what is worth what and end up with coins so that everybody can trade with the same.

THE AUCTION WILL LAST 7 DAYS
after the 7 days no more bids are accepted and the winner has 3 days to finish the coin transfer. Coins will go to The Postman, the tax collector. Winner may further trade or give away his won bid to someone else, so you are not allowed to place an other bid after auction ends but you can propose that bid to the winner of course.

because you can bid without having the coins first, thinking that you might have ways to get them in the 3days after the auction, i must add the following clause. If winner is unable to pay, a tax of 20% of his bid will be charged forcefully on him and the next winning bid will be selected.

good luck,

this time it will end :P

• Root Admin

because this might turn into an expensive auction that could drain the winners funds, i think it is fair to tell something about what the next future auction will be, becquse in time there will be more.

next auction will have also two items, one will be a usable inventory item one that will generate "secondary grade" items (tha crafting items will be more common by then so you cant determine its real value now). Also coins only, one gold one for silver, not mixed.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='05 August 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1281005761' post='65115']
because this might turn into an expensive auction that could drain the winners funds, i think it is fair to tell something about what the next future auction will be, becquse in time there will be more.
[/quote]

will there ever be an auction where one can offer all kinds of accomplishements? like avatars, wishpoints, creatures, items, ect?
or will every future auction be only decided by silver or gold coins?

• Root Admin

only coins because i concluded having one measuring unit is the only way to decide fair what is the highest bid. If i allow all sorts of things to by put as bid, then some might consider something more valuable than i think it is and a lot of arguments will start.

I might allow more things to be sold/traded between accounts so you can convert more into coins when needed. Currently the real market value is determined live by how much you can get for that item that you sell.

highest bidder so far is yrthilian ..still a long way to go.

you know you can bid just for one of the items , they are two separate auctions.

• Root Admin

i forgot to mention, all auctioned creatures can be renamed on purchase to whatever you wish. the morphs will be renamed on morphing (morphs come unmorphed so you may trade them first if you wish so)

oh and age... plenty. the dark is ancient and the morphs since they came out. transfer for the winner will happen WITHOUT AGE PENALETY

Edited by Muratus del Mur

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='05 August 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1281009411' post='65125']
only coins because i concluded having one measuring unit is the only way to decide fair what is the highest bid. If i allow all sorts of things to by put as bid, then some might consider something more valuable than i think it is and a lot of arguments will start.

I might allow more things to be sold/traded between accounts so you can convert more into coins when needed. Currently the real market value is determined live by how much you can get for that item that you sell.

highest bidder so far is yrthilian ..still a long way to go.

you know you can bid just for one of the items , they are two separate auctions.
[/quote]
Just a suggestion Mur, while determining value of almost whatever kind of bid like last time will be very hard to do, if you set up a gold/silver value for some achievements you would like to allow people to bid with, then I think it would be pretty fair since the value of said achievements has been set in advance.EDIT: you can even make some auctions special by having some achievements a valid bid on some auctions, but have it invalid for some other auctions (or have different values for different occasions).

For example, wishpoints= 30 silver/2gold, medals = 15 silver/1gold, etc, and when people bid, they should do it in a format like:

Bid for item A
30 silver
2 medals (30s)
2 wishpoints (60s)
[b]Total bid: 120 silver[/b]

Just some ideas for the future :ph34r:

Edited by Udgard

• Root Admin

best thing i could do is to put a coin pack in wish shop so that you can spend wishpoints on a fixed ammount of coins.... but nothing more. If that sounds acceptable, i will put it up before auction ends. However, i have no clue at this moment what would be the equivalent value and it might change after auction is over.

is there any need for secret bids or other "facilities"? if so pm me and i will analyze your request.

Toten 88silver
lightsage 8 gold

Edited by Muratus del Mur

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='05 August 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1281014383' post='65141']
@Udgard - OR, we could just stick to silver/gold, like mur proposed...offering medals/wp would be the same as me offering cash, say 100 usd for 100 gold, no?

[/quote]
I don't actually see any similarity there.
Medals and WP are achievements, which was considered when the auction first started, but is currently dropped because there is too much problem determining fair values of them. Cash is not in game achievements, and you can convert them to silver/gold via mdshop already.

No on topic posts aka bids, so mods please move this to a separate topic if you deem necessary.

[quote name='Grido' date='06 August 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1281119931' post='65288']
11 Gold for Morphs

and for other bidders for them bare in mind i have 25 Gold and quite want the Morphs....
[/quote]

*gasps* you're bidding away the wedding money? ^_^